Sarfaraz Khan

prinzo

If India is ever to have another player who will play 20odd years of international cricket and who could possibly come close to Tendulkars records, and to have another superstar in the same auror , Sarfaraz Khan could be the one. Indian threw Tendulkar in the deep end at 16 years old and the rest is history. I say put Safaraz in the team already to get the feel of the national team and the give him games in the Zimbabwe , or Bangladesh, to build his confidence. however it will be unfair to the provincial guys looking to get into the India team and performing at domestic level. I JUST HAVE A FEELING ABOUT THIS SARFARAZ KHAN, could be the next greatest batsmen that ever played. India need to guide his career well in the next 4-5 years.

India really seem to be dominating the under 19s need to ensure that every batch atleast has 2-3 people who become india regulars.
There are two ways to look at this. One way is that India's players develop more quickly than their counterparts. Players reach a very decent level when they are at a young age. The explanation which I favour and worry about is that because of the large population, India produce the most talented young cricketers. However, our domestic system fails to nurture and improve these talents whereas a team like England manage to nurture their U19s for several years before turning them into the finished product.
There are two ways to look at this. One way is that India's players develop more quickly than their counterparts. Players reach a very decent level when they are at a young age. The explanation which I favour and worry about is that because of the large population, India produce the most talented young cricketers. However, our domestic system fails to nurture and improve these talents whereas a team like England manage to nurture their U19s for several years before turning them into the finished product.
Agree.
Agree.
england is not good example .. cricketers they re poaching are not from their system or anything
Who is not from the system?
just don not include players they got form other countries you will get far better idea how they are doing imo there domestic tournament is still not as good as south africa or australian one not hard enough only batsman they produced who looks like part is root..one thing they are doing well is using money to build facilities at lower levels and because of that they had very decent under 19 side last year but even with that i do not see how we should look at them or anything . south africa on other hand keep on producing cricketers for 2 countries and they are the ones who develop them the best

From what I hear Prithvi Shaw is supposed to better / as good as Sarfarz Khan.....Lets pull these two guyz into the side along with Arman Jaffer.....Then our senior side can play U19's as well.... Can't understand the desperation..... Cricket is not all about skills....there are other factors like attitude and personality.....If you belive that he has enough skills to represent India, let him atleast learn other aspects of sportmanship in the domestic circuit.....on the other hand it's totally unfair to guyz like Rahane, Rayudu and others

just don not include players they got form other countries you will get far better idea how they are doing imo there domestic tournament is still not as good as south africa or australian one not hard enough only batsman they produced who looks like part is root..one thing they are doing well is using money to build facilities at lower levels and because of that they had very decent under 19 side last year but even with that i do not see how we should look at them or anything . south africa on other hand keep on producing cricketers for 2 countries and they are the ones who develop them the best
Your argument makes no sense. You have failed to list one player who is not a product of the domestic system. Majority have come through the county system.
Your argument makes no sense. You have failed to list one player who is not a product of the domestic system. Majority have come through the county system.
Some of them played for other country like latest Irish bowler they poached And most of players they get have played domestic cricket in other countries for significant time...intact it's easier to list foreign players who are just product of county then otherwise Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
Some of them played for other country like latest Irish bowler they poached And most of players they get have played domestic cricket in other countries for significant time...intact it's easier to list foreign players who are just product of county then otherwise Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
They all play county and once they do well in county only then they are selected and become eligible for England team.
Rankin was not England caliber when he played for Ireland. England certainly poached him, but the system is what made him quality. Pietersen, Trott, Stokes, Jordan, Rankin, Strauss, Prior all play(ed) a lot of county cricket. Which players are you talking about that aren't products of the English system? The only one I can think of is Darren Pattinson. England aren't poaching people from Australia/South Africa/New Zealand and putting them straight into the international teams. That simply isn't happening. County cricket is a very strong system.
Rankin was not England caliber when he played for Ireland. England certainly poached him' date=' but the system is what made him quality. Pietersen, Trott, Stokes, Jordan, Rankin, Strauss, Prior all play(ed) a lot of county cricket. Which players are you talking about that aren't products of the English system? The only one I can think of is Darren Pattinson. England aren't poaching people from Australia/South Africa/New Zealand and putting them straight into the international teams. That simply isn't happening. County cricket is a very strong system.[/quote'] difference is these were already very strong players .. how is that possible that minority of players from other countries in county system are almost majority in english team /? there at time are 5 players playing who were taken form other systems ..tell me how is that possible ? or are you telling me 50 percent of players in county cricket are outsiders?
Rankin was not England caliber when he played for Ireland. England certainly poached him' date=' but the system is what made him quality. Pietersen, Trott, Stokes, Jordan, Rankin, Strauss, Prior all play(ed) a lot of county cricket. Which players are you talking about that aren't products of the English system? The only one I can think of is Darren Pattinson. England aren't poaching people from Australia/South Africa/New Zealand and putting them straight into the international teams. That simply isn't happening. County cricket is a very strong system.[/quote'] Kevin is purely a SA product......I am not sure how much county cricket help to enhance the skills....may be Matt prior was not as good as he was...when he started playing for england