DHOOM:3 TEASER - Aamir Khan | Abhishek Bachchan | Katrina

rkt.india

SRK has just 4-5 emotions,he keeps playing over and over again kinda like Adam Sandler......Maybe he should stick to playing a loser like one of his better movies Yes Boss and KHKN. Aamir might not be a great actor but definetely should be rated alone for bringing us some of our best movies which we can be proud of at an international level. Lagaan,1947-earth,Sarfarosh were both the movie and the performances were top notch where as M.N.I.K was just an embarassment.Chak de was decent but it was the hockey team that carried the movie.Swades was good but again same ol same ol in terms of his performance.
This shows that you are filled with blind hatred towards srk,agreed aamir is a fine actor and you forgot to mention rdb and 3 idiots as well,to call chak de a decent movie,shows your lack of knowledge ,it was one of the best movie on sports in India,touching far more serious issues in India like regionalism,cultural discrimination , religious discrimination and ofcourse inequality ,you said the movie was carried by hockey team,but who was the binding force behind them,tell me one thing,what do people say when India wins matches,chak de India or hey Bahia Bhai lagaan,in my honest opinion chak de was far more impactful than lagaan,swadesh wasn't a same ol same ol performance,it shows what kind of problems are present in Indian society and how a person tries to tackle it with his determination,why is MNIK an embarrassment ,was aamir trying to copy momento or Tamil gajini,no he didn't ,rain man is a totally different movie to mnik,srk's performance in paheli is hugely underrated.

This shows that you are filled with blind hatred towards srk' date='agreed aamir is a fine actor and you forgot to mention rdb and 3 idiots as well,to call chak de a decent movie,shows your lack of knowledge ,it was one of the best movie on sports in India,touching far more serious issues in India like regionalism,cultural discrimination , religious discrimination and ofcourse inequality ,you said the movie was carried by hockey team,but who was the binding force behind them,tell me one thing,what do people say when India wins matches,chak de India or hey Bahia Bhai lagaan,in my honest opinion chak de was far more impactful than lagaan,swadesh wasn't a same ol same ol performance,it shows what kind of problems are present in Indian society and how a person tries to tackle it with his determination,why is MNIK an embarrassment ,was aamir trying to copy momento or Tamil gajini,no he didn't ,rain man is a totally different movie to mnik,srk's performance in paheli is hugely underrated.[/quote'] Firstly I didn't mention 3idiots because it was by no means a perfect movie,I am no arty types but I will tell you the movie was ridiculously entertaining despite both Aamir and Madhavan Looked like uncles than college students.Having said that there were some bad SRK movies which I have thoroughly enjoyed like Chamatkar. Now as far as Chakde and Lagaan goes,Chakde might have been one of the better sports dramas made in India where as Lagaan is rated as one of the best sports ever movies made internationally,Chak de cannot even touch it. As far impact goes,no one cares about women's sports leave alone Hockey and that is a harsh fact,even though the msg in the movie was good.I bet I and you have heard the phrase Chak de way before the movie .Now Lagaan is rated as a masterpiece.Anyone could have played both SRK and Aamir's roles in the respective movies and probably might have done a way better job .As far as Aamir's involvement in Lagaan goes, to make it the classic it has become is commendable and has his stamp all over it. Chak de was a Yashraj and the director's movie along with SRK and Hockey team where as Lagaan has aamir's stamp all over it.As far as impact goes,more abcd's have learnt about cricket watching Lagaan than ever-yes it's an overstatement but i have heard Personal stories to back that up. Btw the song baar baar haan is associated with any underdog in sports and is as popular as Chak de India which is not even associated with the movie anymore. As far as MNIK and Rainman comparison goes,I have said that was only in terms of Acting.The characters were similar,If you have seen both movies there wont even be a debate who is the winner there...I will end the comparison at that.MNIK was supposed to be a movie against sterotypes but in the process it itself was a sterotype of how the west perceives every Muslim.I am not denying racism exists but the way they highlighted a few racist incidents and made it seem like everyone in U.S have the same view is Lol worthy.It's a joke of a movie leave alone a classic. PS-On a side note I have realised when I am tipsy the words flow smoothly :two_thumbs_up:

Lagaan

Lagaan (translation: "land tax") is a 2001 epic Bollywood musical sports drama film, written and directed by Ashutosh Gowariker. The film starred Aamir Khan who had also produced it. It was released in India on June 15, 2001.[1] Made on a budget of INR25 Crore,[2] Lagaan grossed INR57.8 Crore[3] (US$12.37 million)[4] worldwide, making it a box office success. The film also received a high critical acclaim and accumulated an approval rating of 95% on the review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes.[5] Lagaan earned nominations in different categories for various Indian film awards, and was victorious on multiple occasions. The film won a total of eight National Film Awards,[6] eight Filmfare Awards,[7] nine IIFA Awards,[8] eight Zee Cine Awards,[9] and eight Screen Awards.[10] Lagaan was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film at the 74th Academy Awards.[11] It became the third Hindi-language film to be nominated in the category (after Mother India in 1958[12] and Salaam Bombay! in 1989[13]). However, it lost the award to the Bosnian war film No Man's Land.[14] The film also won awards in film festivals of Portland,[15] Leeds,[16] Bergen,[17] and Locarno.[18] Channel 4 listed Lagaan at no.14, in its list of "Top 50 Films to See Before you Die", and was the only Indian film to be listed.[19] In 2010, the film was ranked no.55 in Empire magazine's list of "The 100 Best Films of World Cinema".[20] In 2011, it was listed in Time magazine's list of "The All-Time 25 Best Sports Movies".[21][22]
Chak De
Chak De! India is a 2007 Indian woman's sports film about the Indian Women's National Hockey Team, directed by Shimit Amin, produced by Yash Raj Films, and with a screenplay by Jaideep Sahni, and action by Rob Miller. It stars Shahrukh Khan and the Chak De Girls. Chak De India has won numerous awards including eight for Best Film from: The Apsara Film & Television Producers Guild, The Australian Indian Film Festival, The Billie Awards, The International Indian Film Academy Awards (IIFA), The Star Screen Awards, The UNFPA-Laadli Media Awards, The V. Shantaram Awards, and The Zee Cine Awards. It also the received National Film Award for Best Popular Film Providing Wholesome Entertainment[1] On 30 August 2007, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences requested a copy of the Chak De India script for a place in the Margaret Herrick library.[2]
:hysterical:

^ Amir has made great movies and should be respected for that. But his own performances have never been ground breaking. TZP role was cakewalk for any decent actor. Where as I have mostly seen SRK carrying crappy scripts and some really crappy direction on his own and turning them into hits.

Whoa in case you don't know TZP was the brain child of amol gupte(stainley ka dabba),from which he was unfairly kicked out,ask any person sane that is not maniac ,which movie has more impact and weightage ,lagan or chak de,agreed ra one was crap,but to be honest,so was talaash as well and ra one patheticness credit goes to mushtaq sheikh,that idiot screwed the script pretty badly,The other reason is west prefer those movies,which shows india as poor country,eg slumdog millionaire ,if awards were critirea of best,than mother India should have won Oscar In 1950's,but it didn'.

The sorry thing about this argument is your blind hatred for srk has reached to such height that to demean him' date='you don't care about our national game which is in sorry state and our women sports as well.[/quote'] Oye....where did I demean hockey and women's sports...read what I said again...That was in response to you saying that Chak de has had all kinds of impact on SPorts in India.....Read it again removing your SRK Fan boy glasses... I said Lagaan might have added a little populartiy to cricket than CHak de has ever done for anything. Also you talking about the west loving Poor and illetrate Indians...stop being a self-sympathising Indian and look at it purely in terms of good cinema. SOundtrack,Costumes,Cinematography,Performances in Lagaan were head and shoulders above Chak de purely in terms of Filmmaking. Also I never said SRK is greater than Aamir in terms of just acting...In terms of overall taste in films Aamir is leagues above SRK.Beleive me I bet even SRK behind his ego would say the same thing. On Topic Dhoom 3 might be a bad movie though :sad: but can't be worse than Chennai Express or Raone. Even their choice of TV -Compare the KBC with SRK and the other show he did ,the smarter than 5th grader Indian version were a joke compared to Satyameva Jayate. Srk is like WWE-A brand that makes a lot money but will neither be respcted as an entertainment powerhouse or a real sport where as Aamir is like a real student of cinema

Oye....where did I demean hockey and women's sports...read what I said again...That was in response to you saying that Chak de has had all kinds of impact on SPorts in India.....Read it again removing your SRK Fan boy glasses... I said Lagaan might have added a little populartiy to cricket than CHak de has ever done for anything. Also you talking about the west loving Poor and illetrate Indians...stop being a self-sympathising Indian and look at it purely in terms of good cinema. SOundtrack,Costumes,Cinematography,Performances in Lagaan were head and shoulders above Chak de purely in terms of Filmmaking. Also I never said SRK is greater than Aamir in terms of just acting...In terms of overall taste in films Aamir is leagues above SRK.Beleive me I bet even SRK behind his ego would say the same thing. On Topic Dhoom 3 might be a bad movie though :sad: but can't be worse than Chennai Express or Raone. Even their choice of TV -Compare the KBC with SRK and the other show he did ,the smarter than 5th grader Indian version were a joke compared to Satyameva Jayate. Srk is like WWE-A brand that makes a lot money but will neither be respcted as an entertainment powerhouse or a real sport where as Aamir is like a real student of cinema
This just shows your blind hatred towards him,what's taste you are talking about,you said chak de didn't have the impact on Indian sports ,the title song of that movie chak de is in itself unofficial anthem of sports in India including cricket and by taking credits for others work ,if you call that taste then yes aamir is in league of it own,can't believe how amol gupte must have felt,when he was robbed in TZP,no director has ever repeated aamir in his movie again,barring few,regarding chak de and lagaan,costumes,yes,cinematography may be, but performance wise kabir khan was more powerful and impactful character then bhuvan,also the title track of chak de is far more inspirational then any song in lagaan,I agree in tv though,but SJ itself was a rip off oprah Winfrey ,I feel aap ki kachahri of Kiran bedi better than any talk show along with zindagi live,the problem with srk is he only works with those directors ,with whom he feel comfortable,which in itself is a big disadvantage,that is not the case with aamir,slowly srk also is reaching towards new directors ,which is a good sign,I also feel his best is yet to come acting wise,I like both srk and aamir by the way,but I don't like aamir as a person.

Hanging from a ladder but uses both hands to shoot - what a "teaser" ! yMH8QOt.png
:hysterical::hysterical:
I think so. SRK can act as 'non SRK' and he has in films like Chak De India for instance. Swades too. Makes a good villain' date=' I still think Asoka is a hugely underrated performance[/quote'] I was talking about his recent movies, after Chak De(released in 2007) his work has been very ordinary. Priyanka did a better job of playing an autistic person in Barfi.

:hysterical::hysterical: I was talking about his recent movies, after Chak De(released in 2007) his work has been very ordinary. Priyanka did a better job of playing an autistic person in Barfi.
Seriously? She was the worst in the movie. The actors who actually perform such characters spent ages with them. Hoffman took his method acting so far that he was in the character even when they were not shooting the movie. Not just us but basically most people in the theaters were having a laugh at her performance.

I agree with Slicker about Ranbir Kapoor. He has the natural screen presence and at the same time comes across as having enacted a scene and role by trying to become a part of the character. In some ways, he has the positives of both Shahrukh(natural flair) and Aamir Khan(trying to capture the character). Given his ability, I have been disappointed with his choice of films but it's still early days for him where probably his focus is on becoming a star rather than an actor. But I won't be surprised if 10-15 years later he is acknowledged as one of the best actors from Bollywood, with some very meaningful roles to back up his resume.

I agree with Slicker about Ranbir Kapoor. He has the natural screen presence and at the same time comes across as having enacted a scene and role by trying to become a part of the character. In some ways, he has the positives of both Shahrukh(natural flair) and Aamir Khan(trying to capture the character). Given his ability, I have been disappointed with his choice of films but it's still early days for him where probably his focus is on becoming a star rather than an actor. But I won't be surprised if 10-15 years later he is acknowledged as one of the best actors from Bollywood, with some very meaningful roles to back up his resume.
Yeah, I don't see any other reason on why he would act in such dumb masala movies. He never refuses to any slightly non commercial movie with good roles. Barfi was lame but Ranbir was bloody fluid with his acting in the movie. If he goes the right path, he will surely become one of the best method actors in India.
I am really impressed by Ranbir Kapoor in Barfi' date=' Rocket Singh, and Wake up Sid, huge potential in this guy.[/quote'] Rocket Singh was underrated and good watch. Loved him in Barfi, Rocket Singh and played a slightly different role in Rajneethi. That's the difference between 2 roles. Not Gulaam and 3 Idiots.

dude he's the same in every movie. No versatility...
Oh really? SRK's better than Hoffman, a guy who graduated from ****ing Stasberg's university and the one of the very few method practitioners in India (along with some Behemoths in Indian cinema) has no versatility. What's next? Johnny Lever is the Micheal Caine of India?

IMO he is a better judge of roles than most of his contemporaries. How many mainstream actors will actually do films like Rocket Singh, Wake Up Sid and Rockstar?

dude he's the same in every movie. No versatility...
I find him very versatile. He does it very effectively, but watch him in Wake Up sid and watch him in Rockstar and you will find a huge change in his body language. And that's what acting is more about - body language. Not looks, not style, not voice. Isn't that what makes Jack Nicholson a great actor? Otherwise, he looks the same in every role.

I find him very versatile. He does it very effectively, but watch him in Wake Up sid and watch him in Rockstar and you will find a huge change in his body language. And that's what acting is more about - body language. Not looks, not style, not voice. Isn't that what makes Jack Nicholson a great actor? Otherwise, he looks the same in every role.
Nailed it !