Anyone know what Tendulkar is up to?

Whether one likes it or not' date='t this is the stone cold truth. He damaged his legacy by playing after 2011 WC. He had the perfect opportunity to retire but missed it. His 99 hundreds would have been talked about like 99.94. In fact 99 would have been much better than a selfish 100 against BD. But to be fair to him he was in prime form and it's hard to give it up then. In retrospect everything is easier.[/quote'] No legacy has been damaged. Tendulkar's legacy was created in his first 8-12 years of cricket. The remainder of his career was just for the stats aficionados to be able to regurgitate some numbers.
No legacy has been damaged. Tendulkar's legacy was created in his first 8-12 years of cricket. The remainder of his career was just for the stats aficionados to be able to regurgitate some numbers.
I don't know but phase that Sachin had from 2007 to 2011 can not be downplayed either which was well beyond hid first 8-12 years. I agree legacy once created can not be damaged. Federer would remain always one of the great tennis player, no matter how much he has lost in later part of his career.
I don't know but phase that Sachin had from 2007 to 2011 can not be downplayed either which was well beyond hid first 8-12 years. I agree legacy once created can not be damaged. Federer would remain always one of the great tennis player, no matter how much he has lost in later part of his career.
I am not downplaying that phase - it was superb. The point I was making was that he could have easily retired at some point between '98-'02 and still be considered the greatest of his times, with Lara as the only viable competition. 10 years later, the situation remains the same - Tendulkar was the best over the last generation with the only viable competition from Lara. When geniuses like Bradman, Benaud, Gavaskar etc. acknowledge you as one of the greatest batsman before you are 30, the legacy is already established. After that, it's a number crunching game about who averaged 0.005 more in XYZ conditions.
Tendulkar will have enough Ranji games before he comes out for south africa tour. Don't worry. It doesn't take him long ot get in the groove. He is so mentally ready always. He would probably need couple of net sessions and a probably 2 outings in domestic to come back in touch.
He had enough Ranji games before Aus test series too.:two_thumbs_up:
I mean this is going to be our youngst and most inexperienced line up if it goes without gambhir and sehwag. And there is going to be only Tendulkar. Only one senior member and even you want to eliminate him from the line up.
What did experience do in Aus and England? In Aus, your most inexperienced batsman was the highest run getter. You are eventually going to lose, lets lose with youngsters who will an invaluable experience and can improve in future.
What did experience do in Aus and England? In Aus' date=' your most inexperienced batsman was the highest run getter. You are eventually going to lose, lets lose with youngsters who will an invaluable experience and can improve in future.[/quote'] Tendulkar will prosper in SA if there is overall good performance from team. Both in Eng and Aus, he was second highest run scorer from Indian side, though that was not enough as all others, barring Dravid in England failed in these tours. In SA tour as well, I don't expect Sachin to rise above rest of the batsman and score lot of runs while other's don't.
Tendulkar will prosper in SA if there is overall good performance from team. Both in Eng and Aus' date=' he was second highest run scorer from Indian side, though that was not enough as all others, barring Dravid in England failed in these tours. [b']In SA tour as well, I don't expect Sachin to rise above rest of the batsman and score lot of runs while other's don't.
Then what is the use if he is to score at an average of 30-35 and if it is not going to help the team.
Then what is the use if he is to score at an average of 30-35 and if it is not going to help the team.
it may help team if rest of the batsmen also stand up. In a situation like Melbourne test, where India was in the driving seat at end of day 2, if other batmen contribute we can turn the corner.
it may help team if rest of the batsmen also stand up. In a situation like Melbourne test' date=' where India was in the driving seat at end of day 2, if other batmen contribute we can turn the corner.[/quote'] What about home test series? Didn't other batsmen stand up in those matches, but he still did not do much whether against NZ, England or Australia. He played 10 home tests and barely averaged 30 odd. He barely played 1-2 significant innings in those 10 tests, 20 innings.
Forget about overseas. He is getting cleaned up by bowlers even in Indian conditions. Since World cup n Australia, England, India 21 tests 1145 runs 31.80 avge 8 fifties 50% of the time he was either bowled or leg before.
Big blow to stat loving fans Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

What if Sachin isn't able to score much in domestic cricket? Say 3-4 failures in Ranji matches before SA tour? A hypothetical situation but quite possible. Should he still get picked for SA tour? I just hope the Mumbai Cricket Association doesn't prepare roads to give him a false sense of hope like they did before the Eng / Aus series.

This whole idea about Sachin's place shouldnt be questioned because there is nobody to replace him is absolute bollocks. What is the worst that will happen, we will loose a few series home and away, so be it. It is not like there is going to be a Sachin replacement out there who is going to come up and start winning series for India on his own?

He might have failed but then we still bank him to do well @ RKT. His stats prove that he is still better than anyone else plus he got experience. Even Dravid had a bad run going but he eventually was our best bat in 0-4 loss to England. Why go with an attitude that "we have to lose regardless" I mean why can't we win. I think only England and India are two sides who have chance of beating south africa in south africa.

Tendulkar will have enough Ranji games before he comes out for south africa tour. Don't worry. It doesn't take him long ot get in the groove. He is so mentally ready always. He would probably need couple of net sessions and a probably 2 outings in domestic to come back in touch.
That is not how SRT himself would think.