Indian Agression a Facade ?

goose

While i don't agree entirely with this he has a point. Zaheer growling furiously after a wicket - that's aggression. Yuvraj punching the air - that's aggression. The opponent must be left in no doubt that you are truly miffed. If someone like Tendulkar or Dravid got upset / angry i suspect that would rattle the opponent far more than the repeated antics of Sreesanth. Sreesanth has nuisance value - that's it. The best example of aggression I have ever seen, and it's no exaggeration to say it won the match, is by the otherwise cool Chris Gayle after his altercation with Michael Clarke. One needs to exude an air of slightly deranged menace. This is best done by those that are normally quiet and/or those with a physical presence. Sreesanth is just a nerd. Discuss !

While i don't agree entirely with this he has a point. Zaheer growling furiously after a wicket - that's aggression. Yuvraj punching the air - that's aggression. The opponent must be left in no doubt that you are truly miffed. If someone like Tendulkar or Dravid got upset / angry i suspect that would rattle the opponent far more than the repeated antics of Sreesanth. Sreesanth has nuisance value - that's it. The best example of aggression I have ever seen, and it's no exaggeration to say it won the match, is by the otherwise cool Chris Gayle after his altercation with Michael Clarke. One needs to exude an air of slightly deranged menace. This is best done by those that are normally quiet and/or those with a physical presence. Sreesanth is just a nerd. Discuss !
Dont think so. Sreesanth is naturally very agressive. He has been staring down at ppl for a long time. India's agression is just a new way of thinking .Why can't the juniors give a bit back to the aussies? I dont see anything wrong and i hope it doesnt wane out as the series progress. Sreesanth has now earned a reputation for himself. And i feel this reputation is goign to keep him among the wickets. The shot hayden played when he got out to him in the 1st odi was just pure slog. it was played on a frenzy to prove a point to the bloke who 'Yaps a lot but cant deliver." As long as sree keeps taking wickets (3 a match), he can talk all he want. The one thing that sreesanth should learn is to identify ppl to sledge. I think he will learn it soon.
Sreesanth's antics would be considered great if the team was winning. Given that we have started losing, they are considered stupid. Bottom line, it is all about winning, doesn't matter how you do it. Not convinced? Just ask the assies.
That run-out appeal against Symonds was a desparate stupid act. I pity any fool who thinks it is an aggresive act.
To answer Goosey's dilema .... lets assume that SS is wrong .... but will it do any good to the guy's morale by publicly hounding him ? Dont think so. Then why bother ? Now .. has it gone to an extent that it hurts the team and his performance ... again I dont think soo ... All we have right now is some twisted sense of morality that we are using to beat up the guy ... Why ?
I agree to bheem;s point. Its our own twisted sense of morality thats starting to get us worked up. Its like some ppl's reactions when they see ppl drinkin in front of them.

I found the whole episode hilarious. Symonds had no business to be going down the pitch at that point. Did Sreesanth speak to Haddin? Heckle him? Touch him? All he did was stare at him from three feet. Haddin is not a shrinking violet. He could have handled that. Symonds thought he'd play the hero, so he walked up to show Sree who was the boss. Sreesanth turned around, saw him advancing, and threw down the stumps. It was a natural act of self preservation when you see a gorilla advancing on you. I'd have dome something similarly drastic to divert the attention if I saw that creature coming down the pitch at me. Symonds didn't know whether to laugh at Sreesanth or thump him over the head with his bat. In over a decade of brawling in bars around Australia and bullying less well endowed specimens on the cricket field, he'd never quite seen a specimen such as this. Probably never will. Sreesanth is 100% mongrel to Symond's English mastiff.

Perhaps it is affecting his performance. In the T20 SF he did not mouth off any obscenities and was similar in the first ODI. Aggressive but cultured and had terrific returns to show for it. Infact, his best bowling returns in England came at the Oval when he was more controlled and not in the earlier tests when he was a loose cannon.

Got to give it to Sreesanth.... He singlehandadly sheilded the whole Indian Team from Aussie Sledging .....For the first time in some years they are on back foot in their own game. It doesnt anymore part of Aussie Reporterie ...Game is now played on level playing field.... Time for Indian Top to get some runs....and Hyderabd provides an opportunity

I feel that sreesanth is a revelation to another side of the indian team. We need someone like him to really needle teams like australia.If only the middle and end overs were as good as the first, it would be perfect. Wrt Batting, i think the same aggression is needed in the batting front. Uthappa is an ideal candidate for the same. I would suggest we open with yuvi sachin and one down of uthappa.

Well. Come on guys.. We are not talking about some decent folks.. These are bunch of losers who go on playing the game at mental level. My foot mental level. They simply abuse opposition. If that is the case, RD, SRT should take the lead and hit them all over the park. Yuv, Uthapa and Dhoni should just go all out on them. With Pathan, GG should all play aggressive cricket... Give that RP son-of-#$%#$# on his face... I will bowl SS when he comes to bat and after his wkt at least 3-4 guys should walk up to him and give nice nice send-off to the pavilion. Unless they do that here, they wont have any success in Aus...Dont be afraid of them. I know this is just first few games after RD resigned and they all are adjustying to his style of captainship. Some how RD, SRT have not digested the Captaincy issue yet. It is seen through their body language. Once that settle down, this team will do just fine.. Welcome to some exciting game.... March on...

I believe, we must understand the aussies are the champions in ODI cricket as well as sledging the opponents to victimize them of psychological pressure and demoralize them...a victory at the moment is inevitable to their way of cricket...this will be a deadly device to check their sledging strategy. As far as captaincy matter, I agree that the seniors will be in dismay and they may be depressed, too. On the other side of the coin, they can take example of flemmings who was very much positive in his interview when NZ captaincy was handed over to Vettori...after all its the matter of a country's pride.