MOYO cancels ICL contract

zubinpepsi

spacer.gifMiddle-order batsman cancels ICL contract and will play for Pakistan I am willing to do anything for Pakistan - Yousuf Osman Samiuddin September 27, 2007 spacer.gif Mohammad Yousuf has agreed to cancel his contract with the Indian Cricket League (ICL) and opted instead to represent Pakistan after talks with Nasim Ashraf, chairman of the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB). "I had a fruitful meeting with Yousuf today and he has signed a central contract with the PCB after agreeing not to play in the ICL," Ashraf said. "He is now available to represent Pakistan. He is the backbone of Pakistan's batting and we are happy that he is back." Along with Inzamam-ul-Haq, Abdul Razzaq and Imran Farhat, Yousuf signed on with the league over a month ago. Though it wasn't said at the time, the decision was thought to be a result of his axing from Pakistan's squad for the ICC World Twenty20. Razzaq, who was also axed, announced his retirement from international cricket, a decision he has yet to take back. "Whatever I have achieved is because of my country and I am willing to do anything for Pakistan," Yousuf said at a press conference in Lahore. "I didn't know this clause in the ICL contract that priority had to be given to the league instead of Pakistan when international matches are happening simultaneously." Though no similar moves have been made for the other three, the development represents a considerable coup for the Pakistan board, who have made no secret of their desire to lure Yousuf back. With the first Test against South Africa to begin on Monday, it means he is at least available to shore up a thin-looking middle order, which already has to fill the considerable gap left by Inzamam. Yousuf was recently selected ICC's Test player of the year for an outstanding 2006, in which he scored a world record 1788 Test runs with nine hundreds. Osman Samiuddin is the Pakistan editor of Cricinfo ------------- :giggle: will ICL ever take off?? dont know how many players will stick with ICL.. Wonder wat the young players status are

Brilliant, Shwetabh. Yes, that describes him very nicely. It's quite clear as well that money has always been his primary consideration- has guided every move of his. The conversion was essentially a tool to be treated on par with the others in the team, as he felt he was missing out on endorsements, etc. Gave up the prospect of playing for the national team at the first temptation despite a phenomenal year. Came back when his pay packet was upped. Quite clearly, a mercenary in the truest sense of the word.

Cricketics and Sriram were discussing this topic. Cricketics said, "Money rulez" Sriram countered, " Enough of bashing. Concentrate on your own happiness, not the cash of others" Cricketics: Something else rulez...I am not sure what. Finelegs: My legs? Oh sorry....I meant to say Yo-Yo has a right to make an honourable living, It's a bit sad to see all this narrow mindedness. Gambit arrives, "I am locking this thread. No religious discussions". Dsr, standing 20 feet away, suddenly pulls up something in his head. It's an antenna. It's caught what Gambit said. He comes running, "Ridiculous! This is going completely over the...errr highchair.." Fineleg: Over the top, Dsr? Dsr: Yes, yes, over the top. These kinds of threads are allowed on CNN... Cricketics: It suckz GKD arrives, "Have you seen my new pink underwear, guys?"

Cricketics and Sriram were discussing this topic. Cricketics said, "Money rulez" Sriram countered, " Enough of bashing. Concentrate on your own happiness, not the cash of others" Cricketics: Something else rulez...I am not sure what. Finelegs: My legs? Oh sorry....I meant to say Yo-Yo has a right to make an honourable living, It's a bit sad to see all this narrow mindedness. Gambit arrives, "I am locking this thread. No religious discussions". Dsr, standing 20 feet away, suddenly pulls up something in his head. It's an antenna. It's caught what Gambit said. He comes running, "Ridiculous! This is going completely over the...errr highchair.." Fineleg: Over the top, Dsr? Dsr: Yes, yes, over the top. These kinds of threads are allowed on CNN... Cricketics: It suckz GKD arrives, "Have you seen my new pink underwear, guys?"
What the hell was that...:hysterical:

So many flaws in his reasoning. According to ICL he can play intl matches, and he knew all the clauses going into the deal. The reason all this nakhara is probably because PCB offered him money to come back, and to avoid other players from demanding money as well this stupid 'cover up'. MONEY ALWAYS WINS

:two_thumbs_up::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
:hysterical: I am quickly gaining the reputation of being a dictator like Analf Himler. :(
:hysterical:that's the funniest random nonsense i have heard in quite a while..you got talent doc:two_thumbs_up:
:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha: effing brilliant!!
:hysterical: Trust Dhondy to liven up an otherwise dull day