The Uthappa shot

Gambit

And it seems come to him naturally to him. Walking down the wicket to the faster bowlers seems to be his default attacking shot. Very strange , i have always seen guys clearing their left leg and trying to swing across the line or power it down the ground in the slog overs , but this guy seems a bit different. As long as it works i guess.

Guest Hiten.

you need to have confidence in you when you walk down against the likes of Lee, Bracken. Good thing about him is, whenever he walks down the track he usually tries to hit straight over long on/off, which means he going with the swing of the delivery... smart cricketer he is :two_thumbs_up:

Uthappa Rocks ... but Iam afraid it will not be long before the powers that be (Read : the Gavaskars and the technicians) mess with his mind and brainwash him with the "The first hour belongs to the bowler" bakwaas
:hysterical: Very True. But trust me, our man Corgi will give a damn to these technicians ! BTW , we have one less to deal with now.

no fasr bowler likes when a batsman walks before the delivery... i remember Kaif really screwed up Shaoib in an ODI...when he would walk on each of his deliveries... walking helps...as long as head is still.....at the time of stroke making... any one who walks....should be a good at playing hook or pull shot... Dravid is one of the best in india....VVS ...and Partive patel...has amazing pull and hook shot...

australian bowlers are very good at sticking to line and length.. soo common sense say disrupt their natural flow by moving up n down or across ... i have been thinking about this for long time back.. since mcgrath's glory days.. it also helps when you step forward initially and then go back for pull or something.. i guess us Indians stick more to basics and cricket books.. Uthappa vs McGrath could have been battle to watch..

Uthappa is lion hearted. He is so underrated by the opponents who often target Dhoni, Yuvraj, SRT & co ahead of him. He is suspectible to the new ball and hence should be protected and unleashed during the death overs. The guy has the knack of hitting boundaries and must be encouraged to play to his strengths. Such a player is going to fail a few times and needs a longer rope.

Uthappa is lion hearted. He is so underrated by the opponents who often target Dhoni' date=' Yuvraj, SRT & co ahead of him. He is suspectible to the new ball and hence should be protected and unleashed during the death overs. The guy has the knack of hitting boundaries and must be encouraged to play to his strengths. Such a player is going to fail a few times and needs a longer rope.[/quote'] :two_thumbs_up: He is a good #6 batsman.
Uthappa like anyone else looks good when he does well. :giggle:
Agreed. He is good when he does well. In Test match, First hour does belong to the bowler. Not so in ODI. RU is playing ODIs. If RU wants to play Test match and as opener, he better understand first hour belongs to the bowler (in TESTS - which is a different ball game). RU is good in batting friendly conditions, he cannot hold a candle to the likes of Dravid in seamer conditions though.
dont u do that every single day ... aaj SRT kal Gangs then RD then someone else ... then back again ... :giggle::hysterical:
Yes, when they perform well they all look good. Unlike in your case only one player looks good even in a format where the results and performance of everyone else is meaningless. :hysterical: