Ashok Dinda weds cricket-loving fiancee

namasteji1

Indian cricketer Ashok Dinda married his sweetheart, Sreyasi Rudra on Monday at Chinsurah in the Hooghly district. The reception will be at a Kolkata club on July 24. Dinda met Sreyasi at a friend's residence four years ago. But he admitted that they didn't hit it off straightaway. "We met again after a few years at a party and I liked her, but we did not exchange numbers. After our third meeting, I took her number from a friend and we kept in touch. She is the most sober girl I've ever met. I made her meet my mom one and half years ago. I gave her hints about my feelings then, but she brushed me off. I kept pursuing her till she gave in," Dinda told a newspaper. Sreyasi is a software engineer by profession and the couple took the decision to tie the knot during this year's IPL. A July date was fixed since that's a lean season for cricket. "Later, I would get busy with matches, so this was the best time," said the fast bowler from Bengal. Unlike many wives of cricket stars, Sreyasi comes from a family of cricket enthusiasts. "So, I had no option but to love cricket. Even my 86-year-old grandmother is mad about cricket," she said. Dinda has played 13 ODIs and nine T20 internationals for India. He is yet to play a Test match and the 29-year old currently represents Pune Warriors in the Indian Premier League, having earlier played for Kolkata Knight Riders and Delhi Daredevils.
http://sports.ndtv.com/cricket/news/211246-indian-cricketer-ashok-dinda-weds-cricket-loving-fiancee 1009797_480859335324328_1484557876_n.jpg