Kareena: Kapoors are the finest actors in the film industry

vvvslaxman

The family has been a dominant family all the time, no doubt. There has always been someone or else doing well in films. But are they really the best actors? I seriously doubt that. If someone sets out to make a list of the best actors of the Hindi film industry, I seriously doubt one of the Kapoors will make it in top 10 or even 20. The only gusy who I think were very good actors from that family are Ranbir Kapoor and Rishi Kapoor, who was outstanding even in recent films like Agneepath and D-day. Prithviraj Kapoor - legendary for his contributions, but his acting was the same all the time. Same dialog delivery, same acting. Raj Kapoor: Contrary to popular opinion, a very one-dimensional actor IMO (my dad will kill me if he reads this). All his characters were always the same - simple, naive, honest - almost bordering on retarded. But he was a good actor within those limits. Some brilliant performances like Teesri Kasam and Mera Naam Joker. Shashi and Shammi kapoor: Both were very good actors, but not outstanding. Shammi Kapoor IMO was a little under explored. Randhir and Rajiv kapoor: Could never act. Karishma Kapoor: She was bad acting personified for most of her career. She was terrible at one point of time. But did some good acting towards the end of her career in films like Dil to Pagal Hai (national award) and, Fiza and zubeda. Kareena Kapoor: Can't act for her life. Hats off to Imtiaz Ali for getting that performance out of her in Jab We Met. Ranbir Kapoor: A very fine actor. A really good one.

I find rishi a better actor than ranbir,off late he has been giving some power pack performances,be it rauf lala in agnipath,where he cleary overshadowed both Sanjay and hrithik,daud in d day,comedy in chashme Baddor,police Wala in Aurangzeb ,do dooni chaar,he has been fantastic.

The family has been a dominant family all the time, no doubt. There has always been someone or else doing well in films. But are they really the best actors? I seriously doubt that. If someone sets out to make a list of the best actors of the Hindi film industry, I seriously doubt one of the Kapoors will make it in top 10 or even 20. The only gusy who I think were very good actors from that family are Ranbir Kapoor and Rishi Kapoor, who was outstanding even in recent films like Agneepath and D-day. Prithviraj Kapoor - legendary for his contributions, but his acting was the same all the time. Same dialog delivery, same acting. Raj Kapoor: Contrary to popular opinion, a very one-dimensional actor IMO (my dad will kill me if he reads this). All his characters were always the same - simple, naive, honest - almost bordering on retarded. But he was a good actor within those limits. Some brilliant performances like Teesri Kasam and Mera Naam Joker. Shashi and Shammi kapoor: Both were very good actors, but not outstanding. Shammi Kapoor IMO was a little under explored. Randhir and Rajiv kapoor: Could never act. Karishma Kapoor: She was bad acting personified for most of her career. She was terrible at one point of time. But did some good acting towards the end of her career in films like Dil to Pagal Hai (national award) and, Fiza and zubeda. Kareena Kapoor: Can't act for her life. Hats off to Imtiaz Ali for getting that performance out of her in Jab We Met. Ranbir Kapoor: A very fine actor. A really good one.
Agreed on everybody except Shashi Kapoor. He was not a star but a fine actor. He was highly underrated among Kapoors and compared to other actors. He was a better Producer than Raj Kapoor ever was. He has made much better than mainstream Raj, the tharki.

Some of you guys saying chameli is one of her best performance' date='usme kya hai,jaisi horny Wo real life mein hai,jaisa ki apne shahid wale kand mein dekha hoga,Wo hi usne parde par dike diya bus.[/quote'] Teri g@@nd mein kyun aag lagti hai agar vo real life mein horny hai to..as if it is a bad thing...:dontknow:...mms to dekh liya tune majje se..ab lecture de raha hai ...sounds like case of sour grapes...:--D

Moral of the story: Acting is plenty overrated, at least for the reel and doesn't deserve much attention. You can throw in deshmukh/jitendra jr and make the mango people laugh with their "acting" skills but there's no way they're facing Dale Steyn or Roger Federer on their respective turfs.

Some of you guys saying chameli is one of her best performance' date='usme kya hai,jaisi horny Wo real life mein hai,jaisa ki apne shahid wale kand mein dekha hoga,Wo hi usne parde par dike diya bus.[/quote'] How is she horny ? Just because she had a boyfriend.? Why do you have such a low opinion about her personal life? If people stay unmarried till their thirties,most will have a few relationships.....or is it because she is a woman? What about the guys she was involved with?...

Ek ne thodi bahut acting kar kya Li ki isne pure biradri ka danka bajana chaloo kar diya. :rofl: I can't imagine anyone else making such stupid statements. "Italians are the best actors." - DeNiro/Pacino "Hasans are the best actors" - Kamal Hasan "Iranis are the best actors" - Boman Irani

More or less agree, but Shashi Kapoor is a much, much better actor than your rating, IMO. If you watch some of his Merchant-Ivory works where he got to act beyond the Bollywood stereotype, you might reconsider. For me, clearly the best actor from the Kapoor khandaan.

Acting in genes. My **** !! Ranbir's the best actor around because he graduated from the finest acting institutes. Kareena is a mediocre actress.
I do not think Ranbir is a good actor just because he went to the finest acting institute. If one cannot act, there is no way, one can become great no matter what institute one has attended.

He was also known internationally for starring in many British and American films, notably Merchant Ivory productions run by Ismail Merchant and James Ivory, such as The Householder (1963), Shakespeare Wallah (1965) (opposite his sister-in-law Felicity Kendal), Bombay Talkie (1970) and Heat and Dust (1982) in which he co-starred with his wife Jennifer Kendal, The Deceivers (1988) and Side Streets (1998). He also starred in other British and American films such as Pretty Polly A Matter Of Innocence (1967) opposite Hayley Mills, Siddhartha (1972), Sammy and Rosie Get Laid (1987), Muhafiz (1994). James Ivory directed Kapoor in the first Merchant Ivory production The Householder, then in Shakespeare-Wallah, Bombay Talkie and Heat and Dust. Ismail Merchant directed him in In Custody Muhafiz (1994).[14] He was the first Indian actor to work extensively in Hollywood films and British films.