How bizzare is to relate Gayle's recent form to IPL?

This has to be one of the most bizzare things I have heard that some Pakistani fans are taking Chris Gayle's recent failures as their success against IPL :facepalm: Few fans have a notion that since Gayle is a success in IPL, his recent failure in international cricket (Specially against Parosis) indirectly suggest that IPL is crap with cricket of low standards. 1)Chris Gayle has been playing international cricket for more than a decade and IPL only for past 3 years. 2) He has played 254 ODI's and 97 test matches. Scored total 36 centuries (21 in ODI's and 15 in tests) - Much much successful than many Pakistani batsman. Dear Pak fans - Lets act mature (not too much asking) and stop bringing IPL everytime as some sort of personal vandetta.

i think its not because of the quality of ipl its just the quantity . he plays for almost every league around the world and this too much cricket has sucked him up, and as the biggest league ipl too has a hand in this fitigue i think.

i think its not because of the quality of ipl its just the quantity . he plays for almost every league around the world and this too much cricket has sucked him up' date=' and as the biggest league ipl too has a hand in this fitigue i think.[/quote'] Really Fatigue? The same Indian team won Champions trophy after playing IPL. Pakistan after resting for 3 months failed to win any games. Its nothing to do with IPL, fatigue etc. He is just going through a rough patch and blaming it on IPL is lol worthy

Even in IPL he targets only specific real low class trundlers. Ashwin has a wood over Gayle there. Also mainly in Bangalore where boundaries are short and pitch is a belter where ball comes on nicely he is a beast. HE did struggle outside Bangalore bar one or two times. In Bangalore 474(275) 118.5 avge 172 strike rate Outside Bangalore 234(178) 29.25 avge 131 strike rate

Really Fatigue? The same Indian team won Champions trophy after playing IPL. Pakistan after resting for 3 months failed to win any games. Its nothing to do with IPL, fatigue etc. He is just going through a rough patch and blaming it on IPL is lol worthy
oe lalay, my last post was relating to gayle not indian team, indian players only play in ipl while gayle plays for almost every domestic league+wi so my point regarding gayle is justified. ek dm dil p nai lete baat ko
i think its not because of the quality of ipl its just the quantity . he plays for almost every league around the world and this too much cricket has sucked him up' date=' and as the biggest league ipl too has a hand in this fitigue i think.[/quote'] Not really. Domestic comps generally have a lower level of quality compared to international cricket, including the IPL. What Pakis say do have a degree of truth to them. What they say is - Indian bowlers are not international standard. What the truth is - Non international Indian bowlers are not international standard. (That's obvious as they are not selected for the national team). The international bowlers like Bhuvi, Ashwin etc Gayle can do nothing against nor in IPL nor in international cricket (as see in CT/Tri series). This doesn't change the fact that IPL is the best league in the world and is miles above any other league. The level though is below international cricket because the pool of cricketers are of a lower quality. This is nothing to be offended about. EPL/La Liga are the best leagues and they are below international football in quality because of lower quality of English/Spanish non-international players. The reason Pakis bag the IPL is jealousy and when you see Pakis bagging the IPL, instead of being offended you should feel joy/pride etc.
I dont see what the big deal is to be honest, like most batsman he is going through a bad patch. In the 2012 T20 WC averaged 44.44 at a strike rate of 150 and was leading the Windies batting charts http://stats.espncricinfo.com/icc-world-twenty20-2012/engine/records/averages/batting_bowling_by_team.html?id=6856;team=4;type=tournament
He is a quality batsman. But his failures are coming under radar. His misfields, catch drops all make West Indians think he is not taking international games seriously as he takes leagues.
He is a quality batsman. But his failures are coming under radar. His misfields' date=' catch drops all make West Indians think he is not taking international games seriously as he takes leagues.[/quote'] change your avatar,man.You are going unnoticed without hot chicks in your av:--D
He is a quality batsman. But his failures are coming under radar. His misfields' date=' catch drops all make West Indians think he is not taking international games seriously as he takes leagues.[/quote'] its not just Gayle to be fair. Samuels has been **** as well. (though he was **** in the ipl too). Its just one of those things. Gayle will rediscover his form. He probably needs to take a back seat to all these minor leagues like Big Bash. Concentrate on international cricket and the ipl.