Worst Ever Decision

Umpires arent great. DRS isnt great. Usage of DRS isnt great. I dont see a situation where everybody is happy. It can never happen. Players will never consistently walk. Some are genuinely unsure of their dismissal, some trust umpire, some blatantly cheat. How do you manage all the scenarios that might crop up? Its mighty hard. Technology is good I think, but is handled badly by stupid captains (virtually ALL who have used it, have stuffed up many many times). What can be done? 3rd umpire intervening is an option, but that was implemented last season here in Oz domestic cricket, and it was such a farce that it was scrapped mid season. Hopeless situation.

Umpires arent great. DRS isnt great. Usage of DRS isnt great. I dont see a situation where everybody is happy. It can never happen. Players will never consistently walk. Some are genuinely unsure of their dismissal' date=' some trust umpire, some blatantly cheat. How do you manage all the scenarios that might crop up? Its mighty hard. Technology is good I think, but is handled badly by stupid captains (virtually ALL who have used it, have stuffed up many many times). What can be done? 3rd umpire intervening is an option, but that was implemented last season here in Oz domestic cricket, and it was such a farce that it was scrapped mid season. Hopeless situation.[/quote'] maybe they need to increase the reviews from 2 to 5? 2 is not enough IMO
Umpires arent great. DRS isnt great. Usage of DRS isnt great. I dont see a situation where everybody is happy. It can never happen. Players will never consistently walk. Some are genuinely unsure of their dismissal' date=' some trust umpire, some blatantly cheat. How do you manage all the scenarios that might crop up? Its mighty hard. Technology is good I think, but is handled badly by stupid captains (virtually ALL who have used it, have stuffed up many many times). What can be done? 3rd umpire intervening is an option, but that was implemented last season here in Oz domestic cricket, and it was such a farce that it was scrapped mid season. Hopeless situation.[/quote'] What pisses off people is when you get a perceived wrong decision against you, you go to town crying however when a blatant howler is given in your favor, you stand your ground and then you are labelled courageous by your ex team mates. now turned commies and who also masquerader as Guardians of Spirit of Cricket..... English should stop preaching, the queen does not rule anymore
"He (Dar) always gets the crucial decisions wrong & always has, that's why he's not a great umpire! We all make mistakes & it's a very tough job being an umpire, but when Dar continually makes crucial mistakes why does he keep getting a gig?" - Shane Warne on Twitter
:giggle: ooch

My "favorite" is the one against Sachin. I think it was against Pakistan or could be SA but definitely in kolkatta. He was given out caught behind by bucknor but the ball missed the ball by about 10 inches. Its the worst decision i have seen than anything here because the light was fading and the batsmen wanted to walk off because of bad light (and it was pretty dark out there) but bucknor did not agree and later gave bad light was his excuse for getting the decision wrong. Found the game - It was the 2nd test between Ind Vs pak in 16-20 Mar 2005 From cricinfo "Rahul Dravid and Tendulkar had added 98 in 168 balls when Bucknor struck. Tendulkar was beaten by the late swing of a ball from Abdul Razzaq, and the daylight between bat and ball was visible from the press box, at the furthest and highest part of the ground. Bucknor, after his usual deliberation, lifted his finger. Tendulkar shook his head and walked off. India have been hard done by Bucknor before, but they were still in a strong position as the day ended." Got the video too but its not as bad as i remember. BZ9HeK-BWgQ Not walking off for bad light was the really bad decision.

Umpires arent great. DRS isnt great. Usage of DRS isnt great. I dont see a situation where everybody is happy. It can never happen. Players will never consistently walk. Some are genuinely unsure of their dismissal' date=' some trust umpire, some blatantly cheat. How do you manage all the scenarios that might crop up? Its mighty hard. Technology is good I think, but is handled badly by stupid captains (virtually ALL who have used it, have stuffed up many many times). What can be done? 3rd umpire intervening is an option, but that was implemented last season here in Oz domestic cricket, and it was such a farce that it was scrapped mid season. Hopeless situation.[/quote'] what was the issue with 3rd umpire intervention in Aus domestic cricket?

I think shockers like these should be corrected by the 3rd umpire automatically without DRS. They sometimes check noballs, can't they ****ing ask if he nicked it so blatantly? I have to change my opinion about walking. caught behind, bat pad catches are ok, but ball is nicked to a slip and you stand ground, it is as much as cheating as claiming a dropped catch like Ramadin. There is a line that needs to be drawn, make one example of and they will all start walking. Broad's cheating.

I think shockers like these should be corrected by the 3rd umpire automatically without DRS. They sometimes check noballs' date=' can't they ****ing ask if he nicked it so blatantly?[b'] I have to change my opinion about walking. caught behind, bat pad catches are ok, but ball is nicked to a slip and you stand ground, it is as much as cheating as claiming a dropped catch like Ramadin. There is a line that needs to be drawn, make one example of and they will all start walking. Broad's cheating.
Why is one OK but the other is cheating?