Sunrisers skipper Shikhar Dhawan says he is aggressive from inside, cool outside

aditya4all

Shikhar Dhawan's second coming in international cricket has seen him on the rise since he burst upon the Test scene with an explosive 187 against Australia in Mohali. Not one to rest on his laurels, Dhawan smashed 363 runs in India's successful ICC Champions Trophy campaign and won the Man of the Tournament award. He seemed to get better with every performance as he hit a record-248 for India A against South Africa A in an unofficial One Day game. He has not been far from form in the domestic T20s (IPL) as well. Despite missing out on the early part of IPL 2013, Dhawan was the leading run-getter for Sunrisers, scoring 311 runs in 10 matches at 38.87. The next best was Parthiv Patel, getting 294 runs in 13 matches. Dhawan added another feather to his cap when he was named captain of the Sunrisers Hyderabad for the Champions League Twenty20 2013. In an interview on www.clt20.com, Dhawan was relaxed in his first interaction, ahead of the tournament, with the media. "I am cool and aggressive - aggressive from the inside, cool on the outside," he said. Dhawan said that while he has captained the Delhi team for a while, this is a new challenge for him and he is looking forward to leading Sunrisers Hyderabad. "I have captained the Delhi team for a while now but this is a new challenge. It's an honour to lead a team like the Sunrisers because it has some big players, and I am really looking forward to it." Dhawan wants his team to enjoy the game and hopes the time they spent playing together in the Indian Premier League will help them in the upcoming tournament. Dhawan also feels that the timing is right for both the team and him as he takes over as the franchise's skipper. "We guys have been playing the IPL for a long time and you tend to get mature with time. You also get new responsibilities along the way and I feel this is a good time for my team and me that I take over." Source: Sports.NDTV