Tendulkar's Losing 100's

living

the true mark of a great player in a team game would be how he fares when others are losing their ground beneath them. And on that count he has always failed . And how many battles has he won with the best bowlers in ODI'S , SAY SOMEONE LIKE MCGRATH, Donald, waquar, Akram , he may have had a few success here and there ,and those few have come in pitches of subcontinental type, but on most occasions it has been bowlers like Mcgrath who have won. Can you compare this aspect with someone like Gilchrist who has been able to even tame bowlers like Akram , waquar, any one you name it, has he been able to tame bowlers, knock them out. Rarely. Don't talk statistics when you want to talk about greatness. if you want to talk about good players you could give all the statistics. Tendulkar's Hundreds don't give any indication of greatness. He surely is one of the best though.
How can statistics taken over 395 ODI's ever lie. We reached 2 WC semi's because of sachin. 96 and 2003. The so called attack that you talk about, he just tore all of them apart. You are comparing someone like gilcrhist with sachin. I will say that even shewag has hit all those gr8 bowlers u keep talking about. So gilly and shewag are on the same plane. Why afridi is even more destructive. He can take any attack to the cleaners. Does it mean he is better than everyone else. Sachin is one of the gods of world cricket. Be careful whom you talk about
the true mark of a great player in a team game would be how he fares when others are losing their ground beneath them. And on that count he has always failed . And how many battles has he won with the best bowlers in ODI'S , SAY SOMEONE LIKE MCGRATH, Donald, waquar, Akram , he may have had a few success here and there ,and those few have come in pitches of subcontinental type, but on most occasions it has been bowlers like Mcgrath who have won. Can you compare this aspect with someone like Gilchrist who has been able to even tame bowlers like Akram , waquar, any one you name it, has he been able to tame bowlers, knock them out. Rarely. Don't talk statistics when you want to talk about greatness. if you want to talk about good players you could give all the statistics. Tendulkar's Hundreds don't give any indication of greatness. He surely is one of the best though.
Paka mat yaar... Its friday....Aaraam se so jaa.. Again if thats what you think, switch off the TV when he is playing... :dance::dance::dance::dance:...Mai aur bheemy dono milke Tendy ko dekhing..:yay:

am just not going to get into any dispute, it's just my opinion , and if you want dismiss that for lack of proof you have every right to do that. it's just that i remember more memorable knocks under intense pressure by some of his contemporaries in the 90's. Every one knows about the knocks Bevan has played, players like steve waugh, even Cronje has played blinders with the tail in Sharjah. Sorry though that am not able to speak with exact Stats. So you could just call this my opinion and dismiss it.

i rarely like to watch sachin play nowadays' date=' he just doesn't inspire confidence , he huffs and puffs sometimes or goes ballistic only to lose his wicket, or ends up with a dubious decision.[/quote'] :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Probably that's why had better SR than most in the last ODI series
am just not going to get into any dispute, it's just my opinion , and if you want dismiss that for lack of proof you have every right to do that. it's just that i remember more memorable knocks under intense pressure by some of his contemporaries in the 90's. Every one knows about the knocks Bevan has played, players like steve waugh, even Cronje has played blinders with the tail in Sharjah. Sorry though that am not able to speak with exact Stats. So you could just call this my opinion and dismiss it.
That is because tendulkar OPENS the innings he doesn't come out @ number 5 or 6 (7 sometimes for Bevan). How often do opening batsmen play with the tail to finish the game? Dravid used to finish for India, and now if you think about the past few years you might feel RD hasn't been doing the job - but thats simply the impression because he's coming in at number 3 and you don't often see him 'guiding' India to victory. Also you talk about these players who perform under pressure. Does that mean in a normal game its ok for them to fail? If SRT doesn't score in all those qualifying rounds you're NOT GOING TO HAVE A FACKING PRESSURE GAME TO PLAY. Put that in your head - I hate all these ppl rambling PRESSURE PRESSURE. What about Yuvi and the T 20 WC? He technically failed in the biggest pressure match, does that mean Ghambir gets the nod over yuvi in your book? Because Ghambir delivered when it mattered the most? BULL FACKING $HIT.
Lets crunch some numbers shall we ...
1st innings          131  131   5  6105 186* 152  146   48.45  22  26   3
2nd innings          142  142  14  6204 143  141  134   48.46  15  36   7

Almost a dead even record in both innings of a ODI (as opener)

thanks dude, i have a request would it be possible to get sachin statistics while we were chasing more than 250 from these 142 matches i have a bet with my frnd, hope i win. tia,