The US OPEN 2013/US OPEN SERIES

Cricketics

Coming back to your hatred for Nadal( and please don't deny it' date=' we have already seen it) I find it very immature and childish to be honest. Seriously if you are older than 18 you seriously need to grow up.[/quote'] I don't think you follow as much tennis as I do. In fact very few people do, I follow everything from the slams to the masters and davis cup. I watch rank 150 players take on rank 50 guys in challenger events and sometimes when future events are broadcasted. There is a reason why I dislike Nadal more than any other sportsman. Heck I dislike Murray too, but I have respect for what he does and how he does it. His involvement with Eufemio Fuentes. Read up about it, come back and tell me there isn't something fishy about it. Sooner or later the steroid cheats are always exposed, Lance Armstrong was, sprinters were, Marin Cilic and Viktor Troiki were as well. There's no firm evidence that's been exposed against him yet, but I know maybe in a few months, perhaps a few years, evidence will come out. You know when I realised I know he's a steroid cheat? When shortly after the rumours and speculation was released he "withdrew from Wimbledon 2009" due to "knee concerns". I wonder if he was worried about getting caught. It's not a coincidence surely that when WADA change the criteria for testing in tennis, the very next tournament Nadal is absent? There are suspicions that Djokovic too may have been or is taking illegal substances, but the evidence and questions around him are not as dubious, he hasn't missed any tests or mysteriously withdrawn from major events.

And Somdev has been drawn with Lukas Lacko. Not a bad round 1. Hopefully he can beat him go ahead. One game at a time. Let's go Somdev.
Decent chance to get to the 2nd round, I think if Somdev gets to R2, he'll win 53k or thereabouts. Problem with Somdev is that physically he is shorter than the top players and less powerful. Skill can only get you so far, at some point you need to have that extra little something. I feel the same about Goffin, highly talent player, but just not enough power or strength to really push the top guys.

Leander Paes wins Winston Salem open with his partner Daniel Nestor. A combined age of 80 years won over two young guns just out from college. Well Done Leander/Nestor. These are two doubles legend. Playing for the first time together after 1994. What brilliance.

I don't think you follow as much tennis as I do.
I have been watching a lot of tennis for the last 15-16 years. I also play it as a recreational sport. So please don't try to act I-know-all. Thanks.
There is a reason why I dislike Nadal more than any other sportsman. Heck I dislike Murray too, but I have respect for what he does and how he does it. His involvement with Eufemio Fuentes. Read up about it, come back and tell me there isn't something fishy about it.
I have only heard rumors more specifically a blog post from a moron without a shred of evidence. Come back to me when you have something concrete.
Sooner or later the steroid cheats are always exposed, Lance Armstrong was, sprinters were, Marin Cilic and Viktor Troiki were as well. There's no firm evidence that's been exposed against him yet, but I know maybe in a few months, perhaps a few years, evidence will come out. You know when I realised I know he's a steroid cheat? When shortly after the rumours and speculation was released he "withdrew from Wimbledon 2009" due to "knee concerns". I wonder if he was worried about getting caught. It's not a coincidence surely that when WADA change the criteria for testing in tennis, the very next tournament Nadal is absent? There are suspicions that Djokovic too may have been or is taking illegal substances, but the evidence and questions around him are not as dubious, he hasn't missed any tests or mysteriously withdrawn from major events.
You are free to believe whatever you want to. Nadal has not mysteriously withdrawn from any tournament. There are ample evidence to support that he was genuinely injured before and during Wimbledon 2012. He was also a part of Olympics in 2008 where the drug testing is as stringent as it gets. The mystery is only in your head. He was tested 6 times by WADA during his 7 months long break. In any case we all know the real reason for your hatred, there are plenty like you on the internet. But if you want people to take you seriously kindly stop making retarded comments like this one(http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showpost.php?p=2575246&postcount=83). Most people here who comment on tennis are classy, so learn something from your idol and keep it civil. I haven't seen a single negative comment on Federer by any Nadal fan here. Thanks.

I have been watching a lot of tennis for the last 15-16 years. I also play it as a recreational sport. So please don't try to act I-know-all. Thanks. You are free to believe whatever you want to. In any case we all know the real reason for your hatred, there are plenty like you on the internet. I haven't seen a single negative comment on Federer by any Nadal fan here. Thanks.
Actually I may not be a know it all when it comes to tennis, but I certainly am a know a lot about it person. You seem to think I'm a Fed fan, would it come as a shock to you to realise I too am not a Fed fan. I am a fan of 3 guys in tennis, Djokovic, Del Potro and Gulbis. But funny how anyone who hates/dislikes Nadal must be a Fed fan. But you're damn right when you say I am free to believe what I want and I'm also free to hate whatever I like. Who would want to shake hand or even like a top sportsman with a filthy habit like this: qbzRViLJucU

Actually I may not be a know it all when it comes to tennis' date=' but I certainly am a know a lot about it person.[/quote'] Dude I know you guys are taught conspiracy theory 101 right from day one. You even jailed the guy who helped to catch Osama Bin Laden by setting up a Kangaroo court, but outside in the civilized world things don't work that way. No one would take you seriously unless you have any proof. :hysterical: :hysterical: Like millions of people? He has almost 17 million followers on facebook and twitter which is the highest for a tennis player, has the second most fan following after Roger and earns millions of dollars each month and is widely considered as one of the greatest players of all time. What have you achieved in life? No one gives a flying ***k what a lowlife internet troll like yourself post on an anonymous forum. I only objected because I wanted this space to remain tidy for healthy tennis discussions. But you turned out to be even more immature than I realized initially. I would have put you on the ignore list but the feature doesn't seem to be there on this forum. Anyways I am done with you, so long!!!

Any idea what is maximum number of masters a player won in the season? I am sure Djoko would have won a lot when he had that phenomenal run in 2011.
Don't think anyone has answered that question. It is 5. Novak won 5 masters in 2011. Nadal has equaled that record this year with a chance of breaking it with 2 more masters to go.

Which games are you looking forward to on Day 1 guys?? Here is my list for day 1 In order 1. Sarena Williams vs Schiavone Francesca. How the hell can this be round 1 match? Off courseWilliams is hot favorite, but it should be a tight game. 2 Gasquet vs Russell. Michael Russell is a pusher. He's been around at Atp Tour for a while but hasn't really done anything special. However, at his home turf and his home slam, he plays his best tennis. American crowd will turn up in numbers to support him against Richard. We might see a win here for Russell. 3. Ramos vs Tomic. I am expecting a five setter here in favor of Tomic. Tomic usually has had a nightmarish run at US Open in last few years. Hopefully this one is going to better for him. Ramos is a pretty good energetic player though. Expecting a tight game here. 4. Robredo vs Matosevic. Back again Tommy Rob is going to be playing in his first slam in long time. Good to have him back. Faes a tough game here against Aussie. Matosevic had a brilliant run in Washington D.C recently and is playing some brilliant tennis of late. 5. Nadal vs Harrison. Hopefully Nadal will be pushed to the 4th set or 5th by young Ryan Harrison. Bet this will be the most enjoyable game for the home crowd as their very own will be playing against Rafa. Expect Arthur Ashe to be packed for both the reason; Because of Nadal and their new American hope Ryan.

5. Nadal vs Harrison. Hopefully Nadal will be pushed to the 4th set or 5th by young Ryan Harrison. Bet this will be the most enjoyable game for the home crowd as their very own will be playing against Rafa. Expect Arthur Ashe to be packed for both the reason; Because of Nadal and their new American hope Ryan.
My prediction is it will be a 3 set win for Nadal with 2 tough sets and one relatively easy. Kinda like 7-6 6-4 6-2. For Harrison to win it he will have to do it in 3, worst 4. If it goes to a 5th set he has no chance.

Interesting tennis so far. As I expected Bernard tomic vs Ramos has been the match of the day so far. Poor Bernard has to go through a lot this year. His dad isn't allowed to enter in any tournament because he hit Bernard Tomic's practice opponent. He head butt him and has been banned from all ATP venues. He was also Tomic's coach.