Oldest cricketer is set to turn 102

diga

Note: Mods, please move it to the appropriate section if this is not the right section for the below

World's oldest living Test cricketer Norman Gordon will be 102 years of age on Tuesday. “There can't be celebrations when he is not well enough. He is not keeping good health. At this age one is bound to have health ailments,†said Brian Gordon, his 70-year-old son who lives in Johannesburg. If he survives for two more years (i.e. until 17th July 2015), then he would become the oldest ever first class cricketer because England's Jim Hutchinson's died at the age of 103 years 344 days. When asked whether he would be going to watch to feel the match atmosphere when Team India visits South Africa later this year, Brian said, “Definitely not. His eye-sight is diminishing. He is hardly able to hear.†Norman Gordon's last b birthday was in a hospital bed. It was the age related illness and he was suffering from pneumonia and had to be hospitalized“, he added. Norman Gordon is the only living player to have played Test cricket before World War II. He also participated in the famous Timeless Test (South Africa versus England at Durban in 1939), which lasted 10 days and was eventually declared a draw as agreed by both the teams because the English team had to leave by sea on the last day of the Test. It proved to be Gordon's final Test match. “After retirement my dad ran a sports shop which is not functioning now,†the son added. “My father was recently interviewed by Ali Bacher. The topic of discussion is not known. Bacher also paid tribute on my father's 100th birthday two years ago,†Brian said.