Syria chemical weapons allegations

gs

US will be self sufficient in fuel by 2020 thanks to shale gas. They are messing up syria only due to the strong israeli lobby who wanna lessen Iran's influence in middle east.
Syria unfortunately is a victim of Geo-Politics. USA wants Assad gone to weaken Iran and off-course this is in line with what Israel wants as well. Israel's picture perfect scenario is America bombing Hezbollah. USA really has no business whatsoever getting involved in this. This is a war for their 'allies'. Europe, wants Assad gone, so that they can buy gas directly from GCC countries thereby bypassing Russia, who now supplies them with most of their natural gas. Assad is a member of the Iraq-Iran alliance. These folks too have tons of gas and are strong Russian allies. So the game-plan is to oust Assad, build a pipeline from Syria onwards to Turkey and Cyprus and fro there into Europe. The GCC country which will benefit the most from this pipeline is none other than Qatar. And that is basically why innocent Syrians are dying today. It's all about economics. Poor Assad he's pretty much taking on the the world's greatest war lobby. He doesn't stand much of a chance.

I doubt if innocent victims in Afghanistan' date=' Iraq, Iran, Pakistan, East Timor, Nicargua,Cambodia, Vietnam, Cuba, Palestine and list goes on and on would agree with that assessment. I love a lot of things about the country, but greatest is not the word I would use. It is a terrorist nation by the very definition of it.[/quote'] So true. USA is a phenomenal country, the land of the free, but is so fast going to the dogs it's scary. Needless to say their military and their government have gone completely rogue.

It is hypocritical to enjoy the fruits of military conquest while shedding tears for the innocent victims and calling the military rogue.
This obviously does not apply to europe. Europe never acted like america and does not act like america to secure its riches. It's all hard work and goodwill of other nations.

This obviously does not apply to europe. Europe never acted like america and does not act like america to secure its riches. It's all hard work and goodwill of other nations.
Sarcasm?? or you have not read history books?

I wonder who on this forum enjoy's the fruits of American military conquest. :blink::blink::blink:
People of Afghanistan, students who had to count One Saddam, two Saddam, ... in Iraq, Western Europe post WWII, people of Kosovo, ...

The strike will come or else the credibility of the US president goes to hell with respect to being the cop in the middle east. I'm guessing team Obama is waiting for verification from UN inspectors as well as get some domestic approvals this time.

The strike will come or else the credibility of the US president goes to hell with respect to being the cop in the middle east. I'm guessing team Obama is waiting for verification from UN inspectors as well as get some domestic approvals this time.
Its a good point that you make but I am guessing they won't attack as of now. Its a wise decision and will be seen as such by friendly nations.

Strike is imminent. France' date=' US will go ahead. heard on NPR.[/quote'] It's just not worth it. Let them kill each other off and then do business with the winner. It's hard to say which one is worse, a dictatorship like Assad/Mubarak or an alternative like Islamic Brotherhood/Islamic Front. So let it just play out. It's a special place in the world where people love to stay in the medieval ages!

Well there goes my tax dollars B->B->

^^ I get the arguement about 'why now finally?' But, why not now?? Yes, a lot of people have been killed.. but if US had gone two years back.. some of the same critics would have criticized even then.. If US dont act now, Chemical weapons will be used fairly easily by other rogue govts too.. In a way, I wanna say 'F*** it' and let them fight their own war and kill each other.. but then there is humanitarian angle as well.. Btw.. Russia is saying they will attack Saudis (US allies) and Iran is saying they will attack Israel IF USA go ahead with millitary action against Syria.. Given this scenario, i would say let inspectors come back and give their report.. if clear evidence then GO for it..

What credibility? For a nation that has used agent orange which has resulted in around 300,000 civilian deaths and many more children being born with defects, not to mention the hectares of Vietnamese arable land contaminated for generations to come, taking a moral stand on others using chemical weapons is hypocritical. How did the US punish the war criminals who conceived of this barbaric stratagem? They elevate the general/air marshal to the rank of chief of staff after the war. No US president has any credibility, when the justification for attacking another sovereign nation is chemical weapons/WMDs.

If US dont act now, Chemical weapons will be used fairly easily by other rogue govts too..
The rogue government of the USA used chemical weapons on Vietnamese civilians. Now the rogues are playing cop? PS: this is not a defense of the Syrian regime. Its just that the US has no business interfering on 'humanitarian' grounds, when the US government itself has committed the same chemical offenses on a 100x scale.