40 Grueling Interview Questions Asked By America's Top Companies

maniac

40.Out of 25 horses, pick the fastest 3 horses. In each race, only 5 horses can run at the same time. What is the minimum number of races required?

6? First they will run in heats of 5 each and top 5 to race off to pick top 3. Is it that simple though?

40.Out of 25 horses' date= pick the fastest 3 horses. In each race, only 5 horses can run at the same time. What is the minimum number of races required?
6? First they will run in heats of 5 each and top 5 to race off to pick top 3. Is it that simple though?
:poink: All the top 3 in one lot might be faster than the rest Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

OK.. I googled.. Floating object will displace the volume equivalent to it's weight :icflove: Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
Equivalent or proportional ?:winky: You are completely discounting buoyancy by this logic.. If an elephant completely displaces water equivalent to its weight, then it has zero buoyancy which not possible according to the basic laws of fluid dynamics.

I don't think Archimedes principle helps here...A 1000 pound elephant or a 10' date='000 pound elephant with same volume as 1000 pound elephant will displace equal volume of water if completely submerged. And thats not even the principle, that is just common sense.[/quote'] But it will help if the elephant floats.. That's what the Greek guy said Looks like it ll displace proportionately Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

:poink: All the top 3 in one lot might be faster than the rest Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
6 You race 1st 5.Place horse that was 3rd in the 1st race in all the other races. Since its the minimum, you assume that that horse always wins. So you need another 5 to race the remaining 20 horses and weed them out. But these questions are stupid because you always assume a whole lot of stuff such as not having a stopwatch or that the horses always run the same time or fatigue not coming into play.

This is what I ask of my B and C levels. If the company has come to a point where a certain change in direction is to be made, that causes uncertainty and lands it on a a precipice , when there are enormous fortunes to be made, yet the risk is high and the fall catastrophic. Will you stay or will you bail. Why or why?