Best sedan in India under 10 lakhs?

Bublu Bhuyan

I think it starts at around 10L going upto 14L' date=' but yeah its beautiful to ride.[/quote'] What you guys talking about! The toyota corolla is the most boring sedan ever. I would never ever ever buy that. No fun at all. Good car if you want to be driven around tho. But absolutely sleep inducing to drive. Sheeee.

It was crazy here when they had launched the Duster last year' date=' the Renault India Dealerships couldnt handle the no of pre bookings :P The Duster changed the fortunes of the French car makers, but in reality it is a massively over-rated car and now massively over priced too. I remember they had launched the base variant at 7.19 ex-Delhi, after a year and three price hikes, it starts at around 10.5 I guess. :D[/quote'] It's crap. The ertiga is much much better. Nothing touches the innova, but its 50% more expensive:cantstop: Ridiculous pricing from toyota. Maruti zindabad. :two_thumbs_up:

Just my personal view – It is always good to buy the higher end of lower category car than the lower end of a higher category car. If I had 10 lakhs and wanted to buy a car, I would go out and get the best hatchback there is and load it with all the best options, than go in for the entry level Sedan with the basic package. Plus, I really do not see the value of having a sedan over a hatch-back India. For starters, Sedans are bigger, which them even harder to navigate thru the impossibly strenuous the Indian traffic. You do lose out in terms of boot space, but us Indians are not the 'traveling type' anyways. Our infrastructure does not allow us to go on multi-hour road-trips. Most of our travel using cars is inter-city.
It all depends on what you want bro. But your point makes sense. Getting stuff done from the manufacturer is no stress and well integrated. But it might not be the best. For example, I can get a lower version of the swift and put in bose speakers, that are faaaaaaaar better than the one that the company provides. But then the top end version can provide me with airbags and ABS which the lower end doesnt provide and i cant get them added externally. Sedans are generally more powerful than their hatchback counterparts. So if you want more POWERRRRRR then sedans are the way to go.

Broooooooooooooo. I'm your man for cars!!:--D First tell me. What do you want in the car? How much are you going to use it? (petrol or diesel). I'm guessing petrol. What do you want.. a soft suspension that absorbs all the bumps and has a good low speed ride or a lil stuffer one thats better for higher speeds and curves? No, you cant have both. Not in

Broooooooooooooo. I'm your man for cars!!:--D First tell me. What do you want in the car? How much are you going to use it? (petrol or diesel). I'm guessing petrol. What do you want.. a soft suspension that absorbs all the bumps and has a good low speed ride or a lil stuffer one thats better for higher speeds and curves? No, you cant have both. Not in <10L. So, if you look at the verna.. its good tech wise.. good system and dashboard and bluetooth and all that jazz. But the feeeeeeeeel of driving the car is crap. The suspension is so friggin bouncy its almost dangerous. Some people love the fluidic design, I hate it. Compare that to the VW vento, and it has crisp clean straight lines.. a dash that looks plain and simple but full of soft touch materials. A car thats not flashy at all, but with a brilliant suspension. There's no one size fits all here.. you decide on what factors are more important to you, and you can get a car to your tastes. I love the BMW's hard steering, but some people just cancel the BMW coz the steering is too hard. So it's all your tastes. Some people will only buy german cars, for the feel they give of being heavy and planted, as compared to the japs which feel like they're made from a coke can. On the other hand, some will only buy japs coz of their bulletproof reliability. So if you can give us some more insight on what you like and what you dont, what matters to you and what doesnt, we can give you a better idea of what car would bring the biggest smile on your face.
What's your opinion on the 2013 Fiat Linea T-Jet series?

What's your opinion on the 2013 Fiat Linea T-Jet series?
MY opinion? I'd never buy it. Granted it looks good. But I'd not touch it with a 6 foot pole. Fiat has just 2 models in India.. that too brother sister.. punto and linea. The parts are hard to come by, it is towards its end of life, and fiat isnt close to reliable. I wouldnt recommend it from a practical perspective.

MY opinion? I'd never buy it. Granted it looks good. But I'd not touch it with a 6 foot pole. Fiat has just 2 models in India.. that too brother sister.. punto and linea. The parts are hard to come by, it is towards its end of life, and fiat isnt close to reliable. I wouldnt recommend it from a practical perspective.
That's the reason I'm skeptical towards it. Otherwise it's a wonderful car. What about Maruti SX4?

Some people will only buy german cars' date=' for the feel they give of being heavy and planted, as compared to the japs which [b']feel like they're made from a coke can. On the other hand, some will only buy japs coz of their bulletproof reliability.
Those are korean cars :winky:

That's the reason I'm skeptical towards it. Otherwise it's a wonderful car. What about Maruti SX4?
Its not really a wonderful car. Positives Looks Suspension ground clearance Negatives Power gearbox reliability service network. fuel efficiency OK - brand, ac, interior (I'm not a fan). SX4 is a good car, but again end of life. It's gonna be outdated in less than a year. Imagine someone asking you how many years old your car is 6 months down the line. But it's reliable, spacious, reasonably powerful, etc. But old dude, you cant be dropping 10 lacs on that in 2013.

Surprisingly NO. The sheet metal in the i20 is far better than the sheet metal in the civic. Seriously, I was blown away too.
True that it looks better. The i20 is tough, but the civic's body looks a bit weak. BUT, the sheet metal in civic is designed to absorb impacts. It has reinforced steel on right places. But not in i20. It might look awkward, but Honda is much more safer than i20 despite less metal. It would be clear if you remove the outer finishing and look into the inner body. Just a knowledge from my mechanic friend. :D

True that it looks better. The i20 is tough, but the civic's body looks a bit weak. BUT, the sheet metal in civic is designed to absorb impacts. It has reinforced steel on right places. But not in i20. It might look awkward, but Honda is much more safer than i20 despite less metal. It would be clear if you remove the outer finishing and look into the inner body. Just a knowledge from my mechanic friend. :D
Bro, we're comparing i20 and civic here, not ambassador and civic. Both these cars are designed to absorb impacts with multiple crumple zones. The honda is NOT safer than the i20. Dont take my word for it. Euro NCAP safety ratings are below Adult occupant safety score - civic = 79% Adult occupant safety score - i20 = 88% Child occupant safety score - civic =76% Child occupant safety score - i20 = 83% See the links for more info http://www.euroncap.com/results/hyundai/i20/359.aspx http://www.euroncap.com/results/honda/civic/2009/356.aspx

Broooooooooooooo. I'm your man for cars!!:--D First tell me. What do you want in the car? How much are you going to use it? (petrol or diesel). I'm guessing petrol. What do you want.. a soft suspension that absorbs all the bumps and has a good low speed ride or a lil stuffer one thats better for higher speeds and curves? No, you cant have both. Not in good that someone else likes Vento :nice:

Bro, we're comparing i20 and civic here, not ambassador and civic. Both these cars are designed to absorb impacts with multiple crumple zones. The honda is NOT safer than the i20. Dont take my word for it. Euro NCAP safety ratings are below Adult occupant safety score - civic = 79% Adult occupant safety score - i20 = 88% Child occupant safety score - civic =76% Child occupant safety score - i20 = 83% See the links for more info http://www.euroncap.com/results/hyundai/i20/359.aspx http://www.euroncap.com/results/honda/civic/2009/356.aspx
that's right hand drive civic. Here's the results for left hand drive civic. Adult occupant safety score = 94% Child occupant safety score = 83% http://www.euroncap.com/results/honda/civic/2012/475.aspx The case is totally different for the hyundai cars assembled in India.