Was Inzamam a choker?

Shehezaada

Just like that fat-@ss Inzamam went WEAK-KNEED in matches against India, so does this guy. Got Pakistan so close, only to throw it away when they were IN TOUCHING DISTANCE of that trophy. What a loser. He HUMILIATED his country in front of the entire world. Then again, it's not his fault - he was born a p@ki...:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA
when? Inzy was one of the coolest heads in the game, and one of the best finishers. He has done it on many occasions for Pakistan. Back it up with logic otherwise don't talk crap.
when? Inzy was one of the coolest heads in the game' date= and one of the best finishers. He has done it on many occasions for Pakistan. Back it up with logic otherwise don't talk crap.
IMPORTANT I don't understand why people like you still believe in logic and reasonings! Now quit this drama and join the CDS(cool dudes society) which bashes each and every PAK player in the sight.. oh and remember the most elite members are those who can bash in the most graceful language...kind of like the one used at the corner of local Paan walla's shop. Now just go ahead and PM president predator for an application form.

Well Predator is running scared so I'm gonna fire some bullets of my own: Right off the top of my head..I can remember 3 great innings from Inzamam against India that came under severe pressure 1) 1st ODI, Karachi, India vs Pakistan Inzamam comes in to a pressure cooker situation chasing 350 with Pakistan's openers going in back to back overs and it's 34/2 in 8 overs. Facing a rate of 7.52, Inzamam takes charge with Mohd Yousuf and plays a barnstorming knock of 122/104 balls. Pakistan were running away with it at one point, and it had one man to thank. Fortunately for us, Dravid actually caught one with the gloves, and a great slower ball from Zaheer to bowl Razzaq meant we won the game. 2) Jubilee Match Chasing 293 in Kolkata at all places, Inzy plays a cool hand of 75 off 75 balls to set up victory alongside Salman Butt. What was important is that he had to deal with a totally out of sorts Mohd Yousuf at the other end while Butt retired hurt. Superb innings. 3) Ahemdabad, 4th ODI, 2005 Down 2-1 in the series, Tendulkar smacks a century that properls India to 316 in 48 overs. PAK gets a flying start courtesy Shahid Afridi, but are in trouble with losing wickets at crucial times. Inzamam plays a cool 60* to guide Pakistan home. those are just 3...I can remember knocks of 118* chasing down SRL's 272, and who can forget his knocks against NZ and ENG in WC 92..and he was on debut then! Let's go Predator, the war's on. I hope the predator doesn't turn into prey.

heres some of his choking is REAL Big games ;) 1991-1992 Benson & Hedges World Cup -aloo scored 2 1995-1996 Wills World Cup - aloo scored 12 1996-1997 Sahara 'Friendship' CupGAME 5(series tied 2-2) aloo scores 9 1999 ICC World Cup aloo finally scores.. 43..but off 93 balls 2002-2003 ICC World Cup aloo scored 6

In ODIs, Inzamam has been one of the best batsmen over the past 15 years (though that doesn't stop me from taking the mikey out of him:D). He failed to deliver against India in WC matches and his overall record in WCs is pretty poor, so a case can me made that he did not step up on the big occasions generally (despite the 60 in the SF of '92 WC). But there have been so many other matches where the pressure has been on and difficult targets are to be chased against good opposition where he has really come good and finished off matches. One of the best ever ODI batsmen.

The fact will always remain that Inzi won Pak a WC in 1st go unlike Tendulkar who failed in 5 attempts.:giggle:
hahah do you wanna check how many runs both made in World Cups? check inzi's stats in WC'03.. :two_thumbs_up: ohh well.. if only Cricket was an individual sports game..

No he was no choker. He was an extremely good batsman who at times struggled, perhaps as much due to the expectations of him, as due to the bowler's brilliance. I have never quite understood that while Sachin and Lara were widely acknowledged as the best batsman of their generation, why did certain Pakistani greats(specially Imran) kept hyping Inzzy as the best bat of the time. That, atleast on some level, put pressure on the guy. Still overall a great batsman and one who more often than not performed great against India.

He was not a choker... he was a very good player specially on flat tracks...he did make tons of runs against ordinary bowling attacks, but failed miserably against the best attacks...(Aus / SA) He may have won the worldcup but then this could be one of those fluke innings too.. where he was an unknown commodity and just became successful. and then could not recreate the magic in 4 attempts lateron (1996/1999/2003/2007). I still respect him as a batsman, but what seperates him from the other greats is he could not step up the plate on the best stage (world cup & best attacks)...

He's never stepped up as Pak's best batsman in a world cup. The only time he did was when he was an unknown youngster. After that, he failed in the '96 quarter, '99 final, entire '03 was a disaster and so was '07. In test cricket, he was a good batsman bordering on great at times but because of his non performance against Aus and RSA, history won't remember him as a great batsman. I think Javed Miandad and Saeed Anwar were better batsmen than him.

Aaluu can never become the Best even in pakistan..how can some put him in the bracket of Sachin, Lara..Dravid..Ponting.. aalu was andhon me kaana raja... jayasurya is better than him..
:two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up: very true... and of course Jayasurya is better. Jayasurya really won the world cup for his team as compared to aalu.. he played well throughout the tournament and not a one off game. secondly, look at the difference in fitness between the two players.. even at this age jayasurya can think about playing for a couple of years...