How fast was David Johnson?

My guess he would been around 135 kph but definitely not >140. The thing I hate about 90s is that even though we had bowlers with good Physique, Height, Broad shoulders like Abhey K, Prasad,Thiru Kumaran their bowling was slower than Mohinder Amarnath ! Infact pint size Chetan Sharma was faster than these whole lot of phasst bowlers of 90s.

I have faced Robin, L Balaji, Murali and David Johnson in the nets. Balaji was much more tougher and scary to face than David ever was. David was maybe slightly faster but hardly any seam or bounce that will surprise you as a batsman. I have also faced cuffy and rose in the US leagues, even though they were old they were frickin scary to face.

I have faced Robin, L Balaji, Murali and David Johnson in the nets. Balaji was much more tougher and scary to face than David ever was. David was maybe slightly faster but hardly any seam or bounce that will surprise you as a batsman. I have also faced cuffy and rose in the US leagues, even though they were old they were frickin scary to face.
i was being sarcastic when i said he was scary..check out my estimate of his pace...:giggle:. But i think L Balaji in his younger days was pretty quick 135-140 that is very quick in real life. international cricketers are freaks that face 140+
Wow! That's impressive! Balaji was really quick around '03-'04 when he made his debut. For chindi cricketers like me, even facing someone who consistently bowls at 130+ means my struggling to put bat to ball. Are you still actively involved with the Philly Cricket League?
Wow! That's impressive! Balaji was really quick around '03-'04 when he made his debut. For chindi cricketers like me, even facing someone who consistently bowls at 130+ means my struggling to put bat to ball. Are you still actively involved with the Philly Cricket League?
really quick? He was barely 130-135K at that time through even that is pretty quick for normal club cricketers.
More like 135-140. And that is really quick for club level cricket' date=' where most bowling you face is around 120-125.[/quote'] Not really 135-140. He was mainly 130-135, few balls going over 135. I saw him straight from his first ODI game against WI in which he was barely clocking 125K. Wavel Hinds thrashed his lollypops allover the place. He was very innocuous.
Not really 135-140. He was mainly 130-135' date=' few balls going over 135. I saw him straight from his first ODI game against WI in which he was barely clocking 125K. Wavel Hinds thrashed his lollypops allover the place. He was very innocuous.[/quote'] Chalo, even 130-135 is a good 10 kmph quicker than the average "quick" bowler at club level.
:two_thumbs_up: I would probably think that David Johnson was more about speed than skill that made it more easier for him to face. Also, he may spray around a bit. Considering you faced Balaji during his early career - I suspect the angle of his delivery and particularly the seam/cut he achieved on the surface would have been difficult. Let us more more about your experience. At the club level, even 125 would make batsmen struggle to put bat on ball.
On 7/25/2013 at 5:40 AM, mastana said:

Those who don't know about David Johnson. He was a fast bowler who played for India in 1996. Now my question to rkt and other speed gurus here is how fast was he? :sherlock: Here is a video of Johnson bowling against Australia. ur4y6jw9ZUk

He bowled between 147 to 150 kmph he was t he was the fast bowler not medium fast bowler 

On 7/25/2013 at 6:54 AM, jf1gp_1 said:

130-135 no more; harvinder singh might have been quicker than him. you want to see quick then search for zaheer khans debut game, i think he cleaned up a few because of pace.

He was the fast bowler not medium fast he bowled above 145 kmph