Sreesanth - Officially a fast bowler.

gator

Officially, Sreesanth is a genuine fast bowler now. On slow, low indian pitches, in the last 2 odis, he has easily gotten the better of the aussie quickies.... he is consistently bowling over 90 mph and timed his best at 93mph... on the other hand, the supposedly quick Bread Lee is being taken to the cleaners even by an out of form faltering indian line-up, while Sree-sonic is buying wickets faster than Paakis are buying rusted weapons in the black-market... u go BOYYYYY....

Officially, Sreesanth is a genuine fast bowler now. On slow, low indian pitches, in the last 2 odis, he has easily gotten the better of the aussie quickies.... he is consistently bowling over 90 mph and timed his best at 93mph... on the other hand, the supposedly quick Bread Lee is being taken to the cleaners even by an out of form faltering indian line-up, while Sree-sonic is buying wickets faster than Paakis are buying rusted weapons in the black-market... u go BOYYYYY....
Sure as long he keeps bleeding runs and his stupid mannerisms and his numerous bowling actions..........he looks like a lost kid out there.....I feel sorry for him........he needs counseling.
Sure as long he keeps bleeding runs and his stupid mannerisms and his numerous bowling actions..........he looks like a lost kid out there.....I feel sorry for him........he needs counseling.
ok.... why dont u take ur subservient azz and replace him with a 70 mph joginder sharma who bows his head in shame every time he gets a dot ball....
ok.... why dont u take ur subservient azz and replace him with a 70 mph joginder sharma who bows his head in shame every time he gets a dot ball....
Dennis Lillee was an aggressive bowler, but he bowled line and length, did not give away runs everytime he bowled and took wickets.....Sreeesanth is a lost kid who does not what to do and tries too many things and then acts like a buffoon. You dont need to act on the other extreme (i.e. docile) to be a good bowler. And if you think the Aussies are perturbed by his tantrums...think again, they are too professional to be agitated by this $hit called Santha. Sreesanth should learn from Zaheer.
Dennis Lillee was an aggressive bowler, but he bowled line and length, did not give away runs everytime he bowled and took wickets.....Sreeesanth is a lost kid who does not what to do and tries too many things and then acts like a buffoon. You need to act on the other extreme (i.e. docile) to be a good bowler. And if you think the Aussies are perturbed by his tantrums...think again, they are too professional to be agitated by this called Santha. Sreesanth should learn from Zaheer.
ok, let me try to clear the cobwebs for u..... Dennis Lillee was one of the worst behaved bowlers in the world..... he once overdid with Miandad who had to raise his bat and Lillee responded with a stump or something like tht.... Sreesonic never went tht cheap.... Secondly, the only time Zak won us a test match on his own, he was so agressive because of Jelly beans and even waved his bat at the scared Pommies... Thirdly, Sreesonic has the aussies' number.... if u think, they are professional and not disturbed, why dont u look at his performnce against them in the last 3 games.... they look like a nervous bunch against them... he gave 12 runs in 4 overs in 20-20 in a semi-final, remember??? pull out his other performances and compare with his peers now... they are peeing in their pants at another 90+mph bowler who is on their face all the time.... they are trying to act all civilised and dandy now, when they are scared.... if u wanna see when the opposition is decent, how these cons act, look for Slaters videos, etc from the past...

Oh Gator, Gator, Gator "Dennis Lillee was one of the worst behaved bowlers in the world..... he once overdid with Miandad who had to raise his bat and Lillee responded with a stump or something like tht.... Sreesonic never went tht cheap...." A good starting point would be to get your facts straight. "peeing in their pants" ?? "Sreesonic has the aussies' number" ? " they look like a nervous bunch" ?? Sree is going for over 6 r.p.o. and India has only taken 13 wickets in 100 overs so far. It matters little he's taken 6 wickets as it's had no bearing on Australia's 7/307 & 6/306.

Gator and facts don't go very well together, particularly when Australian cricketers are concerned. After all, all the Aussies are nasty, foul mouthed, ill mannered boors who only are separated from the apes by one genetic link and if you can't see that, your eyes aren't shut firmly enough.

Sreesanth is a refreshing change for Indian pace bowling. But in the Cochin ODI he looked more like the confused kid who bowled in England than the aggresive fast bowler who did so well in the T20 cup. Sree is a good learner though, and with Dhoni as the skipper I expect him do well in this series.

Oh Gator, Gator, Gator "Dennis Lillee was one of the worst behaved bowlers in the world..... he once overdid with Miandad who had to raise his bat and Lillee responded with a stump or something like tht.... Sreesonic never went tht cheap...." A good starting point would be to get your facts straight. "peeing in their pants" ?? "Sreesonic has the aussies' number" ? " they look like a nervous bunch" ?? Sree is going for over 6 r.p.o. and India has only taken 13 wickets in 100 overs so far. It matters little he's taken 6 wickets as it's had no bearing on Australia's 7/307 & 6/306.
Don't mind Donny, folks. He doesn't support any team, really. He's just upholding what's right and fair. Oh BTW, Sree owns the Aussies- has done so right from the 20-20s.

i think he is just what the doctor ordered, but he might be undoing himself if he is unable to channel the aggression. i.e. give the batsman an earful, made certain over judgemental observations about this wife and his mother, but at the same time understand that the tried tested and true method to dismiss a batsman is three outswingers with the coupe de grace an inswinger at decent pace... not a yorker every ball which can be easily dispatched if the lenght is even marginally short. i saw the second ODI and there was this one instance when during the second power play, fine leg was removed and for five overs between hopes and stuart clarke not one ball slipped down that side. sreesanth needs to understand that since he often strives for yorkers that are full pitched delieveries on the leg which are fodder for every batsmen from haydunce to gali cricketer from saharanpur. anger + deception -> opposition proper f*cked.

Dennis Lillee was one of the worst behaved bowlers in the world..... he once overdid with Miandad who had to raise his bat and Lillee responded with a stump or something like tht.... Sreesonic never went tht cheap....
Just a little correction. Lillee kicked Miandad's butt (yup literally) while Miandad had turned and was walking away after getting out. Miandad reacted with raising his bat and trying to take on Lillee. Fortunately enough it didn't turn into punch ups. Lillee was a nut head to be honest. You can get as aggressive as you want but you should understand cricket is a non contact sport but Lillee over stepped in that instance.

Well, almost right, Ravi. :regular_smile: Miandad set off for an easy single, collided with Lillee, mid pitch, and pushed him out of the way. Lillee reacted by aiming a half hearted kick at Miandad which connected with the side of his leg - on or just above his pad. Miandad's response is clearly shown in the accompanying pic. One of the funniest things I've ever seen in cricket. post-37428-1105989503.jpg ... and no, before any of you set the hounds of indignation on me, I didn't/don't condone such behaviour. :regular_smile:

Heh, Ravi, do you think anyone on here would ever call Miandad anything near a saint*? :D Particularly remember his antics during the 92 World Cup during the game with India where he started jumping up and down and screeching like a monkey, apparently taking the piss out of More's own appeals. Would love to see some of the Mianded/DKL contests though - two real competitors who held nothing back and gave every situation their all... *with the exception of manali, who I hear is still not looking at surgery options to separate his head from his arse

ok, let me try to clear the cobwebs for u..... Dennis Lillee was one of the worst behaved bowlers in the world..... he once overdid with Miandad who had to raise his bat and Lillee responded with a stump or something like tht.... Sreesonic never went tht cheap.... ...
Hey nutcase..............Sreesanth has just started his career.......if he is this inconsistent he is not going to be in the team just for his aggressiveness....and for some strange reason if he continues to get picked GOD knows what stunt he will pull 10 years from now if he is acting like a buffoon now.......Dennis Lillee backed up his histrionics with consistent performances even early in his career.....which this Santa is unable to do..... I am not against aggressive or even stupid behavior on the pitch, but please back with solid performance consistent performance.........don't talk smack just for the sake of it.............that just makes him look like a buffoon.....like the run out appeal.

g@ndaroy, he is in the team not for his aggressiveness alone, because he is also picking up the wickets. yes, he is expensive. you have only 3 choices in the indian team now: - not expensive, not many wickets - zaheer, irfan, powar - expensive, no wickets - joginder, harby - expensive, wickets - sreesanth, agarkar RPS is the only guy who has been inexpensive and has picked up wickets in the past, but he was a no-show the first ODI.

Gator and facts don't go very well together, particularly when Australian cricketers are concerned. After all, all the Aussies are nasty, foul mouthed, ill mannered boors who only are separated from the apes by one genetic link and if you can't see that, your eyes aren't shut firmly enough.
let me rephrase ur first sentence to make it more accurate, Salil.... Gator and his facts on Australian cricketers dont go well with Salil - the aussie lover....