The sheer class of Australia's batting lineup

They are a sight to behold in ODIs, an unbreachable fortress. Their first choice batting lineup is Hayden, Gilchrist, Ponting, Clarke, Symonds, and Hussey. All of them feature in the top 8 of the LG-ICC rankings, a fairly accurate barometer. It's not just their world rankings. It's their sheer skill and mongrel which separates them from the rest. All have the ability to run quickly between the wickets, pick up the gaps, and strike the big blows. Some specialize in big hitting viz. Gilchrist and Symonds, some in strike rotation viz. Clarke and Hussey, and some in anchoring the innings at terrifying speeds viz. Hayden and Ponting. But on a given day they interchange roles seamlessly to adapt themselves to whatever bowling and situation they are pitted against. There is very little sides can do to stop them. Good bowlers have been brought to their knees by them and ordinary ones have been dismissed with contempt. All of them average over 40, all of them strike at more than 75, and all of them intimidate the opposition in their own way. The bench strength has proved to be tremendous as well with Haddin fitting into Hussey's role comfortably and though Hodge has not done even a small percentage of what Ponting is capable of, they have looked unstoppable in the series so far. Not much hope remains for the oppositions over the coming years against Australia in ODIs, which ultimately is a batsman's game. The only practical solution is to transit to Twenty20s in quick time where the gap between a Symonds and an Afridi is narrower.

India's only way of winning is to out bat them. Our bowlers and probably fielders need to ensure that they dont give out any runs. I am still amazed to see that the aussies could bowl with no fine leg for an entier innings. We should get that kind of discipline. I am sure we can do that. I saw bhaji bowl in the 20/20's. I think he should get back to that mindset for the next few matches

More than anything I'm constantly amazed by their ability to maintain a high run rate despite the loss of early wickets. Mentally they're simply made of superior stuff than everybody else. It's impossible to put them under pressure for any significant period of time because they negate it by continuing to play aggressive cricket. India can learn a lot from them. Watching Dravid and Dhoni scratch around the other day was just sad.

their batting lineup knows when to counter attack. And they also milk singles very effectively especially Clarke. This is the one quality that sets them apart
exactly, morons like ganguly and yuvraj wants boundries and sixes. Yuvi at the beginning was very active at picking singles. Also dravid at the begining of the inning's doesnt rotate the strike, he kills valuable balls.