How fast was David Johnson?

130-135 no more; harvinder singh might have been quicker than him. you want to see quick then search for zaheer khans debut game' date=' i think he cleaned up a few because of pace.[/quote'] Yes,both zakk and yuvi debuts were in 2000 champions trophy,zakk was the fastest Indian bowler ,he used to be in early to late 140's ,his yorker to get rid of Andrew hall and Steve Waugh bowled was my first memory of him.
Slightly faster than Shoaib, I'm referring to Shoaib Malik. It was a dark phase even by Indian seam bowling standards, when Srinath was injured Prasad was the quickest and had Kuruvilla & Ganesh to form the holy trinity.
Ganesh was another embarrassment who would run 20 yards before delivering harmless deliveries as quick as Saurav Ganguly.
What about Sir Abey ? 6'6" giant who relies on the slower cutters and gets smashed once those are figured out :giggle:
Problem with him was he was picked very late when he was about 30. He had past his prime by the time he was picked, so I can give him a benefit of doubt. He might have been a bit quicker in his early days.

Johnson was quick.I remember,ESPN in those days telecasted a few domestic games.Karnataka used to rule the roost then and Johnson bowled a lightning quick spell in one of the domestic matches.Seemed to be 90MPH. Even here see how much bounce he got on one of those deliveries to Mongia on a Kotla pitch.

Don't forget the other legends around the same time as: Salil Ankola Paras Mhambery Debashish Mohanty Thiru Kumaran Was truly a great era.
Debashish Mohanty in odis Mat Inns Balls Runs Wkts BBI BBM Ave Econ SR 4w 5w 10 45 44 1996 1662 57 4/56 4/56 29.15 4.99 35.0 1 0 0 He was decent .
Don't forget the other legends around the same time as: Salil Ankola Paras Mhambery Debashish Mohanty Thiru Kumaran Was truly a great era.
Even before them we had Raju kulkarni Subroto bannerjee Atul wassan Of them if ankol had stayed injury free he might have stuck around longer
Debashish Mohanty in odis Mat Inns Balls Runs Wkts BBI BBM Ave Econ SR 4w 5w 10 45 44 1996 1662 57 4/56 4/56 29.15 4.99 35.0 1 0 0 He was decent .
Yeah, he was ... He once bowled to me @ nets ... Out of 9 balls, 4 were down the leg side. But during that time he was a star @ sahid sporting and hence no one could say anything to him. Even the coach aka Dada was asking me to try and hit those balls instead of asking him to bowl straight :banghead: Although later in a game against our club, he got my wicket in just 3-4 balls :embarassed: