The Art of Bringing down our own people ..

Guest BossBhai

Rohit Brijnath is one of those journalists who have become popular for no reason. I can understand a Mihir Sen becoming popular on BBC since Mihir can rattle history like the back of his hand but what is Brijnath's claim to fame? Here is the title of articles that he has written on BBC in past few months about Indian cricket: Sachin's demise Indian hopes One day woes Petty Disputes Bodlness needed Need for Desire yada yada A freaking pessimistic son of a so and so. Dont bother reading him. xx

Thanks for sharing Chandan. DP's piece was the worst.

reesanth's apologists will point to how McGrath used to carry on sometimes. Fair enough. But McGrath was also the best bowler in the world, certainly the best we'll ever see, and he never let the white-line fever affect his performance. If anything, it probably enhanced it. Sreesanth, who started both games in this series superbly only to tail off at the end, needs to learn from that and learn quickly before a ban or two comes his way.
I stopped reading after that.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/7025726.stm illustrated by Rohit Brijnath of people ? Ofcourse us Indians are major ustaads at this fine art ... But I will never figure out why does everything have to be done so facking honourably and by the book while the rest can do whatever they want .. But atleast he was not sucking and drooling over the awezzies .... like many others do .... Is that light I see or .... ohh well.:omg_smile:
With all due respect here , Pray tell me why are you even bothering to visit Firangi sports site like BBC for cricket news and views ? Do you fathom that , English and Australian cricket supporters visit NDTV or other Indian sites for cricket news ?
What kind of logic is that ? Last time I checked Rohit considered himself an Indian and Isnt BBC a self proclaimed torch bearer of objective and fair journalism ? If it isnt ... can you point me towards the next best that is out there and the ones that protect Indian interests (Is there such a concept amongst us to begin with ?)
Even Foxnews claims itself to be self proclaimed torch bearer of fair and balanced journalism, but they are still faux news. And why should BBC protect Indian interests ? What strange logic. We need Indian news organizations /websites to protect our cricket interest not alien BBC.
Even Foxnews claims itself to be self proclaimed torch bearer of fair and balanced journalism' date= but they are still faux news. And why should BBC protect Indian interests ? What strange logic. We need Indian news organizations /websites to protect our cricket interest not alien BBC.
:haha::haha: that was a good one there KR. Coming to the topic though, I don't see fault of BBC really. It has more to do with Brijnath himself. Rohit Brijnath, like many other authors, writes for more than 1 media. For example he writes regularly for Sportstar(a Hindu publication) and so this article could have easily appeared there(instead of Beebs). Personally I find the man more of a pessimist than cricket-guru. Check this, I searched google for Rohit Brijnath and the first article that came up was... The typical, Indian chalta hai attitude The Indian team is not falling apart, but some stitches in the seam have come loose. The truth is the system must change and this team must renew itself. Anything else and India will creep out of the sunlight and back into the dark ages, writes ROHIT BRIJNATH. http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=t&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4ADBR_enUS231US232&q=Rohit+Brijnath :angry_smile::angry_smile:
I never said BBC should protect our interests ...but what stops Rohit who is an Indian in doing the right thing ? Are you saying BBC is holding a gun to his head ? Is there such a thing as objective and fair journalism ? If there is who provides that in your opinion ? I would also like a list of news agencies who protect Indian interests as you seem to suggest there exist a few such entities. BTW (hypothetically speaking) will you do anything that isnt in the Indian interest if told by your company ... since you are also employed by a non-indian firm (I presume?)
I can agree with you that Rohit being Indian should not work against Indian interests even though he works for BBC. BTW, I didn't find anything wrong with this particular article you are alluding to. But looks like their is a pattern of writing articles which can be deemed against the Indian interest. But the question still begs , why give credence to BBC by visiting their website for cricket news when you know that it holds jaundiced views against India when it comes to cricket. Aren't you hurting your cause , if you want to make a statement ? After all the number of hits is an important barometer to gauge their success and by visiting them you are actually increasing their hit counts.

I dont think the problem is with BBC as such. The problem basically is because ppl like brijanth are so steemed in their traditional ways of thinking that to them such agression is a surprise. Its more a case of "How dare an indian behave aggressively on the field". Andrew Nel was a character very similar to sreesanth and i think he was pulled up much much less than sree is. Why do these stupid journalists comment more about sreesanth and less about the 20-35 over debacle? All said and done, he did get under the skin of the australians, and that is exactly what we want. I hope he continues this way again. And we win this time. As long as the day ends with a hand shake and probably a couple of beers , it doesnt matter how aggressive one gets on the field. Of course, it should start and end at the mouth ( ie.talking ):D

ha. bunch of hypocrite posting away. Everyone on this forum in past has been guilty of posting some or the other nonsense about Indian players. People who have never touched a cricket ball want to crucify Ajit agarkar. Greats like Sachin, Saurav, Rahul have been ridiculed and crucified but everyone is all pumped up after reading an article by some journo. The real problem is Mr. Brijnaths article was published in British media. I don't see anyone talking about what harsha bogle said or what that guy from Hindu wrote but every single one is ready to jump on what was written on BBC by an Indian.

I didn't know where to ask this question, so I picked this Sreesanth thread. What really happened with the Symonds "run-out?" If one were to get really technical, was it out (sportsmanship notwithstanding)? If so, I just don't see why anyone (including MSD) needs to get their unders in a wad. It's like getting someone out while he was backing up too much. Oh ... and like bowling underarm - oh hell, the Ozzies would never do that, would they? They play the game aggressively, but in the right spirit, never once crossing the line. Now, if was "technically not out," I retract this post ... maybe.

I didn't know where to ask this question, so I picked this Sreesanth thread. What really happened with the Symonds "run-out?" If one were to get really technical, was it out (sportsmanship notwithstanding)? If so, I just don't see why anyone (including MSD) needs to get their unders in a wad. It's like getting someone out while he was backing up too much. Oh ... and like bowling underarm - oh hell, the Ozzies would never do that, would they? They play the game aggressively, but in the right spirit, never once crossing the line. Now, if was "technically not out," I retract this post ... maybe.
I think it was dead ball by then. Correct me if I'm wrong folks.