New rule for ODIs

dial_100

They chaging the Rule for ODI from Oct 1st. If both the captains aggree then these may be implemented on Sat itself. Here are the rule. 1. Extra fielder (Only one) will be allowed to field outside after first power play. 2. All the powerplays will be adjusted proportionately when overs are reduced. 3. For a no ball, there will be a free hit like BIS-BIS. 4. A replacement of a ball after 35 overs for each innings. They will use best used ball available. One thing I dont like here is that they should go little bit PRO-bowler as well. Something like, 1. if bowler CLEANED bowled someone in the first 5 overs then bowler gets a free hit and with HIT to stump, they should reduce 5 runs from opposition's score. 2. For run out, they should not consider the complete RUNs if they get RUN out. I.E. When batters run for 2nd or 3rd or 4th run and they get out then they should count it 0 runs. More like penulty for run out. Often we have seen team runs extra run just so that tail-end batsman doesnt get the strike. In the process they throw away their wkt and bring the other batsman on the strike. It kills the fun. In this batsman friendly conditions, especially after, BIS-BIS, we need some rules to support bowlers as well. OR else no one will take bowling seriously. Plus batsman will be carefull while slogging in the first 5 overs fearing to lose 5 runs and a wkt. What say guys?

Free hit is total BS. Bowlers will start bowling a yard behind the line now. To make more rules favoring the bowlers, I want to see: 1. Bowlers gettiing a extra over, if he takes the wicket with no contribution from others (bowled, lbw or c&B etc.). I don;t want to tamper with the run-out rule. except that if the striker is out, caught in the deep, in the first run, they should not allow the non-striker to cross over and start batting. The new batsman will have to start batting from the first ball itself.

I like the idea of bowler getting extra over for every wicket..this will encourage them to go for wickets..
That would be a cool rule. Maybe teams will gamlble more by playing fewer bowlers hoping that their top few strike a couple of blows and share the remaining overs. Nice one dude,