Hayden struggles to lose Twenty20 tempo

Matthew Hayden will aim to shed his Twenty20 batting outlook for the remainder of the one-day series in India. Hayden, who thrashed a tournament-high 265 runs in South Africa, struggled to adjust in the opening ODI in Bangalore on Saturday, scoring 34 before a rash shot to S Sreesanth. "I will look to take my time over the course of the next games, get my tempo right and get set into the game and look to kind of advance from there," Hayden said in The Australian. "I did feel my reins were well and truly tucked in close and I wasn't dealing well with the frustrations of the subcontinent where play seems to stop and start."

312995.jpg

Hayden called his innings "disjointed" and was surprised by the changes after the new experiences in South Africa. "If there wasn't a bloke stuffing around with the sightscreen or somebody wandering in front of it, or [Michael Clarke's] injury, it was just a really unusual tempo coming off Twenty20 cricket where the game is almost over by the 20-over mark," he said. "The whole night was like the Never Ending Story really, it was just phenomenally different to a Twenty20 comp." More battles loom between Hayden and Sreesanth over the series and the bowler said he had respect for the Australians "outside the ground, not inside". Sreesanth has dismissed Hayden twice in a row and is aiming for five wickets on his home ground in the second match on Tuesday. Hayden welcomed Sreesanth's attitude. "Aggression is part of the game, it's something we have been trying to preach to the world about," Hayden said in the Daily Telegraph. "I am glad to see other countries following Australia's lead and becoming more aggressive. If there is not aggression out in the middle, why are we playing the game?"

© Cricinfo

i just can't forget how he scored duing the 01 series.. good that hez not scoring much.. he is getting starts.. i just hope he doesn't score.. once he getz going he can be the best batsman against our Indian bowling attack..
India seems to have other plans with Haddin, the midget. He seems to be the next product from India's "hero-making" factory.