Sreesanth - Officially a fast bowler.

gator

Oh Gator, Gator, Gator "Dennis Lillee was one of the worst behaved bowlers in the world..... he once overdid with Miandad who had to raise his bat and Lillee responded with a stump or something like tht.... Sreesonic never went tht cheap...." A good starting point would be to get your facts straight. "peeing in their pants" ?? "Sreesonic has the aussies' number" ? " they look like a nervous bunch" ?? Sree is going for over 6 r.p.o. and India has only taken 13 wickets in 100 overs so far. It matters little he's taken 6 wickets as it's had no bearing on Australia's 7/307 & 6/306.
Donny Donny Donny.... it makes a rat's behind of a difference to me what exactly Lillee did as long as i remember it was something disgraceful.... secondly, u r pretty sly.... when sreesonic won a match in 20/20 with his economy u fail to mention it... in 50/50 he is taking wickets by the buckets and u wanna look at only economy.... good going there, pal.... lets hear what ur super-fast Bread Lee did in this series....
Oh Gator, Gator, Gator "Dennis Lillee was one of the worst behaved bowlers in the world..... he once overdid with Miandad who had to raise his bat and Lillee responded with a stump or something like tht.... Sreesonic never went tht cheap...." A good starting point would be to get your facts straight. "peeing in their pants" ?? "Sreesonic has the aussies' number" ? " they look like a nervous bunch" ?? Sree is going for over 6 r.p.o. and India has only taken 13 wickets in 100 overs so far. It matters little he's taken 6 wickets as it's had no bearing on Australia's 7/307 & 6/306.
What facts are we on about here Donny?? Dennis Lillee is easily one of the WORST behaved cricketer the world has seen. Sreesanth can not even hold a candle in this to him. Lets me pick a few of his "acts" on field: 1) Got drunk and misbehaved with Queen when introduced. G'day Queen or something like that he said when introduced, did he not? The last I read Aussies players have always been head over heels when meeting the Queen(or Royal Family). Heck please tell me whats the status of British Royalty in Australia for chrissake. 2) Took out a stump, swung it at Miandad, then got promptly shoved a bat in the face and got dropped for 2 next games, by Australian cricket board mind you. What has Sreesanth done that comes close? 3) Brought in Aluminium bat and stopped play. yada yada yada. So no Dennis Lillee is much much worse than Sreesanth in behaviour. Granted he was a great bowler but does his jacka$$ behaviour cover for that? As for his stats be prudent to remember Lillee played in an era where a score of 200 in 50 overs was considered good. Pick a list of most economical bowlers in LOI and I bet 90%, even 100% shall belong to era before 1990. xxx

So far i like what i see in Sreesanth. However IMO we are reading too much into his aggressive mannerisms. I'd like to see him do more before he deserves an unconditional backing & support he gets from us fans. So far, he has just bowled well in one test series. If he does something noteworthy in the upcoming series vs Pak & Aus, he would deserve all the credit and accolades he gets in this board.

Hey nutcase..............Sreesanth has just started his career.......if he is this inconsistent he is not going to be in the team just for his aggressiveness....and for some strange reason if he continues to get picked GOD knows what stunt he will pull 10 years from now if he is acting like a buffoon now.......Dennis Lillee backed up his histrionics with consistent performances even early in his career.....which this Santa is unable to do.....
who is the best performer in this series, so far... in bowling??? so who decides tht the histronics by Lillee are acceptable and the ones by Sreesonic are not....
Gator and facts don't go very well together, particularly when Australian cricketers are concerned. After all, all the Aussies are nasty, foul mouthed, ill mannered boors who only are separated from the apes by one genetic link and if you can't see that, your eyes aren't shut firmly enough.
instead of feeling so offended, why dont u comment on his consistent speed levels of over 90 mph with good outswing and wickets-wise, the most impressive from both teams....

Gats , i can understand you being overjoyed at Sreesanth's pace, but please dont call him the best bowler based on the fact that he took 6 wickets. 3/55 and 3/67 are NOT good figures. His bowling hasnt helped our team to restrict the Aussies one bit , so whats the point ?

Gats ' date=' i can understand you being overjoyed at Sreesanth's pace, but please dont call him the best bowler based on the fact that he took 6 wickets. 3/55 and 3/67 are NOT good figures. His bowling hasnt helped our team to restrict the Aussies one bit , so whats the point ?[/quote'] Sriram, Like you I would also like to see Sree concede less runs but lets be clear on one thing. Sreesanth is NOT the only fast bowler who goes for runs. Lets take the example of Breet Lee. If you compare his stats with Sree, at the same stage of their career, Sree has conceded 5.7 runs an over while Lee has done about 4.8 plus. So a grand difference of 1 run an over. Not to mention Lee's stat of same games as Sree is in 1999 and cricket has come a long way. Lee did not gather much attention cos Mcgrath, Warne and others chugged along. If Sree doesnt get that kind of support it is certainly not his fault. xxx

Folks, picking up Aussie wickets in any form is great. But lets not get carried away with Hayden getting bowled thru the gate or Symmo heaving one straight up, trying to slog Sree over long on. Test cricket is where i would rate his bowling on. Lets wait till a couple of more series.

Sriram, Like you I would also like to see Sree concede less runs but lets be clear on one thing. Sreesanth is NOT the only fast bowler who goes for runs. Lets take the example of Breet Lee. If you compare his stats with Sree, at the same stage of their career, Sree has conceded 5.7 runs an over while Lee has done about 4.8 plus. So a grand difference of 1 run an over. Not to mention Lee's stat of same games as Sree is in 1999 and cricket has come a long way. Lee did not gather much attention cos Mcgrath, Warne and others chugged along. If Sree doesnt get that kind of support it is certainly not his fault. xxx
Lukrs , i agree with what you have to say mostly , but for me , the most important thing is - How much does Sreesanth's bowling contribute to an Indian victory ? As far as i can remember , the last time he played a MAJOR role in an Indian victory was in the 20/20 semis against aus and against South Africa last year.He has to do more for me.
Lukrs ' date=' i agree with what you have to say mostly , but for me , the most important thing is - How much does Sreesanth's bowling contribute to an Indian victory ? As far as i can remember , the last time he played a MAJOR role in an Indian victory was in the 20/20 semis against aus and against South Africa last year.He has to do more for me.[/quote'] Fair enough I say. But that beggars another question - Which Indian bowler has contributed towards India's win in LOI recently anyway? Frankly my mind draws a blank :confused_smile:
Fair enough I say. But that beggars another question - Which Indian bowler has contributed towards India's win in LOI recently anyway? Frankly my mind draws a blank :confused_smile:
Zaheer Khan - 19 wickets at an Ave of 18 against Eng in that test series RP Singh - 12 wickets at an average of 14 in the 20/20 cup.
What facts are we on about here Donny?? Dennis Lillee is easily one of the WORST behaved cricketer the world has seen. Sreesanth can not even hold a candle in this to him. Lets me pick a few of his "acts" on field: 1) Got drunk and misbehaved with Queen when introduced. G'day Queen or something like that he said when introduced, did he not? The last I read Aussies players have always been head over heels when meeting the Queen(or Royal Family). Heck please tell me whats the status of British Royalty in Australia for chrissake. 2) Took out a stump, swung it at Miandad, then got promptly shoved a bat in the face and got dropped for 2 next games, by Australian cricket board mind you. What has Sreesanth done that comes close? 3) Brought in Aluminium bat and stopped play. yada yada yada. So no Dennis Lillee is much much worse than Sreesanth in behaviour. Granted he was a great bowler but does his jacka$$ behaviour cover for that? As for his stats be prudent to remember Lillee played in an era where a score of 200 in 50 overs was considered good. Pick a list of most economical bowlers in LOI and I bet 90%, even 100% shall belong to era before 1990. xxx
Top post Lurker. Dennis Silly was no saint either.
Zaheer Khan - 19 wickets at an Ave of 18 against Eng in that test series RP Singh - 12 wickets at an average of 14 in the 20/20 cup.
Not to disagree for the heck of disagreeing Sriram but I was always sceptical with respect to the wins in England. England is quite frankly one of the worst LOI teams and hence the true test shall be against teams like Australia, South Africa and Sri Lanka in LOI. Of course I am quite proud of the way Zaheer and RP performed in those games against England. May India see more success like those. :two_thumbs_up:
Top post Lurker. Dennis Silly was no saint either.
Thanks KR. By the way the greatest irony of this thread perhaps is that Sreesanth owes much of his aggression to Dennis Lillee :haha::haha: If you read the account of his(Sree) father or even Sree you will hear how Sree was picked by Lillee at MRF Pace foundation and he developed his skills under him. No wonder Sree considered Lillee as his idol.
"Even though Dennis Lillee is my idol, I want to be like Donald.
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/rsavind/content/current/story/272997.html Seems like he really learnt from his idol. Okay so what are we discussing here again? :hysterical::hysterical:

I love Sree. Got ridiculed after he got Symonda out and when nuts celbrating. People said look at the score board and how symonds had smashed it every were. What silly celebration I loved it. Why? Cos it shows he was giving it 110% no matter what the situation. He was just runinng in every ball desperate for a wicket. Got one and when nuts. He is up for it no matter what has happened previous. Pumped for every single ball he bowls. Love him

g@ndaroy, he is in the team not for his aggressiveness alone, because he is also picking up the wickets. yes, he is expensive. you have only 3 choices in the indian team now: - not expensive, not many wickets - zaheer, irfan, powar - expensive, no wickets - joginder, harby - expensive, wickets - sreesanth, agarkar RPS is the only guy who has been inexpensive and has picked up wickets in the past, but he was a no-show the first ODI.
Poor thing...........we are stuck with Santa aren't we?? And if I am g@ndaroy, you are wrinkle-penis Yoda.....how do you like them apples?? BTW, your face is disgusting...........all wrinkly........... just like your penis!! :haha: