Congrats ! India's FIRST ODI win over the Aussies in OVER 3 YEARS !

varun

Anyone know Suresh shastri's bank account ?:giggle: I have some of the Indian players' media managers on the line and thay want to tell Suresh the check is ready :shades_smile: fans may feel free to send their..... er.....appreciations :finger:
lol did u see the first lbw appeal... :cantstop:
Guest HariSampath
lol did u see the first lbw appeal... :cantstop:
:wink_smile: I didn't see no LBW , nor any inside snick from Sachin nor did I see Pratap Kumar 's TV decision for punter..... hey just look at the scoreboard and if you have any doubt that we won fair and square, just see the papers tomorrow :hysterical: And I am NOT saying that GA Pratap Kumar's bank account is State Bank of India, Chennai. All I can say is Indians ( ALL Indians ) did well on the field today ( including Suresh Shastri.... you say ?...well I don't know) and I just feel the right man put up his hand at the right moment ( put up finger you say ? I don't know) All I can say is umpire's decision is final and we all greatly respect it ( when it goes for us you say ? ) well man if umpires are human, so are players ....and fans :eyedance:
Guest HariSampath
do u have to use block letters in ur posts? hurting my eyes..:D
ok now.... but I think u will still get the same message :wink_smile:
Guest HariSampath

When Vengsarkar was saying that seniors cannot take their place for granted and need to perform...( no I am sure he didn't mean Suresh Shastri as the senior most ), he really inspired this victory.... but we must also remind Suresh shas....oops, I mean the seniors ....that his.....oops..I mean their performance will be watched till the finals

India's bowlers keep series alive India's bowlers fought back from a blistering opening by Matthew Hayden to snatch an eight-run victory and keep the seven-match series alive. Two of India's additions at Chandigarh, RP Singh and Murali Kartik, bowled superbly in the dying stages and Zaheer Khan held his nerve with a composed last over to secure the win. Too much was left for James Hopes and Brett Lee, who had to find 22 runs from the last two overs and then 17 from Zaheer's final six balls. The 31 wides Australia conceded as India reached 291 were costly, but the real turning point was when RP Singh bowled Andrew Symonds for 75 in the 47th over of the chase. Singh followed up the very next ball by throwing down the stumps at the striker's end to run out Brad Hogg and the pressure was squarely on the visitors. Zaheer had only to avoid a final-over blowout and despite an early scare when Hopes drove the first ball for four, he fired in a succession of yorkers that gave the Australians little chance. Australia appeared to be cruising with ten overs remaining. The asking-rate was seven; they had six wickets in hand and a calm Symonds at the crease, but the out-of-form Brad Hodge struggled to rotate the strike and the required run-rate gradually expanded. India were kept in the game largely by their spinners, Kartik and Harbhajan Singh, who built the pressure on Hodge by denying him singles which kept Symonds away from the strike. Irfan Pathan was also difficult to get away and RP Singh's return after a miserable start was superb. Harbhajan removed Hodge when Mahendra Singh Dhoni stumped him off a wide for 17 from 29 balls but the wicket of Symonds was the killer blow. He looked to have paced his innings to perfection, pushing singles and twos and finding the occasional boundary and setting himself for a late assault. However, he backed away trying to hit RP Singh through the off side when boundaries were needed and was bowled. Hayden had built a solid base with 92 at a run a ball but the pressure began to mount when he departed. Like Symonds, Hayden scored his third consecutive half-century and gave Australia a terrific start as they raced to 106 for 1 from 15 overs. RP Singh was wayward and Zaheer costly as Hayden continued his remarkable run in 2007, falling just short of his sixth century since January 1. He muscled boundaries all around the ground in his usual manner, walking at the bowlers and hoisting several balls over the infield. The new-ball bowlers gave him too much width and his best shots included a flick off his pads for four off Singh - it went along the ground all the way - and a trademark clip over midwicket for six off Zaheer. But Hayden appeared to tire as the day wore on and he fell to an intelligent piece of bowling from Kartik, who was terrific in his first ODI in 18 months. Hayden advanced to Kartik and, despite not getting to the pitch of the ball, lofted a four over midwicket, but when he tried the same thing two deliveries later Kartik pulled his length back even further. Hayden's legs were not as limber as early in the innings and he ended up reaching for the ball, striking it one-handed and finding Zaheer on the midwicket boundary. In contrast Australia's spinners, Hogg and Symonds, were far less effective through the middle overs as India built a platform for a late blitz. Dhoni and Robin Uthappa's final attack carried them to 291 for 4 as India scored 89 in the final ten overs, including 20 from the last six balls off Nathan Bracken. It was an awesome turnaround after one of India's more embarrassing starts, with Tendulkar initially looking out of place as the fast men swung the ball at will. He just could not lay bat on ball - Lee was especially threatening - but despite two close lbw shouts and a possible inside edge that was turned down by the umpire, Tendulkar did not give up. Early in his innings he faced 17 consecutive dot balls but once the ball stopped swinging, he worked his way back into form with a few glimpses of his brilliance. His 79 anchored the innings and he had good support from Sourav Ganguly, who who returned to the side after missing two matches. Like Tendulkar, Ganguly struggled early but his determination not to let the bowlers dictate terms was important in India's turnaround. Ganguly finished with 41 before Dhoni and Robin Uthappa came home with a bang. Dhoni scored 50 from 35 and Uthappa made 30 from 18 as India continued the high-scoring trend for teams batting first in this series. India's victory means Australia lead the seven-match series 2-1, ahead of the fifth game at Vadodara on Thursday.

© Cricinfo

Guest HariSampath

Mostly humor

Mr . hari sampat...all this talk about the umpire is getting boring. Why are you trying to take the credit away from the team? Where are you when we are the victims of the buchnors and billys....?
Hey beetle... Listen, that bit about umpires were mostly in humor, as anyone who reads it can understand. Of course I am not taking away any credit from this win, but I am also a realist and no one can deny that we had a minimum of FOUR clearcut decisions our way today due to absurd umpiring. I mean doubtful LBWs are understandable, but the sort of plumb LBWs and a clearcut snick by Tendulkar being turned down by Shastri undoubtedly turned the game towards us. If Sachin ( dismissed 3 times in the first 7 overs) as anyone who saw the game will admit unbiasedly and honestly had gone early, Dravid or Uthappa would have come in and who knows what would have happened, maybe we all can guess. Also, durirng a key moment in the chase, Ponting , a top batsman for Aussies in all run chases was given out , NOT by the field umpire but by the TV umpire, after 5 replays, when clearly his back foot was on the innerside of the batting crease. Well, the Aussies don't deserve to win bcos they miscalculated badly, Ponting didn't complete Brett Lee's overs when he was on top of Sachin, instead brought Symonds on and the game changed. And the number of wides, extras plus other strategic misses by Ponter make me think they were not deserving to win, also, the fantastic finish by Dhoni and Uthappa, the great spin bowling of Bhajji and Karfthik, plus we holding the nerve and taking vital wkts all made us win. Let me add.....and u will see it on my very early posts on the match thread, I was very disappointed that Sachin didn't walk when he nicked and knew he hit the ball. First time since 1989 I am seeing this happen. Also lets not gloss over his very poor batting today, and lets not get carried away by one win to ignore glaring faults we have. Thanks, Hari Sampath

@ Mr. Hari Sampath, hope you realize that you've discovered yet another weapon in OZ arsenal which sadly worked against them in this match which happens once in a blue moon. Otherwise there have been numerous occasions where OZs benefited from it and then lots of people just accepted that as part of the game, rub of the green and such bs ideas.

Guest HariSampath
@ Mr. Hari Sampath' date=' hope you realize that you've discovered yet another weapon in OZ arsenal which sadly worked against them in this match which happens once in a blue moon. Otherwise there have been numerous occasions where OZs benefited from it and then lots of people just accepted that as part of the game, rub of the green and such bs ideas.[/quote'] Rub of the green always exists in cricket and yes, Sachin had got so many bad decisions in eng recently and of course Aus too had benefited many times. No denying it. But my point is that when we realistically and critically examine losses, we must apply same standards for wins too. Remember just as we carry on positives from a lost game, we must also note negatives from won games, otherwise we can never become consistent big time winners. So, nothing wrong , while celebrating, to also take stock of what really happened. Isn't it an obvious fact, we all would have felt so much more secure and happier if the win had been achieved totally because of us and our skills, than some due to some mistakes on their part and also umpiring, I guess what I am saying is we must only look at what we did correct and our skill and performance, all else is a bonus we cannot rely upon including rub of the green. Hari Sampath
Guest HariSampath
Why ? Cant you be happy with the win. Ever see any aussie go anal on how they won because of Umpires ? and most importantly where does this "critical and realistic" analysis vanish when the ugly ones and others benefit ? How does this twisted sense of morality work ? Why this anal fetish to do everything honourably and by the book especially when the opponent is a well known thug ? Straight answers please. Heres what I would say ... They(The Aussies) insist on persisting with Human umpires (Not us) so shut up and put up with it. How hard is it to say that ?
Cut the profanity please.I am very happy with the end result but just pointed out like all top professional sides, we too should also analyse all aspects of all games, wins and losses, if we are to move forward and stay there. Regarding playing honorably, thats my view of the game, don't forget that even the Aussies have one of the greatest walkers in their team, Gilly. And needless to add, by sticking to our strenghts mean we plan games NOT assuming we will get such lucky umpiring all the time, but based on skill sets and field performances, and the moment we slip into the mode of planning games hoping to get and take advantage of dubious situations, we will be on the way down. What if the opponents are known thugs? even Dhoni told Sreeshanth there are better ways of getting batsmen out in a cricketing way, its spot on and makes cricketing sense too.