Community Shield-Manchester United v Wigan Athletic

Bleed-Blue

TEAM NEWS: Wayne Rooney has been named in the squad for England's match against Scotland next week, yet he is missing for United at Wembley with a shoulder injury as speculation about his future continues. Javier Hernandez, who did not start Rio Ferdinand's testimonial on Friday night, is likely to start up front. Ferdinand himself is not expected to start two matches in three days, while Wilfried Zaha is tipped for a starting spot after some excellent summer performances. Wigan's new signing James McClean will make his debut for the Latics after his switch from Sunderland, while former Norwich striker Grant Holt will start up front for the FA Cup winners, who hammered Barnsley 4-0 at Oakwell last weekend. New arrival Thomas Rogne will miss out with a back problem, while Gary Caldwell (hip) and Ivan Ramis (knee) are on the long-term injury list. Emerson Boyce and Leon Barnett are expected to line up from the start. MANAGER QUOTES: David Moyes (Manchester United): "I just cannot wait to get the season started. As I have said before, I know what it is like to walk out at Old Trafford as the manager of the opposition, so to step out in front of more than 75,000 fans as the Manchester United manager will be a special moment for me. Being given the chance to manage a club like this was a dream come true for me and probably more so given that the previous manager, Sir Alex Ferguson, wanted me to be in charge of the club. My sole goal is to be successful and have a winning team. I hope that, over the years, we can enjoy plenty of success. I'm really looking forward to it." Owen Coyle (Wigan): "David has succeeded Sir Alex on merit. For years I have been saying he could manage any top club in world football. There is no doubting what he has done. He has been at the coal face with Preston and earned the right to go from there to Everton, where he also did a magnificent job. He was a natural successor to Sir Alex and it is great to see a home-grown manager evolving to that level. I have no doubts he will have huge success at Manchester United."