Ganguly regrets decision of skipping T20

fineleg

Ganguly regrets decision of skipping T20 http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayArticleNew.asp?xfile=data/sports/2007/September/sports_September876.xml&section=sports&col= "I do regret having made myself unavailable for the world Twenty20" Former Indian captain Sourav Ganguly had admitted that a lot of his pre-held impressions about Twenty20 cricket have turned out wrong. Ganguly, the most successful Indian captain ever, never thought India would make it to the finals: Dhoni would be successful to this extent and that he was committing a mistake by turning his back to Twenty20 cricket. “I had thought that Australia would be one of the finalists. Because of the amount of Twenty20 played in England, I’d expected (Paul) Collingwood’s team to do well,” said Ganguly in an interview here. “Dhoni has done very well but look, because of the duration (of the Twenty20 game), you’re always in the game. Dhoni’s real test will be in the ODIs.” “I do regret having made myself unavailable for the world Twenty20. But this win has made us all feel very good. Losing a final can crush you. It’s not just the 2003 World Cup, the disappointment of having lost the mini World Cup final to New Zealand in 2000 still rankles.” ----------------------------------------------------------- But, we (fans) dont regret deczn of skipping T20 :two_thumbs_up:

Not just Ganguly, the geriatric trio, is under far more pressure now than they were a month ago. They know that they are keeping the likes of Uthappa, Sehwag, Rohit, KKD & co, out, purely on reputation. Any slip or blip from here, the public, BCCI and the media will get more vocal against them. This more than missing out on a world cup championship should be worrying for them.

“Dhoni has done very well but look, because of the duration (of the Twenty20 game), you’re always in the game. Dhoni’s real test will be in the ODIs.”
True & astute observation.
He is a prick - cant take the fact that the team succeeded without him. Selfishly wishes he was part of it as if it would have not made the team worse. This guy has to be kicekd to the curb he wont leave himself.
Despite his decline, he is still a former Indian legend, and deserves far more respect than to be called that. While he may be a bit of a hindrance now, he has done a lot for cricket in our country during his time at the helm... Rest of the post is true, we would have struggled if we had to carry him during that tournament...
Ganguly, the most successful Indian captain ever, never thought India would make it to the finals: Dhoni would be successful to this extent and that he was committing a mistake by turning his back to Twenty20 cricket. “I had thought that Australia would be one of the finalists. Because of the amount of Twenty20 played in England, I’d expected (Paul) Collingwood’s team to do well,” said Ganguly in an interview here.
so he opted out for he tot we wud not do well in this twenty20.. what a fighter ganguly issss.:wall:
Despite his decline, he is still a former Indian legend, and deserves far more respect than to be called that. While he may be a bit of a hindrance now, he has done a lot for cricket in our country during his time at the helm... Rest of the post is true, we would have struggled if we had to carry him during that tournament...
CoB, Whatever respect he had earned before is going away now. In other words, Ganguly tending towards prick.
sry man bengali's are supporting gangu with closed blind eyes.