West Indies A tour of India, 2013

Chandan

WICB announce West Indies A squads for tour of India St John's (Antigua): Aug 28, 2013 The West Indies Cricket Board has announced ‘A’ team squads to tour India next month for Tests, one-dayers and Twenty20 matches. Kirk Edwards will lead the side in the three Tests against India A and Kieran Powell will captain the side in the three one-day and one T20 matches that will precede the Tests, a WICB statement said on Monday. Edwards will be leading the side again, following a home series against Sri Lanka A in June this year, when West Indies A drew a two-Test series before clinching a three-match one-day series 2-1 and a two-match T20 series 1-0. "It's a great honour to captain the West Indies at any level and I'm looking forward to the trip to India," Edwards said. "In addition to the honour there is great responsibility and, as one of the most experienced members of the squad, I know I will have a very important leadership role to perform on and off the field." Powell is seeking to regain his place in the senior West Indies side after injury forced him to miss the ICC Champions Trophy 2013, the One-Day International (ODI) tri-series with India and Sri Lanka, and the home series against Pakistan before making his return in the just-ended Twenty20 Caribbean Premier League (CPL). "This upcoming tour of India will be a challenging one, but as players we know it is a great opportunity to represent the West Indies and look to do well on the international stage," said the left-handed opener. "I played in India before and it's a great place for cricket with the crowds, the atmosphere and the level of competition. We anticipate a good, competitive series." West Indies A , led by Veerasammy Permaul, prevailed over India A in a home series in June last year, when they won a three-Test series 2-1 and followed up with 1-1 drawn series in the one-day and T20 formats. Test squad: Kirk Edwards ©, Kieran Powell, Kraigg Brathwaite, Jonathan Carter, Sheldon Cottrell, Miguel Cummins, Narsingh Deonarine, Assad Fudadin, Jahmar Hamilton, Delorn Johnson, Leon Johnson, Nikita Miller, Veerasammy Permaul, Shane Shillingford, Chadwick Walton. One-day and Twenty20 squad: Kieran Powell ©, Veerasammy Permaul, Ronsford Beaton, Nkrumah Bonner, Jonathan Carter, Sheldon Cottrell, Miguel Cummins, Narsingh Deonarine, Kirk Edwards, Andre Fletcher, Leon Johnson, Nikita Miller, Ashley Nurse, Andre Russell, Devon Thomas. Fixtures: Sun Sep 15 09:00 IST 1st unofficial ODI M Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bangalore Tue Sep 17 09:00 IST 2nd unofficial ODI M Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bangalore Thu Sep 19 09:00 IST 3rd unofficial ODI M Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bangalore Sat Sep 21 Only T20I Match M Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bangalore Wed Sep 25 - Sat Sep 28 09:30 IST 1st unofficial Test Gangothri Glades Cricket Ground, Mysore Wed Oct 2 - Sat Oct 5 09:30 IST 2nd unofficial Test Jawaharlal Nehru National College of Engineering Ground, Shimoga Wed Oct 9 - Sat Oct 12 09:30 IST 3rd unofficial Test KSCA Hubli Cricket Ground, Hubli

Kieran Powell named West Indies A limited-overs captain

Kieran Powell top-scored for Antigua with 38, Antigua Hawksbills v Jamaica Tallawahs, Caribbean Premier League 2013, Providence, August 4, 2013 Kieran Powell is on his way back from injury © Getty Images Enlarge Related Links Players/Officials: Kieran Powell | Kirk Edwards Series/Tournaments: Sri Lanka A tour of West Indies Kieran Powell takes over from Kirk Edwards as captain of the West Indies A one-day team, for the tour of India in September. Edwards will continue to lead the team in the first-class format on the tour. Powell, the opening batsman who has played 15 Tests and 19 ODIs, is making his way back from injury. He had to sit out the Champions Trophy and the home series against Pakistan, before making a return to international cricket in the recently-concluded Caribbean Premier League. Powell said he was up for the challenges the tour would provide: "I played in India before and it's a great place for cricket with the crowds, the atmosphere and the level of competition. We anticipate a good, competitive series. I'm eager and confident as we prepare for the tour and I know all the other players are as well." West Indies A's previous series was at home, against Sri Lanka A in June, when they drew the unofficial Tests and won in both limited-overs formats. Edwards had led the team in the four-day and 50-over matches in that series. Edwards said he was confident the side could do as well in the India series: "As one of the most experienced members of the squad, I know I will have a very important leadership role to perform on and off the field. We played well against Sri Lanka A earlier this year and we expect to do very well against India A as well." India and West Indies A teams had previously met last summer, when India toured the Caribbean. Then, the hosts won the unofficial Tests and the limited-overs series finished all square. Now, West Indies will play one T20 and three ODIs, followed by the first-class games, in India. First-class squad: Kirk Edwards (capt), Kieran Powell (vice-capt), Kraigg Brathwaite, Jonathan Carter, Sheldon Cottrell, Miguel Cummins, Narsingh Deonarine, Assad Fudadin, Jahmar Hamilton, Delorn Johnson, Leon Johnson, Nikita Miller, Veerasammy Permaul, Shane Shillingford, Chadwick Walton Limited-overs squad: Kieran Powell (capt), Veerasammy Permaul (vice-capt), Ronsford Beaton, Nkrumah Bonner, Jonathan Carter, Sheldon Cottrell, Miguel Cummins, Narsingh Deonarine, Kirk Edwards, Andre Fletcher, Leon Johnson, Nikita Miller, Ashley Nurse, Andre Russell, Devon Thomas
http://www.espncricinfo.com/westindies/content/story/666057.html

Will be interesting to see who gets picked for the India A squad for this series. Many of the main A squad players will be playing the CLT20 - Dhawan, Vijay, Rohit, Raina, Rahane, DK, Rayudu, Saha, Binny. Thats the entire batting unit, so perhaps the batsmen playing vs NZ A may get another chance. May also open the door for Gauti after his county 100

India A squad for West Indies series announced : Yuvi to captain one day team India A for 1st 4-day vs WI : Pujara © Jiwanjot KL Rahul MJuneja Paliwal Khadiwale Rasool Bhargav Pandey Shami Dinda Motwani(W) Dhawal Dogra India A for 2nd/3rd 4-day games vs WI A: Pujara © Gambhir Sehwag Jackson Nayar Dogra U Kaul(W) Rasool Bhargav Dhawal Zaheer Pandey Shami Kaif INDIA A for 3 ODs/1T20 v WI A: Yuvi © Unmukt Uthappa Aparajith Jadhav Naman (W) Yusuf Irfan Unadkat PK Narwal Nadeem Mandeep Rahul Sharma