What's next for India?

Re: What's next for India? they should give Ganguly and Laxman a chance, experience proved to be handy at times, and both of them played good innings througout the tests, Laxman played well till the last hitting crucial half centuries. I would drop Mongia, Kaif, Raina and bring in Laxman, Ganguly, Karthik.

Re: What's next for India? stupid post gai ka dood, lets stay mature please. Understand the situation if a batsmen like tendulkar is not up for two and there is a need to score runs how can you blame Laxman for it, blame tendulkar that fool eat so many balls if he is in pain he shouldnt have played and not got other players out, all tendulkar cares about is milestones nothing else.

Re: What's next for India?

stupid post gai ka dood' date=' lets stay mature please. Understand the situation if a batsmen like tendulkar is not up for two and there is a need to score runs how can you blame Laxman for it, blame tendulkar that fool eat so many balls if he is in pain he shouldnt have played and not got other players out, all tendulkar cares about is milestones nothing else.[/quote'] :lmao: :lmao:

Re: What's next for India? After having looked at the agility of Laxman I wouldn't go with him for the World cup. In about 6-8 games he will run himself out 2-3 times and will run others out about 2-3 times :shrug: Ganguly, Kumble, Karthik should be in the team for the ODIs while I'm not so sure if they should persist with Sehwag.

Re: What's next for India? In ODIs usually (particularly in WI) they can't create a permanent slip position for Laxman. Tendulkar can't throw from deep either and has been fielding at slips. Rahul Dravid cannot throw from deep as well as Tendulkar. If Laxman needs to get in the WC team then he really needs to do some work on his fielding particularly in the infield. I can safely say Laxman is the best catcher in the Indian team but he will cost India run with his titanic like turns in the running between wickets. Laxman, Ganguly and Rahul have to improve their running and calling otherwise they are candidates for run out surely.

Re: What's next for India? If you want to look at batting records in West Indies, that would be a good enough reason to select Laxman, hes been a successful batsmen in WI. I think thats enough to select him. and about his fielding let him prove himself let him realize his dream, let him play the next ODI series, why would people want to just dump him like that, hes a class act. In regards to running between the wickets, lets just say he did well throughout the series and an unfortunate bias run did him wrong. I blame tendulkar 100 percent for the run out, The two runs was on, but tendulkar was in pain, and shouldnt have batted.

Re: What's next for India? They should try out mongia in the series...he needs to show some form to keep the divas on their toes...we need more bench strength for the wc... They should try out a few new batsmen...doesn't matter if we don't do well....but we should have some more guys to choose from....this pool of players is too poor to bank on for the WC.

Re: What's next for India? Nah I dont think they should try out anything, I think Laxman deserves it over Dinesh Mongia, Mongia has had enough chances he even stole Laxmans spot in the last world cup, no more experiments, India needs a solid middle order and Laxman can provide with that.