Choke Jobs!! We just love them!!

Re: Choke Jobs!! We just love them!! Shwetabh, statistics are great to read and will only suggest the past. In the context of the game those statistics will not help. Guess what produces results in India's favour? Good bowling and some bad batting from South Africa. From what I saw they are not an unsure side anymore. They have come back several times in this match and they aren't the sissies here. Indian team is the sissy here, not able to grab the opportunity. South Africa has done enough to come back to claim the victory and I don't reckon they are going to stuff it up tomorrow whatever the conditions. When a team makes so many big hearted come backs they usually emerge winners.

Re: Choke Jobs!! We just love them!! Ravi, the idea behind the thread was to show that batting in the fourth innings is not easy and South Africa have shown themselves to be vulnerable to it in the recent past. I believe we have enough runs on the board. The ball will get softer, the pitch will deterioate more, and its going to be a close tussle and Kumble will be the deciding factor. Sure we are 60 runs short of an ideal score to defend but those 60 runs can be easily compensated by bowling better.

Re: Choke Jobs!! We just love them!! Sure thing Shwetabh and Veer, I like your optimism :wtg: Indian bowlers will bowl well if the Saffies play very defensively but if they take few risks and try to hit our bowlers out it is curtains for India. Our bowlers barring Anil will not know where to bowl and will forget all that they discussed in the meeting prior to the start of the day. I hope Saffies bat like Tendulkar did yesterday and play into India's hands. :hmph:

Re: Choke Jobs!! We just love them!! they will probably win 3 down. there is a small chance that they will get to 140 for 2, and then 2-3 wickets will fall, and everyone will use stupid analogies like 'could there be another twist, the fat lady hasnt sung yet' etc, shastri will cry himself hoarse on how kumble the old veteran the warhorse can win the game etc and sa will then get to the score 6 down. you cannot suck in the second and hope to win a test match, unless you have a 100plus lead in the first. games such as bombay 2005 and melbourne 82 are exceptions.