Ok lets talk about positives!

Don

Bowling - Zaheer Khan and SreeSanth - Superb comeback by the former and great potential shown by the latter. Both have shown pace does matter and bowling at 140+ is a great asset. Purticular mention must go to SS's seam position which has everyone raving. Both should be very very handy in next overseas tour which is England. Batting - Another superb comeback here this time by Ganguly. Showed he had tremendous guts and still has the ability to stick it out at International Leval. Highest Average and Runs for India this series agaisnt the pace and bounce of Ntini and Steyn doesnt leave much to counter. Keeping - Karthik showing awesome potential with bat and gloves in the last match. Has a great defensive techinique and a full reptoire of attackin strokes. Was very vocal compared to Dhoni and is a more then capable guy to keep to the likes of Kumble and Harbhajan. keepin to pace isnt a problem at all as his tremendous catch of Smith showed. Moderates - Jaffer, Dhoni, Kumble (lil harsh but i though he wud spun em out on the last day, batting was forgettable) Negatives - Tendulkar, Sehwag, Munaf, Irfan, Dravid, Laxman

Re: Ok lets talk about positives! Laxman negative? i feel like he was unlucky more than negative, he scored 2 crucial half centuries during the first two tests, got out to a superb ball in the first innings and an unfortunate biased run out made by the South African umpire. I dont think he was negative since he atleast scored 2 half centuries did a superb job in the slip cordon and also showed that he can be a good vice captain and led them to victory in the practice match. I feel like he belongs to the moderate section.

Re: Ok lets talk about positives! Rohan he was moderate until he ran like a guy who was pulling a plane for that runout, really really cross at him for that. It was a crucial juncture of the match and more then tendulkar who is gone mentally as a batsman at this leval, i felt laxman cud have been the one who kept company with the tail and bail india out as he has done so many times in the past.

Re: Ok lets talk about positives! i don't think Dhoni would get much blame.. his keeping has been very good. plus he has this psychological advantage over opponents.. i think KKD will get chances...depending upon the team composition for odi series.. we need irfan pathan to be back in form both in batting and bowling .. With Zaheer, Munaf, SS and Bhajji we have pretty potent attack.. Irfan an add balance the team as 7th batsman and 5th bowler.. 5 batsman.. 1 WK..1 All rounder .. 4 bowlers... we need to have this set up ..to claim any chances in WC or ODI series..

Re: Ok lets talk about positives! Laxman shouldnt get the blame either, when has luck ever been on his side? he played well till this match. Got out with a fabolous delivery which even the best batsmen would have been out too, got run out by Tendulkar, and now his one day place is uncertain, this man always has it harshly. Surely deserves to realize his world cup dream, and selectors should be aware that hes still a matchwinner.

Re: Ok lets talk about positives! and in regards to don, his average in the whole series was number 3 after Ganguly and Karthik. Batting itself should let him in the ODI squad his batting ability is far more superior to Kaif, Raina, Mongia we all witnessed it during the 4-5 one day series, our middle order is in serious trouble but the good news is yuvraj is back, but who knows how hell perform? I think Laxman is a fresh from a series and he knows his mistakes and let him learn from it and perform well in the next ODI series. Batting anyday over fielding, Fielding never subsitutes batting.

Re: Ok lets talk about positives! >>>Surely deserves to realize his world cup dream, and selectors should be aware that hes still a matchwinner. Who is he? ....some terminal patient with a last wish? What is this dream of his...is it different from India's dream. I wouldn't like to see him anywhere in the one day team..... >>>and if something happens to dhoni we still have dravid just as back up. No ones expecting him to keep but its just a predicament. I would rather have kartick as a pure batsman...he will save some runs on the field too.

Re: Ok lets talk about positives! I would like too see him in the one day team, dont disrespect. Your just a laxman hater what else is there to be said. Either you love laxman or hate laxman and your one of those who hate him. If it wasnt for him India wouldnt havent even won in Joburg, or even dating back to Pakistan series in Pakistan, your just like the average Indian crowd who love to see Laxman leave Indian cricket, and forget his great innings he played for India. Laxman a MUST for the tri series and the world cup, he must realize his dream, he must be part of the squad.

Re: Ok lets talk about positives! Laxman, Kumble andTendu helped us get to atleast one win. Wouldn't put them with RD, Sehwag, Munaf, Irfan. And wouldn't put Sehwag and Irfan with anyone else. My brackets: Top (Earned their paycheck): Sree, Ganguly, KKD Medium (Earned their spots): SRT, Laxman, Zak, Kumble, Dhoni, Jaffer Mediocre (Sucked): RD, Munaf, VRV Bottom (Were a disgrace): Sehwag, Irfan Poor (DNP): Harby