T420 Champions: India

Guest HariSampath

fans like you are in fact the enemies of Indian cricket having promoted these paper warriors for years without questioning their judgments , or these cricketers' true abilities or motivations. get out of the ostrich act
So who asked you to post here in the first place?

MM, in defense of Mr HS, he responded to coffee's comments which was personal and uncalled for. So, what if some of us are upset with the team and want to call them whatever cause they sucked? Does it make us self loathers? If anything we care more about our pride and that's why are upset with our performance unlike some of you who are willing to put up with mediocrity. And most of you guys care mainly about one guy. He did ok and so you guys are all fine. Some of us care diddly squat about how that guy did. We are just looking at wins and losses.

Guest HariSampath
I hate that kind. And you know what's funny? It's them who go overboard and call the loyal fans crazy and obsessed!
why are you loyal to personalities and not to teams ? Why does your loyalty to certain individuals becomes more important than the team these fellows have hijacked ?
MM, in defense of Mr HS, he responded to coffee's comments which was personal and uncalled for. So, what if some of us are upset with the team and want to call them whatever cause they sucked? Does it make us self loathers? If anything we care more about our pride and that's why are upset with our performance unlike some of you who are willing to put up with mediocrity. And most of you guys care mainly about one guy. He did ok and so you guys are all fine. Some of us care diddly squat about how that guy did. We are just looking at wins and losses.
He's being called a self loather because he thinks we didn't deserve to win the 4th ODI and that we should be 5-0 down!
why are you loyal to personalities and not to teams ? Why doesn't your loyalty to certain individuals becomes more important than the team these fellows have hijacked ?
How do you know I put personalities above the team? You've got the wrong guy. I just don't go ballistic when we lose to the best ODI team ever especially when our ODI form has been mediocre at best.
He's being called a self loather because he thinks we didn't deserve to win the 4th ODI and that we should be 5-0 down!
That's fine although I disagree with it. Doesn't make him a self loather. If he were a self loather he wouldn't be on the match thread all night trying to hope that we do well asking other posters how exactly we lost those early wickets.
All of us feel bad on a loss..nobody is apologisng for the team's performance. But it doesn't give us any right to put the team down like this. As fans, we should know the ground realities of the Indian "team". Nobody is expecting us to win the series like aginast WI/SL recently. So, if they lose badly, we have to feel sorry for the team having a bad day..or should we start abusing the team like Mr. knowitall does. It is not as if the team wanted to lose this badly on purpose. Why are the same people silent when India wins beyond expectations?
How do you know I put personalities above the team? You've got the wrong guy. I just don't go ballistic when we lose to the best ODI team ever especially when our ODI form has been mediocre at best.
That's fine. Let others go ballistic if they chose to do so without being personally attacked.
MM' date=' in defense of Mr HS, he responded to coffee's comments which was personal and uncalled for.[/quote'] Mr. Hari has been going overboard and getting personal with almost every post of his. Even in this same thread , he has been after most guys.
So, what if some of us are upset with the team and want to call them whatever cause they sucked? Does it make us self loathers? If anything we care more about our pride and that's why are upset with our performance unlike some of you who are willing to put up with mediocrity.
When you are so concerned about the team that every time the team loses it hurts your pride , you dont come up with negative garbage ridiculing the players. You introspect. And even though this might seem a bit patronizing , Chandan is the the perfect example of a true Indian cricket fan. Dont you think she isnt upset when India loses ? Does she come up with utter ridicule whenever India loses ? make your own judgments.
And most of you guys care mainly about one guy. He did ok and so you guys are all fine. Some of us care diddly squat about how that guy did. We are just looking at wins and losses.
I think its about time you guys saw past our affinity for Sachin. We first want the Indian team to win, sachin's performance is always secondary. Just because we sport Sachin photo in our avtar , defend him whenever somebody goes after him , doesnt mean we dont want India to do well. You will notice that the biggest Sachin fans are also the biggest and most enthusiastic Indian cricket fan. And to let out a long held secret , we just do this for fun, Sachin gives us an identity ,thats all. Its not like we wil give up cricket if he is gone.
All of us feel bad on a loss..nobody is apologisng for the team's performance. But it doesn't give us any right to put the team down like this. As fans' date=' we should know the ground realities of the Indian "team". Nobody is expecting us to win the series like aginast WI/SL recently. So, if they lose badly, we have to feel sorry for the team having a bad day..and we should start abusing the team like Mr. knowitall does. It is not as if the team wanted to lose this badly on purpose. Why are the same people silent when India wins beyond expectations?[/quote'] You are not here to decide how others should react to a win or a loss. No need to get all personal as it typically gets ugly. You have to assume everyone here wants the team to win unless you have evidence to the contrary. He isn't convined of one isolated win with umpiring in our favor (I am not one of them). Doesn't make that person a self loather.
Guest HariSampath

This article feels exactly as I feel and I wish I had been smart enough to express myself this well. I can relate to, completely agree with and I can understand how this chap feels, like so many genuine fans of Indian cricket. I totally agree with him although I had always been a true fan of former Sachin , but then like so many of us , its a question that was addressed by the bard of Avon, "not that I love Sachin less but I love Indian cricket more", to parody Caesar. Please read on......and feel free to boo... it is in fact a cheer for Indian cricket's future. A CASE FOR BOOING SACHIN by JM, March 28, 2006 Saint Sachin was given a "booing ovation" when he wasted half an hour of valuable batting time on the Wankhede pitch last week and strolled back with a run in his pocket. It convinced me that we are still a democracy, where people don't forgive non-performers just because they are celebrities. I can see chappals and tomatoes coming my way, but I am completely in favour of booing Sachin Tendulkar. I think maximum performance marks of that day should go to the Wankhede stadium, who booed him all the way to the pavilion, and perhaps all the way back home. The Master Blaster's wife did not wait to see the rest of the wonderful game and got up to leave the stadium. That's what you call sportsman spirit. Don't get me wrong. I am not writing this because of my personal dislike for Sachin Tendulkar. There are enough idiotic Sachin fans masquerading as sports editors and reporters who will sing Sachin's paeans long after he returns with half a run and the stadium empties out after the match. They will keep shouting hoarse that he should be kept in the team for ornamental value, and not for any actual contribution. The academic nature of their discussions on Sourav Ganguly's predicaments or Rahul Dravid's achievements turns into extremism and epilepsy when they froth at mouth over the 'insult' to Sachin. The truth is that sports survives on fans, and some of them are more vocal like the Sachin fans. Fans cheer and go into orgasmic frenzies whenever their teams win. Sachin fans are denied such pleasure for long; hence their vitriol on peace-loving booers. When Sachin hits a record, they burst crackers, distribute sweets and paint the town red. They keep pictures of sports icons below their pillows, throng functions attended by them and queue up for their autographs. I strongly believe that if you graciously smile, accept accolades and mouth inanities for the cameras when you win, you must be equally prepared for the boos when you walk back with one-and-a-half run, tail firmly tucked between legs. Half a run and one run are alternate ways of firmly stating that you have comprehensively failed your team, your nation, your spectators and yourself. The spectators realised it and booed. The crowd at Wankhede was more intelligent, intuitive and democratic than self-proclaimed sports veterans who will accept the sight of a Sachin Duck Fry with the magnanimity of Iranian militants accepting Prophet Mohammed cartoons. The poet said that "poetry is a spontaneous overflow of powerful feelings." Booing also is. So, in stature, booing is on par with literary excellence. Booing is a tremendously powerful way of peacefully conveying your emotions without taking the law into your hands. The crowd did not throw eggs or tomatoes, they did not fling chappals, and they did not go on a riot. They waited patiently for half an hour, till they realised that this incompetence is of the unmentionable sort. Booing should be inculcated as part of a civic society. Those who detested George Bush's visit should have come out on the streets and booed him. Those who felt that Jessica Lall's murderers got away scot-free should have roundly booed whoever they thought the villains were. When corrupt politicians who never visit their constituency come asking for votes once in five years, they should be booed without a stop. When BMC officials come to visit Mumbai's stingy slums weeks after people have drowned in floodwaters, they should be booed right, left and center. Wasn't Gavaskar booed in Mumbai? Yes, rightly so! Didn't Indianapolis F1 fans boo when two Ferraris raced with the minnows in 2005? Rightly so! We all have a right to boo stupidity and non-performance, when those who live their lives and careers because of our faith in them miserably fail us. Our message to them should be: you are welcome to make your riches through soap and cola sponsorships, but don't expect us to take it lightly when you think that you can get away with one and half runs. If we can pull down governments for non-performance, we can surely pull you down from your shaky pedestal too. Many of those who are 'pained' by the Sachin booing incident nurture hopes and even claims that one day he will return to his erstwhile great form, and "silence critics". So they say that Sachin should be given more and more chances to play and lose so that one day his fossilised brilliance can bail out the team once again. To them, I say: Bollocks! Sachin's days as the great cricketer are over. Master Blasters don't make unmentionable scores in their home territory. They don't have such long continued bad spells as Sachin has. The Triumphant Return Of Sachin is wishful thinking at its worst. But is it fair to insult a player as great as Sachin? Correction, sir! Sachin is no longer a great player. He was. He stopped being great a long time ago, and started slipping into mediocrity and downright pathetic cricket. Now, the greatness of Sachin lives only in commentators' memories. Sachin had several glorious chances to stop singing when the voice was good. He could have left the field with dignity, head held high. He didn't. The selectors, BCCI, so-called cricket-lovers.. all are scared at the thought of sending Sachin packing. Sourav Ganguly, though, is a different matter. They are not scared - though he was playing far better cricket when he was unceremoniously shown the door. By refusing a voluntary retirement, Sachin is forcing an ignominious one on himself. Some say that Sachin should be allowed to quit at his own leisure. I don't agree to that. Non-performers are usually sacked. They don't get to choose their method of exit in any professional set-up. In any case, Sachin has played umpteen lousy games in the last few years, which showed him up as a spent force. And he has never shown any inclination to quit either. I wonder why Greg Chappel, who merrily insulted Ganguly saying he wanted to hang on to captaincy for money, has been blind to Sachin's continuance in the game. Chewing the cud of past batting glory, friends, is not going to help the Indian cricket team. Let's admit, Sachin is history, and let's get moving. Let's not get too fascinated by those yellowing newspaper cuttings of Sachin in Sharjah and Pakistan. Any amount of extremist attack on those who differ is not going to change the fact that everyone, including Sachin, has a time to go. Let's admire Sachin for the tremendous batting brilliance he has displayed - in the past. But the future belongs to young, energetic players - the likes of Pathan, Dhoni and Srisanth. It's time the Gangulys and Sachins took their deserved position in the commentary box. They will be far more useful there, than wasting valuable cricketing time for unmentionable scores. And if they are still unwilling to leave the field for good -- Boo!!

Just checked the score. 9 wicket defeat ? Ouch. That too on home soil. This is simply unacceptable. Sure, India have had an awful record outside the subcontinent but i expected better given that the team was playing at home. India have had a very good ODI record at home. The series isn't over yet but i wonder if the Indian team can recover from such a demoralising defeat.

why are you loyal to personalities and not to teams ? Why doesn't your loyalty to certain individuals becomes more important than the team these fellows have hijacked ?
I completely agree. The concept of supporting a TEAM is lost on most Indian cricket fans

HariSampath..if you feel you are a definiton of loser which im sure you probably are....you sud end ur life.... but dont join indian cricket and its fan into ur loser club....Check all ur posts...just hate self loathe and noting else....did ur mom find you a chick yet ?

HariSampath..if you feel you are a definiton of loser which im sure you probably are....you sud end ur life.... but dont join indian cricket and its fan into ur loser club....Check all ur posts...just hate self loathe and noting else....did ur mom find you a chick yet ?
you talk a lot for a guy with just 36 posts in this forum.
Arun , that kind of personal attack simply doesnt cut here. You are infact showing yourself to possess some of the same characteristics you are accusing Mr.Hari of having.
I suggest we redirect HS to the Indian Cricket Self-Loather's Paradise...wot say??
You are not here to decide how others should react to a win or a loss. No need to get all personal as it typically gets ugly. You have to assume everyone here wants the team to win unless you have evidence to the contrary. He isn't convined of one isolated win with umpiring in our favor (I am not one of them). Doesn't make that person a self loather.
Go back and read his first post. He said akin to "we are born losers, we deserve to lose". Why should there be so much self-abuse, that too for some inconsequential masala ODI series. I only asked him to speak for himself, I do take pride in whatever fight we put in this series. Yes we might lose the series. So a/c to guys like you, BD or Zim or Kenya should have no fans or take pride in their team as they hardly win any match against regular members.

Bottom line - Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, how they react to Indian victories/defeats. But coming to an Indian cricket fan site and absolutely hammering the living daylights out of our team using one taunt after another is simply not on. We are here to have fun , celebrate Indian cricket , despite its foibles and failings and not conduct post-mortem analysis on what is going on, with the sole intention putting players down.