I will take this Sachin

Does not matter if he is struggling.............he is still better than most of the ODI players in the Indian team and many in the world. Every one has off days....and let us accept the fact his skills are deteriorating......but I will still pay money to watch him as every now and then he will produce shots that will send shivers down my spine and remind me of his younger belligerent days! he is still valuable!! CHAK DE SACHIN!!! Do not retire...............

Does not matter if he is struggling.............he is still better than most of the ODI players in the Indian team and many in the world. Every one has off days....and let us accept the fact his skills are deteriorating......but I will still pay money to watch him as every now and then he will produce shots that will send shivers down my spine and remind me of his younger belligerent days! he is still valuable!! CHAK DE SACHIN!!! Do not retire...............
Amen ! :two_thumbs_up::isalute::dance::yay::present::regular_smile:

The thing is ... It makes no sense how people call it a selfish innings. Yesterday's innings was a perfect example of EVERY player doing their role. There was no standout batsman during the innings. * Ganguly and Tendulkar provided what India needed in a steady platform at the top * Yuvraj, Dhoni, Dravid (yes he attacked straight away), and Uthappa all came in and capitalised on the good start to push India to a big total This is the way that has worked for India. Sachin accelerated after he passed his 50 (he scored 29 from 26 after his 50) and he was hitting the ball as nice as ever towards the end. I have no complaints about the way any of our batsman batted.

Bharat, Anyone calling that a selfish inning or whatever doesn't know anything about cricket. Either they didn't see the match, or are happy to make statements they had thought before. The way the ball swung and seamed in the first 10-15 overs and the way Lee bowled with fire and still not losing swing, I can't see any other batsman surviving that long in front of that. The early morning moisture and heaviness in the air really assisted the seam bowlers of Australia.Add to that the uneven bounce in the beginning. Who do you think would have survived that long to give India a platform? It took about 25 overs for the pitch to settle down and the moisture to dry up. After that the performance of both are the teams are in front of us!

Me too ... but Iam talking about the ones who live in a parallel world where they are convinced beyond resonable doubt that the man doesnt perform anymore :haha:
Some ppl are blind, when they want they see statistics and SR. If they are good, they talk about chances. If an innings fro sachin is gr8 in SR and sans chances, they talk about fielding bowling etc. And on a day he gets 5 wickets, they talk about his tax evasion on the ferrari. My god, i guess once he retires they are going to talk about other lucrative deals. Some people are blinded. But these few, they are MAD
Some ppl are blind, when they want they see statistics and SR. If they are good, they talk about chances. If an innings fro sachin is gr8 in SR and sans chances, they talk about fielding bowling etc. And on a day he gets 5 wickets, they talk about his tax evasion on the ferrari. My god, i guess once he retires they are going to talk about other lucrative deals. Some people are blinded. But these few, they are MAD
:giggle: this is the world... when you are happy, the world is with you when you are sad, you are all alone.......... also, As there are different people, so they use their mouths...:finger:
:giggle: this is the world... when you are happy, the world is with you when you are sad, you are all alone.......... also, As there are different people, so they use their mouths...:finger:
That is true, but despite the numbers, rational should not change. 1 + 1 is always 2 rahul bhai.
Danda' date=' are you ok? :P[/quote'] Look I admit I am pessimistic and I still think Aussies will run away with the series, but that does not stop me from admiring this man...............he is still valuable even with his struggles and shortcomings......he is really trying to contribute and he is being successful mostly although sometimes it may not look pretty......like yesterday. But that is the hallmark of a great batsman.....someone else would have gotten frustrated and thrown the wicket away, but he hung in there, dug it out and contributed 79 to the total. I call that a working man's team effort. It does not have to look pretty and belligerent all the time. Enough with the SRT bashing already. We do not have youngsters to replace him YET.