Average Films That You Either Unconditionally Love or Hate

jalebi_bhai

Not really' date=' even from Aamir Khan movies I really liked Dil Chahta Hai - though I felt his star presence kind of killed the very interesting character of Akshaye Khanna which deserved more screen time and depth.[/quote'] Akshaye Khanna was fab in that movie. :nice: PS: If you havent watched Ghajni, here's a tip.... DONT :giggle:

Akshaye Khanna was fab in that movie. :nice: PS: If you havent watched Ghajni, here's a tip.... DONT :giggle:
Unfortunately, I did. :wall: I guess it was after Ghajni that I vowed not to watch any more of his movies, so have avoided 3 Idiots and Talaash as far as I could, but I couldn't avoid watching bits and parts of them when visiting friends/relatives.

Unfortunately, I did. :wall: I guess it was after Ghajni that I vowed not to watch any more of his movies, so have avoided 3 Idiots and Talaash as far as I could, but I couldn't avoid watching bits and parts of them when visiting friends/relatives.
Watch TZP.really a good film :nice:

the only problem i have with that movie is they portray all dyslexic kids to be mentally retarded (using that for lack of a better term).... there are many dyslexic kids that have no problem with their social interactions.... and also, just like all bollywood movies, the emotional crap was over-the-top

good to avoid 3 idiots. its based on a CB novel :cantstop: Talaash was meh... If you are bored and have nothing to do and i mean if you seriously have nothing to do, you should watch Talaash.

I watched it and was really put off at the portrayal of dyslexia as mental retardation - it's not. It's just a different view of the world, but even the protagonist(Aamir Khan), supposed to be fighting against it, viewed is as sort of a disease to be cured.

good to avoid 3 idiots. its based on a CB novel :cantstop: Talaash was meh... If you are bored and have nothing to do and i mean if you seriously have nothing to do, you should watch Talaash.
From the little that I watched of Talaash it seemed to be a rip off What Lies Beneath. I might be wrong since I watched only the last half hour or so.

the only problem i have with that movie is they portray all dyslexic kids to be mentally retarded (using that for lack of a better term).... there are many dyslexic kids that have no problem with their social interactions.... and also' date=' just like all bollywood movies, the emotional crap was over-the-top[/quote'] On wiki In his article "Taare Zameen Par and dyslexic savants" featured in the Annals of Indian Academy of Neurology, Ambar Chakravarty noted the[ general accuracy of Ishaan's dyslexia.Though Chakravarty was puzzled by Ishaan's trouble in simple arithmetic—a trait of dyscalculia rather than dyslexia—he reasoned it was meant to "enhance the image of [ishaan's] helplessness and disability". Labeling Ishaan an example of "dyslexic savant syndrome", he especially praised the growth of Ishaan's artistic talents after receiving help and support from Nikumbh, and deemed it the "most important (and joyous) neurocognitive phenomenon" of the film. This improvement highlights cosmetic neurology, a "major and therapeutically important issue" in cognitive neuroscience and neuropsychology. Maybe he knows more than you

I watched it and was really put off at the portrayal of dyslexia as mental retardation - it's not. It's just a different view of the world' date=' but even the protagonist(Aamir Khan), supposed to be fighting against it, viewed is as sort of a disease to be cured.[/quote'] It isnt a disease/negative mental condition that needs to be cured?

On wiki In his article "Taare Zameen Par and dyslexic savants" featured in the Annals of Indian Academy of Neurology, Ambar Chakravarty noted the[ general accuracy of Ishaan's dyslexia.Though Chakravarty was puzzled by Ishaan's trouble in simple arithmetic—a trait of dyscalculia rather than dyslexia—he reasoned it was meant to "enhance the image of [ishaan's] helplessness and disability". Labeling Ishaan an example of "dyslexic savant syndrome", he especially praised the growth of Ishaan's artistic talents after receiving help and support from Nikumbh, and deemed it the "most important (and joyous) neurocognitive phenomenon" of the film. This improvement highlights cosmetic neurology, a "major and therapeutically important issue" in cognitive neuroscience and neuropsychology. Maybe he knows more than you
not all dyslexics are savants.... For example, Abhishek Bachchan was dyslexic as a child but he overcame it and is not dyslexic anymore. Im just pointing out that I felt there was an over-generalization...:two_thumbs_up:

It isnt a disease/negative mental condition that needs to be cured?
You can call it a "negative mental condition" but it's certainly not a disease to be cured. Dyslexic people, and people with more medical knowledge than me should correct me if I am wrong, is a brain condition where people are unable to view the world as the majority of the population does. It does not impact their thinking power, to be called a disease or retardation.

You can call it a "negative mental condition" but it's certainly not a disease to be cured. Dyslexic people' date=' and people with more medical knowledge than me should correct me if I am wrong, is a brain condition where people are unable to view the world as the majority of the population does. It does not impact their thinking power, to be called a disease or retardation.[/quote'] So one can overcome it without needing any cure?

So one can overcome it without needing any cure?
"Cure" is for a disease. Dyslexia needs guidance and not cure - to help the person understand the difference between what he sees and what the rest of the world sees. And yes, it's possible to overcome it like Da Vinci did without any "cure", though I am loath to use an example of someone so extraordinary. Think of Dyslexia as a massively exaggerated form of color blindness, where the person has to get used to what he sees and the rest of the world sees is different rather than as an impact on his thinking power.