Nidhi Razdan being ripped apart by British MP Barry Gardiner

arun81

And after that the Supreme Court allowed Jafri to file a petition against Modi.
In the wake of supreme court's SIT clean chit, why do you think the UK must wait before engaging with modi for the decision on the petition? And if modi is controversial, so are the Gandhis, Obama or bush.

I just saw the video. Yeah, Razdan is coming across as an idiot because of the manner she conducts the "interview", but so does that Gardiner guy who refuses to admit that Modi is a controversial figure and offers no justification for the multiple years of cold shoulder by UK. What is Gardiner going on about the Supreme Court? Last I checked the Supreme Court has allowed Jafri to file a petition against Modi. How is that a clearing?
Its about netas, theirs and ours and neither is doodh ka dhula. Until Modi is convicted, can we keep in mind that he's a current & 3 time democratically elected CM & not Togadia/Bajrangi ? If we are to drag our internal politics across the seas as the current trend suggests, heavens help this country stay united.

In the wake of supreme court's SIT clean chit' date=' why do you think the UK [i']must wait before engaging with modi for the decision on the petition? And if modi is controversial, so are the Gandhis, Obama or bush.
so true.. Vadra would have been thrice hanged for his crimes in the Arab countries

That is a disgusting habit that India TV jounalists have got into. Thay have started believing that they are there to judge people, have moral authority on the matters. They hardly go to hear other's views, they want to impose there thinking on the person being interviewed. Arnab Goswami is biggest culprit. Everybody pales in his comparison. He was also ridiculed badly by an Italian lawyer on marine issue. These people need to learn some manners. Poor journalism.
yup,the anchors (wont call them journolists),especially arnab just keep on barking,diatribes without giving the guests or the panelists enough chance to speak..yesterday also,that fecker goswami gave the indian panelists enough chance to speak but constantly interrupted the pakistani counterpart..the rudimentary principles of journalism in india has gone to the dogs although there are some viable journos still present which is good to know

Some ridiculous questions in this thread. The reason he has been invited is cause he is now viewed as the main leader of the Indian opposition and a candidate for being a CM. During the French elections Hollande as well was asked for a similar address as was Merkel prior to replacing Schroder or even Mr Rajoy of Spain. Plus he has not been convicted of anything. the UK has full diplomatic relations with India and any Indian CM is allowed to travel to the UK no issues from what i gather. UK also has every right to act in its strategic interests which involve the state of Gujarat. Maybe if the seculars who are having such heart burn need to ask their states to build more economic relations with the UK. I am sure the likes of Akilesh "law and order" Yadav will be more than "capable" of it. Even if Modi is convicted (it still does not matter) the likes of Evo Morales of Bolivia have been granted full access to the UK as leader of the opposition.

Its about netas' date=' theirs and ours and neither is doodh ka dhula. Until Modi is convicted, can we keep in mind that he's a current & 3 time democratically elected CM & not Togadia/Bajrangi ? If we are to drag our internal politics across the seas as the current trend suggests, heavens help this country stay united.[/quote'] Uff ho! :wall: No one is saying Modi is convicted. Razadan asked a simple question to the Gardiner guy - the Supreme Court had not convicted Modi earlier and he was still an elected representative of the people when UK had a policy of his boycott, what changed to elicit a turnaround in the policy, was it economical? Gardiner does not give a straight answer to the question.

Uff ho! :wall: No one is saying Modi is convicted. Razadan asked a simple question to the Gardiner guy - the Supreme Court had not convicted Modi earlier and he was still an elected representative of the people when UK had a policy of his boycott, what changed to elicit a turnaround in the policy, was it economical? Gardiner does not give a straight answer to the question.
Gardiner clearly tells her she has no respect for her own country's supreme court decision. EDIT: supreme court's SIT's clearance came in 2012.

Dude he answered the question. Recently Modi was made PM candidate for India's largest opposition party. UK has a long tradition for calling opposition leaders to make speeches. Believe me there was always no love lost between Rajoy of spain and the UK. Yet even he was called as leader of opposition just before Spannish elections. Its called playing both sides of the fence and it applicable not only to india. Modi would not be called to address the parliament had he not been made leader of opposition (in the eyes of the British MPs) What more does he have to say?

Gardiner clearly tells her she has no respect for her own country's supreme court decision. EDIT: supreme court's SIT's clearance came in 2012.
And after that the same Supreme Court allowed a petition to be filed by Jafri against Modi based on the same SIT report. How is that a clearance?

Time for 65 MPs to send letter to British PM... I don't understand one thing... There are countries which are involved in daily massacre of many innocent muslims by invading various countries... Why no daily rage or trolling against the rulers of those counties?

exactly its an invitation to talk in the house of commons . Based on perception of what the MP's think is the CM candidate for the leading opposition party in Indian democracy. How hard is that to understand? that has been done for many other countries. Even John McCain before he clinched the republican ticket i believe was in london to address the MPs and collect lobbying funds.(not from the MPs)

Well thats the perception. Invitations in the UK are based on perception. technically Merkel in opposition did not even fight an election based on the German system
I didn't know UK diplomacy is carried on basis of perception. Thanks for clarifying. At least the US does not do that - when Biden went to India he met Sushma Swaraj in official capacity, who is the leader of the opposition in the Lok Sabha.