Miss NY becomes the 1st Indian descent contestant to win the Miss America Pageant -- Shocking feedback

Texy

she shouldnt have performed on bolly songs, if you ask me. If I were pure American.. I would have commented like that too. It is an insult to see Bolly song on Miss America Pageant.
America is enriched by all the diversity brought in by the immigrants. They get the best from every country. How is this an insult? pure american it seems, lol. Your attitude is shame worthy here, not her bollywood songs

she shouldnt have performed on bolly songs, if you ask me. If I were pure American.. I would have commented like that too. It is an insult to see Bolly song on Miss America Pageant.
not a big deal,she is first generation ABCD and i bet she i still involved in our culture like a lot of others.

not a big deal' date='she is first generation ABCD and i bet she i still involved in our culture like a lot of others.[/quote'] America pride themselves on their cultural diversity despite the racial profiling (especially after 9/11). [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3di8Vw15XY]American Soldier's AMAZING Response To Anti-Muslim Comments: "We Live In America" - YouTube[/ame] Listen to the american soldier towards the end...

not a big deal' date='she is first generation ABCD and i bet she i still involved in our culture like a lot of others.[/quote'] Yes there is.. if it was some kind of American Diversity culture show then yeahh no problem.. but this was Miss America If 10 years from now a bangladeshi girl represents west bengal in Miss India contest while performs some kind of bangla traditional dance or whatever. and wins Miss India contest, most of you lot will say the same thing. Ppl calling her Terrorist and Arabic are just dumb so not talking about them.. Am talking about those who are saying "This is not Miss India.. " If you support Modi then you should understand where these Americans are coming from cuz I see a lot of parallelism here. Modi is nationalist and these Americans are nationalist too..

Talking about dark beauties, couple of months back I came across a girl in Pune. She was very dark by even Indian standards. Even I would look pale next to her. Her flawless, sharp and fine features along with her burnt brown skin tone made her look exquisite almost surreal. She reminded me of Mystique from X-Men movie. :blink:

Yes there is.. if it was some kind of American Diversity culture show then yeahh no problem.. but this was Miss America If 10 years from now a bangladeshi girl represents west bengal in Miss India contest while performs some kind of bangla traditional dance or whatever. and wins Miss India contest, most of you lot will say the same thing. Ppl calling her Terrorist and Arabic are just dumb so not talking about them.. Am talking about those who are saying "This is not Miss India.. " If you support Modi then you should understand where these Americans are coming from cuz I see a lot of parallelism here. Modi is nationalist and these Americans are nationalist too..
you think all 53 contestants performed to reflect primarily american culture. Miss Kansas Therea Vail sang Puccini's Nessun Dorm. That no way reflects american culture. Miss Georgia Carly Mathis sang On My Own from Les Miserables.

Italian americans and irish americans still maintain strong links to their culture and they were in america decades before indians started to arrive. Do they apologize for it?no but indians are supposed to according to some wannabe pure americans.
Should have done a rain dance instead. :agree: