India's chances in the World Cup

Parth

Re: India's chances in the World Cup The ICC and the sponsors are well aware of the fact that a long Indian run in the WC would mean BIG bucks for them. India mint their money after all. So the pitches will be flattened out to suit our batsmen and India's success will be in the best interests of the world cricketing body. So keeping that in mind, and assumign that these lazy mugs of ours raise their game like they did last time - a semi-final appearance should be the very least we can expect from them. I am looking forward to India making it 5-0 too, *wink wink*

Re: India's chances in the World Cup

I hope they lose to PAK....twice! Once in the super 8 and off course in the final!:wtg: this 4-0 thing is a bit annoying! :mad:
Man - an India-Pakistan showdown in the World Cup FINAL !! I'd kill to see that. Doubt it will happen tho' - both teams are too damn erratic and always flatter to deceive

Re: India's chances in the World Cup

If its an Ind-Pak final' date=' I'll hide under my bed and emerge after a month! The tension will be unbearable. But if we were to win that encounter, the high that it would give us would be unimaginable![/quote'] :hic:

Re: India's chances in the World Cup There's a talented core of players without a doubt. Tendulkar in ODIs did do pretty well in the last year, and if Yuvraj's fit and VVS returns, the side should be a little stronger on the batting front. And hopefully that 1-4 defeat in the Windies will have given the side an idea of just what's needed to succeed there in terms of tactics, gameplans and the sort of players needed. But there won't be a win - I'll be somewhere between shocked and very very pleasantly surprised if there is. Australia are far too good. Sri Lanka are right now a good deal better than us, and have the batting to really impose themselves on the series. New Zealand and South Africa have the professionalism and almost unparalleled all round depth. I'll be pleased if the semis are made. If not, it won't be a big shock or blow though, as the side isn't in the league of a few others and on recent form, shouldn't be expected to do anywhere near as well as last time.

Re: India's chances in the World Cup stay strong guys..... India will do well in this world cup provided that the selections are spot on Batsmen: Golden Figure: Sachin Tendulkar, did well in the last world cup Attackers: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag Stabilizers: Rahul Dravid, VVS Laxman, and Yuvraj Singh Bench: Mohammad Kaif, Dinesh Karthik Bowling Brisk Pace: Sreesanth, Munaf Patel or Ajit Agarkar Experience : Anil Kumble, Zaheer Khan, Harbhajan Singh Key Allrounder: Irfan Pathan 15 Man squad broken down for you.