Siddle a veggie

Intrestingly siddle became a veggie a while back to get back in aussie team and improve. Lost 10 kg and look at him now. Bowls with stamina and power. I personally am not a veggie. But does it not show meat is overhyped as requirenmet to be fast bowler? Or is it a case of that having meat is good up to certain age but then becoming veggoe is better. What made him become a veggie as would have though all sports scientists would have told him lean meat was essential

Veggie IMO is a vague term. If you look at the typical diets of Indians its severely lacking in protein. There is plenty of carbohydrates and plenty of roughage and vegetables. What you need is a source of protein. Plant protein >>>>> Animal protein in terms of quality. So long as Siddle for example eats plenty of pulses which are packed with protein. He should be in fitter shape in his counterparts. Maybe rather than saying veggie we should say Siddle make a move to a pulse based diet. What many western people do is they try to become veggies and that leads them to shun proteins without a proper substitute.

Veggie IMO is a vague term. If you look at the typical diets of Indians its severely lacking in protein. There is plenty of carbohydrates and plenty of roughage and vegetables. What you need is a source of protein. Plant protein >>>>> Animal protein in terms of quality. So long as Siddle for example eats plenty of pulses which are packed with protein. He should be in fitter shape in his counterparts. Maybe rather than saying veggie we should say Siddle make a move to a pulse based diet. What many western people do is they try to become veggies and that leads them to shun proteins without a proper substitute.
That is your perception - I don't think experts would back that up. Also, you have not specified what "quality" is.
That is your perception - I don't think experts would back that up. Also' date=' you have not specified what "quality" is.[/quote'] better absorption rate for one. As animal proteins are harder to break down and digest causing issues for the liver. Most experts in the magazines i read have indeed formed my opinion. they seemed to be sold on plant protein over animal protein. Obviously with plant protein you need various types in your diet. I would not substitute animal protein with just one type of plant protein. Rather a series of different legumes. Only downside is that you need to consume vast quantiles of these legumes compared to meat which has a high % of protein in it. So you need to be more dedicated. This is exactly why i am not a veggie. Its just easier to eat some meat as a protein source. Btw i must ask, is Siddle Vegan or vegetarian. In the UK most people who claim to be veggies eat fish.
better absorption rate for one. As animal proteins are harder to break down and digest causing issues for the liver. Most experts in the magazines i read have indeed formed my opinion. they seemed to be sold on plant protein over animal protein. Obviously with plant protein you need various types in your diet. I would not substitute animal protein with just one type of plant protein. Rather a series of different legumes. Only downside is that you need to consume vast quantiles of these legumes compared to meat which has a high % of protein in it. So you need to be more dedicated. This is exactly why i am not a veggie. Its just easier to eat some meat as a protein source. Btw i must ask, is Siddle Vegan or vegetarian. In the UK most people who claim to be veggies eat fish.
If that is your criteria for protein "quality", you couldn't be more wrong. In fact, animal proteins are more "complete" than plant protein. Why? Because the amino acid profiles derived from animal protein are more readily available for the human body protein making actions. I can quote multiple credible studies for this, here are some of them.
Animal based proteins, of course, are much more similar to our proteins, thus are used more readily and rapidly than plant proteins. That is, 'substrate' amino acids derived from animal based proteins are more readily available for our own protein synthesizing reactions which allows them to operate at full tilt. Plant proteins are somewhat compromised by their limitation of one or more amino acids. When we restore the relatively deficient amino acid in a plant protein, we get a response rate equivalent to animal proteins.
http://www.tcolincampbell.org/courses-resources/article/animal-vs-plant-protein/
Some of the protein you eat contains all the amino acids needed to build new proteins. This kind is called complete protein. Animal sources of protein tend to be complete. Other protein sources lack one or more “essential” amino acids—that is, amino acids that the body can’t make from scratch or create by modifying another amino acid. Called incomplete proteins, these usually come from fruits, vegetables, grains, and nuts.
http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/protein-full-story/
Animal protein is considered to be a more “complete” protein. What do I mean by that? Protein from things such as chicken or beef contain all the necessary amino acids our body needs to make new protein since animal proteins are most similar to the ones found in our body. Proteins from plant sources such as soy or vegetables generally do not contain all of the essential amino acids that our body needs.
http://www.mnn.com/food/healthy-eating/questions/animal-or-vegetable-the-truth-about-protein Note - the above references are only to show that there is no conclusive evidence to show plant protein >> animal protein like you said earlier.