End of bjp jdu alliance ,sharad yadav quits as NDA head

vayuu1

Good' date='now Modi & BJP can concentrate on election.[/quote'] an election where even before starting, NDA has lost around 20-22 seats because of Modi's elevation and an election where apart from AIADMK no other party will even come close to the NDA for a pre poll alliance. Hell lot of good that will do to the BJP's prospects....

an election where even before starting' date=' NDA has lost around 20-22 seats because of Modi's elevation and an election where apart from AIADMK no other party will even come close to the NDA for a pre poll alliance. Hell lot of good that will do to the BJP's prospects....[/quote'] amma is modi's fan , but i dont think Her Highness likes to have an alliance with BJP before elections .. :winky: maybe she might support BJP from inside if BJP needs her support for the government ( which is unlikely )

@ S=G I think u r forgetting one thing bjp know that there is little chance of getting a lot of minority votes (that's the exact reason jdu is out),so they can now concentrate on majority votes,the more the minority votes are divided,the better for bjp,remember one thingthough namo represent aggressive ideology ,the vast improvement he has done to his image through development ,can also help him,on the other hand this step could backfire for nitish,people might see this as backstabbing,not to forget he was the railway minister during godhra,also upper castes are somewhat displeased with few of his decision ,so I don't know.

amma is modi's fan , but i dont think Her Highness likes to have an alliance with BJP before elections .. :winky: maybe she might support BJP from inside if BJP needs her support for the government ( which is unlikely )
I'm not saying she will definitely join, I'm simply saying that among all the potential allies, she is the only one who may join before the elections. All others won't come near a Modi led BJP.
@ S=G I think u r forgetting one thing bjp know that there is little chance of getting a lot of minority votes (that's the exact reason jdu is out)' date='[b']so they can now concentrate on majority votes,the more the minority votes are divided,the better for bjp,remember one thingthough namo represent aggressive ideology ,the vast improvement he has done to his image through development ,can also help him,on the other hand this step could backfire for nitish,people might see this as backstabbing,not to forget he was the railway minister during godhra,also upper castes are somewhat displeased with few of his decision ,so I don't know.
the majority votes is also divided over Modi - some love him, others hate him. In such a scenario it could massively backfire if the BJP trusts only the majority vote. Sure, Nitish will lose some votes because people will see him as backstabber but that loss can be compensated by an increase in minority votes which he will get for breaking ties with a Modi led BJP. It is the BJP that will be the biggest loser because the BJP-JDU alliance added 32 MPs (20 JDU and 12 BJP) but now with this split I don't see BJP winning anything more than 10 on its own.

I'm not saying she will definitely join, I'm simply saying that among all the potential allies, she is the only one who may join before the elections. All others won't come near a Modi led BJP. the majority votes is also divided over Modi - some love him, others hate him. In such a scenario it could massively backfire if the BJP trusts only the majority vote. Sure, Nitish will lose some votes because people will see him as backstabber but that loss can be compensated by an increase in minority votes which he will get for breaking ties with a Modi led BJP. It is the BJP that will be the biggest loser because the BJP-JDU alliance added 32 MPs (20 JDU and 12 BJP) but now with this split I don't see BJP winning anything more than 10 on its own.
as far as minority votes is concerned I think rjd is there as well,the polls of mahraniganj will also boast his confidence.

No way Amma would go for a pre poll alliance for Modi. Even if she supports him post poll, she will extract more than a pound of flesh in return. Remember she brought down Vajpayee's first government along with Swamy
this is different scenario.

probably the right move. BJP need to make a stand on its own. I dont think anybody will win the 2014 general elections. Might as well bite the bullet in 2014 and then concentrate for the elections which follow.