Vengsarkar's comments came at wrong time: Rajput

beetle

Indian team's manager Lalchand Rajput on Sunday reacted to chief selector Dilip Vengsarkar's warning to senior players, saying the outburst was unwarranted in the middle of a series. Vengsarkar, in an apparent dig at the senior players who have failed to impress in the series so far, told a Mumbai-based daily that young players are waiting for their chance in the Indian team and "nobody can take their place for granted". Rajput said such comments could affect the mindset of players when they had crucial matches ahead of them. "I think it was a wrong statement during the series because it really affects players and I am sure he knows about it. This is not done during a series," Rajput told a television channel on the eve of the fourth ODI against Australia in Chandigarh. Rajput, however, said the players are focusing on their game and not thinking about Vengsarkar's comments. "But we have not thinking about that. We are just focusing on our game and have concentrated on the series game by game," he said. India is trailing 0-2 in the seven-match series after the first match was washed out due to rains in Bangalore http://ia.rediff.com/cricket/2007/oct/07rajput.htm

Another faux-paus by Vengrarkar. I think he is so over-awed by the fact that he is the chief selector that he feels the need to come up with intermittent announcements to the press. BCCI should have a code of conduct for the players and officials as far the press is concerned.

The man needs to seriously shut the hell up! He should pick and drop people if he thinks that's right. Why does he have this need to have a mike in his mouth all the time?He is the chief selector ...not the spokesperson of the selection team.
Whatever that gets him on the news i suppose. I can distinctly recollect him having a public go at Sehwag , Munaf , Powar and now the seniors. But its good that the selectors are now seriously contemplating giving the boot for the Bhooda-Brigade.

Indian cricket is at the control of the Maharashtra coterie. These guys own Indian cricket and can say or do whatever the hell they want. And I am sure Vengsarkar's comments were directed at Dravid as Ganguly hasn't batted this series and SRT is of course from ...

Yes of course Vengsarkar's outburst came at a wrong time. How dare he talk about the Seniors when they are still within the team? Doesnt he, like Sachin bhakts, realize how Sachin played in 1990s?? Doesnt he realize that this guy was named as Bradman as the one who played like him? Did he forget how Sachin played in Sharjah and created Desert Storm yada yada yada. Sachin, as is Dravid and Ganguly, are getting exactly what they deserve, specially Sachin. For 2-3 years now experts have been calling for his retirements, then slowly his fan base dwindled followed by repeated humiliation on field. Be it getting hit in the head repeatedly or making small time spinners look ominuous Sachin has done it all it past 2 years. The final humiliation came at the hands of Ponting who suggested he would want Sachin to play as he knows his game. Smarter captains, with better teams, like Border/Taylor and Waugh have never ever dared talk like that about Sachin and the reason Ponting said that was because he knew he could get away with it...and didnt he? Humiliation complete, now BCCI chairman is asking for his head. Serves you right SRT. xxx

Yes of course Vengsarkar's outburst came at a wrong time. How dare he talk about the Seniors when they are still within the team?
Utter tosh. He is the chairman of selectors. If he doesn't think someone deserves a spot in the side, boot him out through the selection meetings. Why go about spouting rubbish to the media?

Lurker...your post totally misses the point. Vengsarkar is the chief selector. He is responsible for the team he selects...if he had so much conviction he should have dumped the seniors when the team selection was done. He is not being paid to criticize publicly the very players he selected, midway a big series when we are already down 2-0. Talk about not doing your job properly and then passing the buck.

Yes of course Vengsarkar's outburst came at a wrong time. How dare he talk about the Seniors when they are still within the team? Doesnt he, like Sachin bhakts, realize how Sachin played in 1990s?? Doesnt he realize that this guy was named as Bradman as the one who played like him? Did he forget how Sachin played in Sharjah and created Desert Storm yada yada yada. Sachin, as is Dravid and Ganguly, are getting exactly what they deserve, specially Sachin. For 2-3 years now experts have been calling for his retirements, then slowly his fan base dwindled followed by repeated humiliation on field. Be it getting hit in the head repeatedly or making small time spinners look ominuous Sachin has done it all it past 2 years. The final humiliation came at the hands of Ponting who suggested he would want Sachin to play as he knows his game. Smarter captains, with better teams, like Border/Taylor and Waugh have never ever dared talk like that about Sachin and the reason Ponting said that was because he knew he could get away with it...and didnt he? Humiliation complete, now BCCI chairman is asking for his head. Serves you right SRT. xxx
Lurker and his agenda :finger: Sachin, till the last game, was our MVP in 2007. Yuvraj just pipped him with that knock. As of now, its UV Sachin Dhoni http://www.rediff.com/cricket/2007/oct/06stats.htm "People who question Sachin Tendulkar's form are mad," Ganguly said in an interview yesterday.
Lurker...your post totally misses the point. Vengsarkar is the chief selector. He is responsible for the team he selects...if he had so much conviction he should have dumped the seniors when the team selection was done. He is not being paid to criticize publicly the very players he selected' date= midway a big series when we are already down 2-0. Talk about not doing your job properly and then passing the buck.
Not gonna happen Mandrake. Simple fact is that SRT is going to get picked so long as he is available. Now you can try to address that as much as you want with a "Let Selector not pick him" but which Selector is gonna touch him? So long as this failing geriatric shows up with comments like, "I am still enjoying my game" he is a certainty in Indian team. End of story. What is it that SRT doesnt understand? That he is no-more the same player he once was? That he has not been given 1-2 series but almost 3-4 years to recuperate from those "injuries"? That he is not in top 15 batsman, in both LOI and Test format, for years now. That he is consistently failing against top teams?? I am not even gonna try defend Vengsarkar since he is a retard in my book but SRT has brought this on himself. If this is the way it has to be done(to drop him) I have no problems with it. xxxx
Lurker and his agenda :finger: Sachin, till the last game, was our MVP in 2007. Yuvraj just pipped him with that knock. As of now, its UV Sachin Dhoni http://www.rediff.com/cricket/2007/oct/06stats.htm "People who question Sachin Tendulkar's form are mad," Ganguly said in an interview yesterday.
About a year or so back I had written that the problem for Sachin would NOT come from his detractors/critics but from those who choose to worship him and can't see the writing on the wall. Since then he has been asked to retire by experts(both Indians and non-Indians), have certainly seen an erosion in his fan base, has been publicly reputed by Aussie captain(while on tour of India mind you) and now has the Chairman of his board asking indirectly to pull up his socks or else... Humiliation complete. :finger:
About a year or so back I had written that the problem for Sachin would NOT come from his detractors/critics but from those who choose to worship him and can't see the writing on the wall. Since then he has been asked to retire by experts(both Indians and non-Indians), have certainly seen an erosion in his fan base, has been publicly reputed by Aussie captain(while on tour of India mind you) and now has the Chairman of his board asking indirectly to pull up his socks or else... Humiliation complete. :finger:
Kaika humiliation? He was the MVP of the team till the last game. As of now, he is #2. As of now, he is the highest rated Indian batsman, in ODI cricket, rated in at #12 internationally. Agenda exposed, Humiliation started :finger:
Kaika humiliation? He was the MVP of the team till the last game. As of now, he is #2. As of now, he is the highest rated Indian batsman, in ODI cricket, rated in at #12 internationally. Agenda exposed, Humiliation started :finger:
:hysterical::hysterical: MVP of Indian team :hysterical::hysterical: Lets see who am I going to pick ahead of SRT without blinking an eye today. Yuvraj Singh Dhoni Zaheer Khan RP Singh All youngsters and noone part of the Buddha brigade woohoo :mail::mail: yeah you can keep cooking all those ratings thanks to mindless innings against a Pollock depleted South Africa and a two-bit English team. Fact is SRT is over the hill and either you, and he, get used to it OR feel free to read statements like this from Chairman of BCCI. xxx
:hysterical::hysterical: MVP of Indian team :hysterical::hysterical: Lets see who am I going to pick ahead of SRT without blinking an eye today. Yuvraj Singh Dhoni Zaheer Khan RP Singh All youngsters and noone part of the Buddha brigade woohoo :mail::mail: yeah you can keep cooking all those ratings thanks to mindless innings against a Pollock depleted South Africa and a two-bit English team. Fact is SRT is over the hill and either you, and he, get used to it OR feel free to read statements like this from Chairman of BCCI. xxx
Pollock depleted South Africa? Dude, i dont know how to break this to you, but pollock has been dropped... Also, Vengy = Chairman of BCCI? And you're talking about humiliation?:eyedance:
Pollock depleted South Africa? Dude, i dont know how to break this to you, but pollock has been dropped... Also, Vengy = Chairman of BCCI? And you're talking about humiliation?:eyedance:
Has been dropped? Are we playing South Africa currently? :hysterical: And yes vengy is chief selector, my mistake there. So HS as a Sachin fan what were you expecting when Ponting suggested that "I would much rather face Sachin(and oldies) because we know their game"...and how has SRT's performance been thus far? Also considering he would be dropped/rested(as per vengsarkar's previous comment) what do you think should SRT do to make this series a success overall(for him). Lets see what your expectation is of the man. xxx