Rudi Koertzen branded Pakistani team "Cheats" in a call to Darell Hair

Don

The ICC's barrister, Michael Beloff QC, told the third day of the hearing that much of Hair's evidence was irrelevant to the case. Earlier, Hair had described a phone call in which Rudi Koertzen, the South African umpire, had referred to the Pakistan team as cheats. "It is sheer mudslinging," Beloff said. "What you were hoping to do was cause the ICC maximum embarrassment and cajole them into making some sort of offer to you." Wow even the umpires know :giggle: :haha::haha:

Guest dada_rocks

Everybody knows they have been doing it consistently.. Can't fault them though, they are raised in the setup where those things are game

lets take a step back and examine this: what does rudi ALLEGEDLY calling pakistan cheats have any influence on this case which is examining if hair was punished unreasonably? lets get this straight. its pakistan and that is why we are supporting hair. had this been sri lanka or zimbabwe two teams we are more sympathetic towards, we would be calling hair the cheat. and again, what does rudi calling them cheats have anything to do with the unjustified accusation that mo asif was tampering with the ball, when forensic evidence suggested otherwise? and one more thing. can we actually prove any instance of pakistan cheating in the past decade? except for the afridi pitch tampering thing, and akhtar and asif' drug escapades (which will always remain a mystery since even the court of sports arbitration in geneova said that it cannot rule on the case as it did not have jurisdiction over PCB).

The following testimony by Hair may cause some raised eyebrows in Lahore: "On the morning of March 18, 2007, I was in my car when I heard a news flash that Ireland had defeated Pakistan, the result of which was that Pakistan could not qualify for the next round of the World Cup," Hair said. "Just after, I answered a call on my phone from Doug Cowie. He said: 'Good news about Pakistan being knocked out. That must make your Irish blood proud.' I was not expecting such a call but I decided to add some levity by saying 'Yes, I'm sure that would make my great, great grandparents happy.' "Mr Cowie handed the phone to Rudi Koertzen. After exchanging pleasantries, Mr Koertzen said, 'That's great news, those cheats can now go home.' I answered that I was not necessarily happy one way or the other. I was anxious not to extend the conversation as I was driving and it is illegal to do so while talking on a mobile phone. I ended the conversation by asking Mr Koertzen if he happened to see Trent Johnston, the Ireland captain, would he please give him my congratulations." Hmmm. I think that, on legal grounds, that is all I am allowed to say. Hmmm, I say again.

Guest dada_rocks
lets take a step back and examine this: what does rudi ALLEGEDLY calling pakistan cheats have any influence on this case which is examining if hair was punished unreasonably? lets get this straight. its pakistan and that is why we are supporting hair. had this been sri lanka or zimbabwe two teams we are more sympathetic towards, we would be calling hair the cheat. and again, what does rudi calling them cheats have anything to do with the unjustified accusation that mo asif was tampering with the ball, when forensic evidence suggested otherwise? and one more thing. can we actually prove any instance of pakistan cheating in the past decade? except for the afridi pitch tampering thing, and akhtar and asif' drug escapades (which will always remain a mystery since even the court of sports arbitration in geneova said that it cannot rule on the case as it did not have jurisdiction over PCB).
Sounds like Parvez Musharraf's media manager's words to me .. Wiggling out of of punsihment by fixing constitution doesn't shout saint .. Justice is a joke on that side of the border for instance AS we speak their supreme court has given go ahead for a single term parliament to elect president for two terms.. Even someone with democracy 101 wud tell it;s just plain wrong but it works on that side of the border.. So let us not get into the nitty gritty of did they get punished by their courts or not..
Sounds like Parvez Musharraf's media manager's words to me .. Wiggling out of of punsihment by fixing constitution doesn't shout saint .. Justice is a joke on that side of the border for instance AS we speak their supreme court has given go ahead for a single term parliament to elect president for two terms.. Even someone with democracy 101 wud tell it;s just plain wrong but it works on that side of the border.. So let us not get into the nitty gritty of did they get punished by their courts or not..
i am not defending pakistani players. infact i have little respect for the likes of waqar imran and wasim who periodically blurred the line of sportsman spirit with their antics: claiming catches after they bounced, runs from balls purposefully deflected by batsmen while running between the wickets, claiming runnouts without actually making contact with the ball, ball tampering and more matchfixing that you can i can count. but i dont appreciate is darrel hair firing from the hip with just about anything he can come up with which has almost little to no connection with his case. i say that the next time mo asif and akhtar are found guilty of juicing, they ought to be banned, preferably for life for they would be repeat offendors, but really, can we use the words of people who themselves are responsible of considerable cheating: accusing rahul dravid and tendulkar of ball tampering; of providing an objective observation on the nature and conduct of our neighbors?
Guest Hiten.
The following testimony by Hair may cause some raised eyebrows in Lahore: "On the morning of March 18, 2007, I was in my car when I heard a news flash that Ireland had defeated Pakistan, the result of which was that Pakistan could not qualify for the next round of the World Cup," Hair said. "Just after, I answered a call on my phone from Doug Cowie. He said: 'Good news about Pakistan being knocked out. That must make your Irish blood proud.' I was not expecting such a call but I decided to add some levity by saying 'Yes, I'm sure that would make my great, great grandparents happy.' "Mr Cowie handed the phone to Rudi Koertzen. After exchanging pleasantries, Mr Koertzen said, 'That's great news, those cheats can now go home.' I answered that I was not necessarily happy one way or the other. I was anxious not to extend the conversation as I was driving and it is illegal to do so while talking on a mobile phone. I ended the conversation by asking Mr Koertzen if he happened to see Trent Johnston, the Ireland captain, would he please give him my congratulations." Hmmm. I think that, on legal grounds, that is all I am allowed to say. Hmmm, I say again.
WHoa!! WHoa!!! :cantstop::two_thumbs_up: