Gambhir has signed for Essex for the English county season

StriKe

I think he waited to see if he was part of the A team or team to Zim before making the call. Rutherford at Essex is being called up by Nz creating and opening
Yep, exit of Rutherford opened the windows for Gambhir and Essex fan seem pretty delighted about the signing. BTW, Geebz, after his exit from Essex which club has signed Amla? Surrey?
Or you can watch it on Sky streams. No way I'll miss It.
If Sky shows it will be available on ESS in India. Sky only shows 2 live county games a year, one at the start of the season and one at the end. It doesnt look like there are any more YB 40 games live because the remaining two are around the final Ashes test.

Essex Cricket @ EssexCricket 1h Gambhir will not be available for Finals Day but will be available for selection for the Colchester Cricket Festival whichstarts Tuesday!

Gambhir is expected to make his Essex debut in the LV= County Championship match with Northamptonshire for the Colchester Cricket Festival at Castle Park and will be available for the remaining LV= County Championship and Yorkshire Bank 40 matches of the season. Commenting on the signing Essex Head Coach Paul Grayson said: “We are delighted with the signing of Gautam Gambhir who is a player with pedigree, which has been showcased on the biggest stages in cricket. He will no doubt bring his experience to the squad during an important stage of the season for usin the LV= County Championship and Yorkshire Bank 40 competition.â€
http://www.essexcricket.org.uk/2013/08/15/essex-sign-gautam-gambhir-for-remainder-of-the-season/

@Bleed_Blue- Oh! :good:

If Sky shows it will be available on ESS in India. Sky only shows 2 live county games a year' date=' one at the start of the season and one at the end. It doesnt look like there are any more YB 40 games live because the remaining two are around the final Ashes test.[/quote'] That sucks ! Would have loved to follow it.
gambo going the ganguly way' date='fight his way back into the team..both almost the same years old when they were dropped ,ganguly played some good knocks in the county season in 2005[/quote'] In 2005 when he played county cricket, Dada was still the captain and then went to Zim where he lost his spot. After being dropped, went back to County in 2006, scored 24 runs in 4 FC matches. I hope Gauti does better than that. lol
In recent years only players out of favour with selectors have been given NOC. Murali Karthis is permanently out of favour' date=' so he is an exception to the rule. Only Zaheer, Harabhajan & now possibly Gambhir have been given NOCs in recent years. I guess it also depends on players, Yuvraj could have so easily played county this season after IPL given he wasn't playing any ODI / Tests for India.[/quote'] Well with the load of cricket India play, what do you expect? Counties are most certainly not going to sign people for a match. Fringe players are the ones who will be the ones who are going to be called up. This ties in with releasing players like Rahane to try their hand in the counties. @slickr yes Amla is at Surrey to act as replacement for Smith who is injured. Kane Williamson joined Yorkshire. Its a known fact that Yorkshire were keen on Sachin playing for them. In their 150th year but it did not work out due to Sachins Rajya Sabha commitments plus champions league T20.
In 2005 when he played county cricket, Dada was still the captain and then went to Zim where he lost his spot. After being dropped, went back to County in 2006, scored 24 runs in 4 FC matches. I hope Gauti does better than that. lol
yeah but he scored 144 in the county in 2005 IIRC,he had a terrible home series vs pak in 05 then was dropped from home odi series vs lanka after the zim series,was wrongly dropped after playing decently in tests vs lanka and in pakistan.. if gambo does well here and in ranji,he`ll make a strong case for his inclusion in the next years away cycle
it depended from case to case. i am not saying that BCCI allows everybody to play. But players like Murali Kartick have been given NOCs for a long duration. Only hitch in terms of county cricket in recent times was VVS Laxman. The likes of Sachin Ganguly Zaheer Bhajji Yuvraj Singh have played in county cricket. While Dravid has played for Ireland in the 40 over comp. Zaheer was a hit. Ganguly and Yuvi flopped.
Rahane was another player and we did have a discussion on it too.

Shikhar Dhawan catches the eye at Surrey

Mumbai: Team India’s in-form batsman Shikhar Dhawan has been invited to play for Surrey — the call coming from none other than Alistair Brown, whose record of 268 runs, which he made for Surrey against Glamorgan in 2002, the highest in List A games was under threat on Monday. Dhawan hammered 248 off just 150 balls to steer India A to victory over South Africa A in Pretoria. Speaking exclusively over phone from The Oval, where Brown is now a coach of the second XI of Surrey, he said: “I’ve no doubt Shikhar will have opportunity in the future to target all sorts of records and I look forward to watching those innings. I’m also looking forward to BCCI releasing Shikhar to play for Surrey in next year’s Twenty-20”. “Having seen the scorecard, I feel quite fortunate that my record is still intact,” Brown added. “I didn’t see the game in Pretoria as I am currently coaching the second XI of Surrey CCC and we had a game. I was kept posted it throughout the day via twitter and Indian journalists. It’s good to see the likes of Dhawan and [Ajinkiya] Rahane, who impressed me at the Old Trafford last year, playing with such freedom and class and just shows the depth of talent that India possesses for the coming years. “I feel the success of the IPL has gone a long way to producing this influx of talent that India is now seeing on the world stage,” he added. “As for my 268, I think you have days in your career when you see the ball like a football and on this day in particular, you almost go into autopilot, especially when you’ve gone past 100 and every ball you look for a boundary as the fear of getting out has gone. I certainly didn’t realise the enormity of what I had done until a few days later and the expectation that came with that,” he said about his innings. “Records are there to be broken and I firmly believe that the 203 I scored against Hampshire in 1997 in 40 overs will be broken at some point. 268 does take it to another level but anything is possible if you only believe it. “Some people might look back and say what if for Shikhar’s knock today. I know what that feels like having scored 176 [after 33 overs against Gloucestershire in our recordbreaking team score of 496 in 2007] but you don’t look at the records... you look at how to hit a boundary off the next ball and no further.”

ok thats just not going to happen. No way is the bcci going to release their rising star for the T20 plus surrey have already hit their wage bill quota with Smith in their ranks Rahane to surrey might happen. Assume he does not rot on the benches. As i have said multiple times on the forum. When i went to watch India v England at the Rose bowl the crowd (indians and english fans) were extremely impressed with Rahane