India A tour of South Africa, 2013

It does not matter which batsman are sent, group of six young fast bowlers need to be sent there to get a feel for those wickets. Who ever does well need to be short listed.
This. Those pitches are such that bowlers can do anything there if they can hit right areas and Philander has proved that despite limited ability by doing simple things right.
This. Those pitches are such that bowlers can do anything there if they can hit right areas and Philander has proved that despite limited ability by doing simple things right.
You need to just do basics right and be patient, Last time when we went there if Yadav who was with team was playing instead of Ishant we might have won that series. Who in hell selected that trundler Jaydev Unadkat instead of Yadav to play first test.
You need to just do basics right and be patient, Last time when we went there if Yadav who was with team was playing instead of Ishant we might have won that series. Who in hell selected that trundler Jaydev Unadkat instead of Yadav to play first test.
I am not sure Yadav was really ready ti play test cricket then. Ishant was all over the place and Sreesanth and Zak lacked stamina.

Dhawan, Kohli, Vijay, Rahane, Pujara, Tiwary, Rayadu - must be on that tour Jaddu and Ojha should be sent as well - to figure out who suits better as 2nd spinner. Also I know A-tour is for upcoming batsmen/bowlers but wont be bad idea to send guys like Gambhir or Sehwag to see if they can regain their form and all the more better sign if they do well in SA condition during A tour.

My selection would include Rayudu as he is very talented and seriously deserves a break Irfan as he can be a genuine all rounder on those surfaces will be very good also in form Pankaj Kaul Shami is a talented bowler and ready for tests Bist not been tested but deserves a break Rasool Jalaj Saxena and the younger players from present team

My selection would include Rayudu as he is very talented and seriously deserves a break Irfan as he can be a genuine all rounder on those surfaces will be very good also in form Pankaj Kaul Shami is a talented bowler and ready for tests Bist not been tested but deserves a break Rasool Jalaj Saxena and the younger players from present team
pankaj will definitely not go. mohit sharma will probably be there
While Cheeka has his share of moronic selections in the 15/16 member squad' date=' selectors dont select playing 11. That genius stroke of playing Unadkat was apnaa MSD + Kirsten :banghead: [/size']
but if Cheeka had not selected him in the first place, Dhobi and Kirsten wouldnt have chance to pick him. its a team responsibility but Cheeka is a real moron. This fool thinks Jadeja will play a undred tests. Yes you heard it right. THIS MAN WAS OUR CHIEF SELECTOR AND NOT JIMMY AMARNATH :wall:

Ironical that the OP who is giving so much importance to A tours is now suddenly bagging giving Unadkat a test debut even though he had taken 13 wickets in a FC match on his first A tour and was the best bowler on A tour to Eng a few months before that SA series. Hindsight as they say is always 20/20.

SELECTORS ARE IDIOTS AS WOULD A GOOD SELECTOR PICK A PLAYER WHO IS OUT OF FORM AND STRUGGLING BADLY WITH TECHNIQUE, THIS BUMBLING IDIOT CHEEKA SELECTED, PK, MITHUN, RP , Unadkat when their action and bowling was so out of sync and needed remedial work, Indian selectors and coaches and BCCI in general are idiots and don't know about picking fast bowlers or grooming them.

^ I disagree. A-tour for Pujara and Kohli will be useful for SA prep.
Well said. This will be a great opportunity for people like Pujara and Kohli to get a feel of conditions in SA. Ashwin also will relish the opportunity of bowling on those wickets. It will help him to decided on lengths to bowl etc... I will prefer a few bowlers like Sid Kaul, Sandeep Sharma, Jiwanjot Singh etc.. too.
Do you have any videos of Mohit Sharma? What is your opinion on him?
This is what Ian Pont who coached him in Haryana said about Mohit Sharma.
He's around 6 feet tall, strong (athlete), and has a brilliant mindset. His action is really solid and repeatable, very controlled and compact. I don't think he will ever be a 150 kph bowler, as he is not that sort of bowler, but he is much more like a quicker version of Jimmy Anderson with a far better action.
Sreesanth was neutered by Kaptaan Kool.
What happened in England then, neutered there too? He always lacked stamina, remember WC final. He will steam in for a few 4-5 overs and then will find it tough to maintain and if he would try to maintain the intensity, will lose control.
What happened in England then' date=' neutered there too? He always lacked stamina, remember WC final. He will steam in for a few 4-5 overs and then will find it tough to maintain and if he would try to maintain the intensity, will lose control.[/quote'] I am not talking about Sreesanth's performance in general. But the Cape Town match in particular - he went completely off the boil after Kaptaan Kool publicly rebuked him. No need to throw red herrings about England.