Nidhi Razdan being ripped apart by British MP Barry Gardiner

arun81

NDTV Is Congress news channel.I still roll on ground when i remember vishnu som defend rahul gandhi .But really in this interview the British M.P Tried to hide the real reason which was economic and Modi being a future Pm candidate.

Time for 65 MPs to send letter to British PM... I don't understand one thing... There are countries which are involved in daily massacre of many innocent muslims by invading various countries... Why no daily rage or trolling against the rulers of those counties?
I think this is quite obvious why that is the case.

Uff ho! :wall: No one is saying Modi is convicted. Razadan asked a simple question to the Gardiner guy - the Supreme Court had not convicted Modi earlier and he was still an elected representative of the people when UK had a policy of his boycott, what changed to elicit a turnaround in the policy, was it economical? Gardiner does not give a straight answer to the question.
Why does she need to interrogate foreign leaders when they've inviting one of our leaders ?

Why does she need to interrogate foreign leaders when they've inviting one of our leaders ?
Isn't it a pertinent question to ask these foreign leaders as to what caused a change in their stance, since the same foreign leaders had a unofficial boycott policy against one of our leaders till last year?

Isn't it a pertinent question to ask these foreign leaders as to what caused a change in their stance' date=' since the same foreign leaders had a unofficial boycott policy against one of our leaders till last year?[/quote'] The way she went about it, only when you're working on behalf of the party opposing the invited Minister.

The way she went about it' date=' only when you're working on behalf of the party opposing the invited Minister.[/quote'] Shooting the messenger, in this case Razdan? Look, the journalistic quality that I see on Indian TV is very poor, and I will also concede NDTV has a Congress bias. Nor do I consider Razdan a good anchor or journalist. However, in this case I feel the question was pertinent(asked in the typical confrontational style of Indian TV, which is extremely poor form) and in no way did Gardiner rip apart Razdan, given his entire argument was based on lies and/or misrepresentation of facts.

We don't think of foreign governments as benchmarks for morality and believe that they are acting as per their own interests (economic interests among other interests such as for their own public's sentiment etc). This shouldn't even be an issue for Indians. If he is a CM of an Indian state, all political parties must support the visa grant.

Hell yeah' date=' its not that she asked one question among many which wouldn't be a problem and as you want to portray it, she had an agenda all along, Kyun bulaya Modi ko![/quote'] If Gardiner had answered honestly that the decision was driven by economic interests instead of making up lies, maybe that would have shut her up?

If Gardiner had answered honestly that the decision was driven by economic interests instead of making up lies' date=' maybe that would have shut her up?[/quote'] Nope, she had a single agenda and could revert back saying why economic interests triumphed the supposed doubts on human rights record. This discussion has been going on for the last 11 years but pulling foreign politicians into the mudslinging is a new low.

The questions raised by Nidhi Razdan have been answered in detail by the UK High Commissioner to India nearly 10 months ago. But like the congressi parrot that she is, she brought it up again. Furthermore, this invitation is from the India Group of MPs and not from the British Govt. This is what the British HC had to say last year when he met Narendra Modi.

...... Explaining the rationale behind the decision, Bevan said, "2002 was 10 years ago and in those 10 years many important things have happened. The British government that was elected in 2010 took a decision to deepen and strengthen its relations with India. And if you want to do that you can't ignore one of the most important states in India, which is Gujarat. "Also, in those 10 years, state of Gujarat has grown to became more prosperous and more successful. There are very large number of Gujaratis living now in UK, and Gujarat over the 10 years has become more important to UK," he said. "And in those 10 years legal process has gone forward and has resulted in several convictions and important figures have been found guilty of committing the crime during the 2002 riots including a former member of Gujarat government," he said, adding "I would also like to say that this is increased engagement not the start of the engagement." ........ http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2012-10-22/india/34653021_1_gujarat-voters-narendra-modi-gujarat-cm
The visit by the British HC to Gujarat and his meeting with Narendra Modi and his reasoning was all over the news last year. Does every British official or MP have to repeat this explanation again and again ?

Nope' date=' she had a single agenda and could revert back saying why economic interests triumphed the supposed doubts on human rights record. This discussion has been going on for the last 11 years but pulling foreign politicians into the mudslinging is a new low.[/quote'] Could/should is all hypothetical. Gardiner tried to take the moral high ground himself by putting economic considerations on the backburner and in the process resorted to one lie after another.

Why does anyone who engages with Narendra Modi - a 3 time CM of an Indian state - have to be interrogated like he or she is committing a crime and that too by NDTV, a supposedly neutral (ha ha ha ..) channel ? In this case the explanation has already been given 10 months ago by the UK High Commissioner.

Why does anyone who engages with Narendra Modi - a 3 time CM of an Indian state - have to be interrogated like he or she is committing a crime and that too by NDTV' date=' a supposedly neutral (ha ha ha ..) channel ? In this case the explanation has already been given 10 months ago by the UK High Commissioner.[/quote'] Because that's what journalists get paid to do - they ask questions, many times repetitive, not just in India but around the world, I would guess in UK too. They have no official standing. A MP is in some way representative of a country. Instead of repeating the High Commissioner's explanation or stating that the High Commission has already given the reasons, he resorted to blatant lies and misrepresenting facts. In all this you find a fault with the journalist instead of the lying MP? Amazing!

Because that's what journalists get paid to do - they ask questions' date=' [b']many times repetitive, not just in India but around the world, I would guess in UK too. They have no official standing. A MP is in some way representative of a country. Instead of repeating the High Commissioner's explanation or stating that the High Commission has already given the reasons, he resorted to blatant lies and misrepresenting facts. In all this you find a fault with the journalist instead of the lying MP? Amazing!
Given that NDTV is an Indian channel, one would expect it to actually celebrate the invitation of an Indian CM to speak in the British parliament. Why question something which is clearly in India's interest? Especially if the British High commissioner has already given the explanation. As far as the British MP, I don't care whether he is lying or is misinformed (confusing the SIT with the SC is probably an error of judgment by a foreign MP) as long as he is acting in India's interest.

Because that's what journalists get paid to do - they ask questions, many times repetitive, not just in India but around the world, I would guess in UK too. They have no official standing. A MP is in some way representative of a country. Instead of repeating the High Commissioner's explanation or stating that the High Commission has already given the reasons, he resorted to blatant lies and misrepresenting facts. In all this you find a fault with the journalist instead of the lying MP? Amazing!
You sound like Nidhi Razdan. Seriously how desperate are you ?

karan thapar now interviewing gardiner ,asking questions akin to razdan`s yesterday rather presenting/showcasing the "burqa,puppy" comments.. adam roberts is kinda right in presenting his views on modi,even i think he has been sometimes targeted unfairly and criticized harshly but he has to adopt a neoteric,lithe attitude to transcend his unacceptable figure amongst many in india