End of bjp jdu alliance ,sharad yadav quits as NDA head

vayuu1

at the end of the day this decision means suicide for both....
Not really, BJP's losses will be confined to the dozen seats it has in Bihar. But Nitish could potentially be wiped out by Lalu-Paswan. Also, the elevation of Narendra Modi will at least reinvigorate the BJP cadre in the rest of the country.

Not really' date=' BJP's losses will be confined to the dozen seats it has in Bihar. [b']But Nitish could potentially be wiped out by Lalu-Paswan. Also, the elevation of Narendra Modi will at least reinvigorate the BJP cadre in the rest of the country.
No chance. He will lose some support for sure but he will also get sympathy from minorities for not accepting Modi as BJP's leader. agreed. But without coalition partners BJP alone can't do much so a reinvigorated cadre won't be of much help when the final numbers in the elections come out.

coalition Govt :doh:
its going to be a series of coalition governments. Modi is 61 and IMO still has 10-12 years at the top. Reminds me of the post Rao era. Most likely Laloo prasad with the muslim-vadav combo will benefit from this at state and national level. IMO the bjp just need to focus on their own strengths. Allies will be found IMO. The BJP unit in Bihar do have capable men like Himanshu Modi. The fact is Narendra Modi is a non yadav OBC icon. The BJP strategy in the gangetic belt will be to target the non yadav OBC's with Narendra Modi. Nitish kumar in that regard also being a non yadav OBC was always going to be a thorn.

Not really, BJP's losses will be confined to the dozen seats it has in Bihar. But Nitish could potentially be wiped out by Lalu-Paswan. Also, the elevation of Narendra Modi will at least reinvigorate the BJP cadre in the rest of the country.
I love your optimism. After being way off base in the last elections about a BJP victory, your dream of NaMo becoming the PM remains as strong and as delusional as ever. BJP just lost 25 seats in the next Lok Sabha, but you can still see the positives out of the move. :hysterical:

I love your optimism. After being way off base in the last elections about a BJP victory' date=' your dream of NaMo becoming the PM remains as strong and as delusional as ever.[b'] BJP just lost 25 seats in the next Lok Sabha, but you can still see the positives out of the move. :hysterical:
they had 12 lok sabha seats from bihar in the last election.....where did 25 come from anyways? NDA probably lost 20 odd seats

I love your optimism. After being way off base in the last elections about a BJP victory' date=' your dream of NaMo becoming the PM remains as strong and as delusional as ever. BJP just lost 25 seats in the next Lok Sabha, but you can still see the positives out of the move. :hysterical:[/quote']I have always maintained that Rahul Gandhi is the probable next PM. But the BJP's best chance amongst the leaders it has is with Modi. So in that sense BJP is making a throw of the dice. After all what good is repeating 2009 all over again ?

its going to be a series of coalition governments. Modi is 61 and IMO still has 10-12 years at the top. Reminds me of the post Rao era. Most likely Laloo prasad with the muslim-vadav combo will benefit from this at state and national level. IMO the bjp just need to focus on their own strengths. Allies will be found IMO. The BJP unit in Bihar do have capable men like Himanshu Modi. The fact is Narendra Modi is a non yadav OBC icon. The BJP strategy in the gangetic belt will be to target the non yadav OBC's with Narendra Modi. Nitish kumar in that regard also being a non yadav OBC was always going to be a thorn.
Nah....the time of stopgap Govts. is over. Just look at the UPA Govt - Left, TMC, DMK have all left the coalition in the last 9 years but the Govt has continued because of "outside" support from other parties. Nowadays the regional parties do not have ideology and will support any Govt (with a few exceptions where some parties won't support the BJP) so once a National Party (be it BJP or Cong) forms a Govt, it will last 5 years. Modi is one of those leaders whose caste does not matter - you either love him or hate him and in a majority of the cases, people will vote/not vote for him based on that. The BJP won't get any advantage/disadvantage because of his caste IMO.

Nah....the time of stopgap Govts. is over. Just look at the UPA Govt - Left, TMC, DMK have all left the coalition in the last 9 years but the Govt has continued because of "outside" support from other parties. Nowadays the regional parties do not have ideology and will support any Govt (with a few exceptions where some parties won't support the BJP) so once a National Party (be it BJP or Cong) forms a Govt, it will last 5 years. Modi is one of those leaders whose caste does not matter - you either love him or hate him and in a majority of the cases, people will vote/not vote for him based on that. The BJP won't get any advantage/disadvantage because of his caste IMO.
remains to be seen. IMO they will. Plus Indian elections have been won with 25% of the popular vote. Me thinks like and dislike is good in that regard.

thats what he meant when he said BJP lost 25 seats.
unfortunately its a stand the BJP are forced to take. I dont think whats happening is good. But it probably needed to happen well before an election year. What Modi needs to do is aim to get the BJP in the 140-160 seat zone. From there if he cannot form government then sit tight. Looking at the economic indicators of India governing is going to get a lot harder. There is nothing saying that Modi has only one shot. I personally think 2014 needs to used as a springboard. Modi is the only mass leader who the BJP have. Their options were always limited to him. Project Modi as the leader and concentrate on your own tally. Thats what the BJP needs to do. There will be assembly elections in Odisha especially. Good chance that the BJP might emerge kingmaker in that forcing the Biju Janta Dal to support them from the outside.

unfortunately its a stand the BJP are forced to take. I dont think whats happening is good. But it probably needed to happen well before an election year. What Modi needs to do is aim to get the BJP in the 140-160 seat zone. From there if he cannot form government then sit tight. Looking at the economic indicators of India governing is going to get a lot harder. There is nothing saying that Modi has only one shot. I personally think 2014 needs to used as a springboard. Modi is the only mass leader who the BJP have. Their options were always limited to him. Project Modi as the leader and concentrate on your own tally. Thats what the BJP needs to do.
Second chance might be extremely difficult IMO. BJP has taken a big gamble projecting him as the face and leader. If they fail, even by a small margin, all blame will definitely fall on Modi's head and his detractors will want his head. So it will be all or nothing for him in 2014

Second chance might be extremely difficult IMO. BJP has taken a big gamble projecting him as the face and leader. If they fail' date=' even by a small margin, all blame will definitely fall on Modi's head and his detractors will want his head. So it will be all or nothing for him in 2014[/quote'] and who is going to challenge modi from within the BJP? The sartaps like Munde and Raje are firmly behind him. The cadre are firmly behind him. There is no alternative. the maharashtra BJP for eg has always been behind Modi from day 1. Bulk of the BJP funding comes from Gujarat and Maharashtra.

I have always maintained that Rahul Gandhi is the probable next PM. But the BJP's best chance amongst the leaders it has is with Modi. So in that sense BJP is making a throw of the dice. After all what good is repeating 2009 all over again ?
Anti-incumbency would have helped NDA big time in 2014, so am not sure BJP's best chance was with Modi

and who is going to challenge modi from within the BJP? The sartaps like Munde and Raje are firmly behind him. The cadre are firmly behind him. There is no alternative. the maharashtra BJP for eg has always been behind Modi from day 1. Bulk of the BJP funding comes from Gujarat and Maharashtra.
They are firmly behind him now. It doesn't take long for political alliances to change. If BJP loses out, it will be very easy to blame Modi, bring back Advani into the helm of things and make alliances again with parties like JDU for the next election. The anti-Modis in BJP will then hold lots of sway

They are firmly behind him now. It doesn't take long for political alliances to change. If BJP loses out' date=' it will be very easy to blame Modi, bring back Advani into the helm of things and make alliances again with parties like JDU for the next election. The anti-Modis in BJP will then hold lots of sway[/quote'] Modi has a power base in Gujarat which funds most of the BJP campaign. Advani has no power base or had no power base. Thats the difference. Quite frankly if the Gujarat BJP turns off the money tap even the RSS will be brought to its knees. The only way Modi can be defeated if somebody from within Guj unseats him. Till that happens its Modi for the next 2-3 elections for the BJP

It ll be hung assembly in any case. Anyway Nitish's issues are not secularism as is true with most pseudo secularists many of whom you will find here too. His are purely ego and envy issues. If he had to leave NDA, it had to be after 2002. Draw the line then and there. Now to sit here and claim that Modi is not secular enough and guess who is secular enough, Advani. How the world has changed ? Who would have thought that after 1992, Advani would be considered secular enough. I want Advani to be PM candidate for other reasons. But if putting Modi up, pits the secularists and communalist, I would be happy in a way. It would again establish that they are mirror opposites of each other. They are the fundamentalists running this country to the ground while having no real understanding or clarity of their own ideologies.