Can misbah punish anything other than full/length balls?

One very interesting thing i noted from repeat the 2020 highlights was, Misbah was punishing balls of a length that was not full enough or full tosses. I tried to observe how punishes balls of other length. the reason was that he messed up the two short balls from sreeanth and played some unconvincing shots vs the short ones. I wanted to basically find out where our bowler went wrong and instead i think i found something incriminating about misbah. Believe me the count i got based on these matches was a big ZERO Almost each and every ball he punished harbhajan,agarkar ,sreesanth was in "his zone". The reason is our bowlers were trying the time tested formula of trying to get under the bat with fuller deliveries or yorkers at the death.Ofcourse if you miss it, they end up half volleys or full tosses. This man seems to entirely thrive on this *habit* of the bowlers and their failure to deviate from a habit ! The moment he got those short balls from sreesanth he could not buy a run from 2 balls. similarly in the penultimate over from RP singh in the final , he was not able to punish any delivery as all of them were slight short or full enough. The question that arises is does he have the ammunition to punish anything above waist high severely? can the bowler put him out of business by just bowling short to him? if he has it, i have not seen it in these matches. If one remembers Jadeja was of a similar type too. deadly when overpitched but little to offer to short ones. The bat lift is eerily similar. shastri did not have the pull or fiery cut to punish short ones either.

"He'll be found out pretty quickly by the South Africans if your observation is correct." I said he most likely does not have the shots to punish short balls. which is different from getting dismissed by short balls. but i wud not be surprised one bit if he does have wekanesses vs the short stuff. but right now i cannot judge that from 20/20