Inzi still a chance to surpass Javed ?

Donny

Conflicting reports add to confusion Speculation grows over Inzamam's future Osman Samiuddin Speculation over the future of Inzamam-ul-Haq, the former Pakistan captain, is mounting with some reports claiming he is set to retire from Test cricket after playing in the second Test in Lahore against South Africa. Geo TV and Jang, the Urdu-language daily, both reported that Inzamam had reached an agreement with the Pakistan Cricket Board which would see the batsman play one last Test at home before bowing out - unlike many ex-cricketers in Pakistan - with some grace and dignity. None of these reports, however, have quoted Inzamam directly. The only newspaper to quote him on the topic, the Daily Express, another Urdu daily, has him denying any such plans. "I have no plans to retire at the moment. I am available for the second Test and have told the selectors of my desire," Inzamam said. However, to add to the confusion, the same newspaper's front page has also carried the retirement story. Inzamam was, according to the selection committee, considered for the first Test squad against South Africa. He wasn't picked because he made himself unavailable. If he does play one last Test, Inzamam has an opportunity to surpass Javed Miandad as the leading Test run-scorer for Pakistan as he needs 20 runs to go past Miandad's haul of 8832. http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/pakistan/content/current/story/313431.html -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Batsman       Tests Inns   N.O.   Runs   H.S.   Ave   100s  50s

Javed Miandad  124   189    21    8832   280*  52.57   23   43 

Inzamam-ul-Haq 119   198    22    8813   329   50.07   25   46

Inzi has played 5 fewer Tests but has batted 9 times more than Javed. Javed scored a century every 8.21 innings. Inzi, every 7.92

Yeah... i think he should hang around for a while.. which will show the true pakistani colors... our hyprocritic parosis want Sachin to retire from ODIs which is actually his specialty but now we see them praying for Inzi to come back... biggest bunch of hyprocritics....or jealous...

If Pakistan lose the first test , which in all probability they will , there is no reason why they shouldnt play either Inzamam or Yousuf or both in the 2nd test. Inzamam may still be physically quite fit , but its a bit uncertain how match fit he is and how much competitive cricket he has played in the recent past. And that man deserves a fitting finale to his career. Still cant forget a literally weeping Inzamam , walking off the field as he was dismissed by the Irish in the world cup 2007. And worse followed with the death of Woolmer. Dont want that to be my last memories of one of the best batsman ever in world cricket. Hopefully , he plays again and bows out with dignity and grace.

Yeah... i think he should hang around for a while.. which will show the true pakistani colors... our hyprocritic parosis want Sachin to retire from ODIs which is actually his specialty but now we see them praying for Inzi to come back... biggest bunch of hyprocritics....or jealous...
looks like ICF have found another gem:two_thumbs_up: