Australia in India 2013-14

saneindian

quad: Michael Clarke, George Bailey, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Xavier Doherty, James Faulkner, Aaron Finch, Brad Haddin, Moises Henriques, Phil Hughes, Mitchell Johnson, Glenn Maxwell, Clint McKay, Adam Voges, Shane Watson
http://ibnlive.in.com/news/cricketnext/haddin-doherty-included-in-australia-squad-for-india-tour/423141-78.html?utm_source=ref_article Fawad Ahmed and Matt Wade dropped from the squad. Should be an interesting battle this. Australia haven't lost in a completed ODI series/tournament in India since Titan Cup in 1996.

Australia's Squad for the VB ODI Series in India Don't even know why this series is happening but sure why not? Squad Michael Clarke - Captain - No idea why he is playing George Bailey - VC Brad Haddin - Keeper Nathan Coulter-Nile - Champions League duty before Xavier Doherty James Faulkner - Champions League duty before Aaron Finch Moises Henriques Phil Hughes - Shouldn't be there imo Mitchell Johnson - Champions League duty before Glenn Maxwell - Champions League duty before Clint McKay - Champions League duty before Adam Voges - Champions League duty before Shane Watson - Champions League duty before IMO honest opinion Clarke, Hughes and Haddin shouldn't be playing. Why? Clarke has his back issue, Hughes needs some red ball cricket to get into the Ashes (Don't see anyone else but him getting in) and Haddin is going to be playing in the tests. I think this is an good squad and I do see Clarke and Hughes going back after 3 matches or 4 but this should be an Indian win. Also Steve Rixon will be coaching as Lehmann will be going home to I guess prep for the Ashes. Thoughts?

I just made a thread for this, so I guess the mods can get rid of the other one. I think India will win. Most of the Australian players will the in the Champions' League stuff like Johnson, Watson, Voges and co. Honestly Clarke, Hughes and Haddin shouldn't be playing. Happy that Doherty gets in the team because he's better than Ahmed as an ODI bowler but India should win this.

vb ?
Don't know how the hell Hughes still making every Aussie squad? He is hopeless' date=' worse than Raina against short and swinging ball.[/quote'] He has amazing talent and a good eye. Khawaja is actually worse against spin and Hughes makes a lot of runs in the Australian Domestic scene. He should be playing Sheffield Shield to try and get that No.6 spot. Hughes is the youngest player to score a hundred in both innings and he is 24 years old and has scored 21 first class tons, 7 list a tons, 3 test tons and 2 ODI tons. He has amazing talent but the selectors have shown no faith in him. From what I know Hughes is one of the hardest working players. He's a lot better than people give him credit. To score 21 first class tons against the Aussie bowlers is a pretty damn good thing but in all honesty he shouldn't be playing this series.
Should have rested Clarke, Watson, Haddin and Hughes so that they could prepare for the Ashes along with other test players who are either recovering from injury or are not ODI players. Australia should plan well.
They might be forced to.
However, it is still possible that Clarke will not take part in the Indian trip after he suffered a recurrence of his ongoing back problem at the end of the limited-overs series in England. In India in March, Clarke missed a Test due to his back injury for the first time in his career, and he was also troubled by his back in the lead-up to the Ashes in England. "After a long tour Michael Clarke's back condition has flared up again and he has been selected subject to fitness," John Inverarity, the national selector, said. "He has returned to Australia for further assessment and the national selection panel hopes that it will improve in time for the Indian tour."